Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

RSOV used to have the ones for the G36 and MP5 with a big beefy spring clip in it, you wont loose one of them ones. have a nosey over there and see if they still have them in stock. :)

www.rsov.com

Ah I've found similair ones on Fire-Support, hopefully they will do the Job, thanks!

Contact an official UK Magpul dealer, they should be able to get spares.

That was my original plan but I need it before the weekend :D

after disassembling and reassembling my acr I've noticed the slightest amount of play between the upper and lower receivers. If I pull up and down on fore-grip I can cause about a millimeter of up and down play. I can tell that it's loose at the front body pin, it doesn't really matter I'm just wondering if I'm missing something when I try to improve the fit back to perfect.

after disassembling and reassembling my acr I've noticed the slightest amount of play between the upper and lower receivers. If I pull up and down on fore-grip I can cause about a millimeter of up and down play. I can tell that it's loose at the front body pin, it doesn't really matter I'm just wondering if I'm missing something when I try to improve the fit back to perfect.

Did you add a new stock?

How wonderful (or not) CB clashes with FDE.... PEQ is VFC, M3 and dual switch is Elements, and EOTech is Gen 1 DE for colour reference. Kudos to Riptide for helping me out on this one.

IMG_47341.jpg

IMG_47331.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

Edited by Noveske

Hey guys I have a question regarding the ACR.

So I've had my Magpul ACR for awhile now. I've used it lightly a handful of times and it has always been a blast. However while I was using it today I realized that the hop up (when turned all the way off and on) had little effect on the bb's flight path. This has led me to believe that my hop up isn't functioning.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Like 1

Read this thread, it is definitely covered (has to do with removing the barrel with the hop-up turned on), though I cannot remember what the fix was (as I sold off my Masada for profit LOL. I prefer my VFC SR15s)

Hey guys I have a question regarding the ACR.

So I've had my Magpul ACR for awhile now. I've used it lightly a handful of times and it has always been a blast. However while I was using it today I realized that the hop up (when turned all the way off and on) had little effect on the bb's flight path. This has led me to believe that my hop up isn't functioning.

Luckily for you, i bookmarked the hopup problem page a while back before i bought the Masada myself for insurance. Its mid p28 and top p29. Take a look at those posts! :P

Any word on the status of the GBB conversion kit? And is it true that we'd also need a newly-designed recoil stock for such a kit? Meaning it couldn't be fired with a folded stock?

Any word on the status of the GBB conversion kit? And is it true that we'd also need a newly-designed recoil stock for such a kit? Meaning it couldn't be fired with a folded stock?

Not that I know of. And why would we need a special stock? It doesn't have a buffer tuber like an M4, it is more like a SCAR (WETTI SCAR GBBr has a folding stock).

Who knows? My guess, earliest is mid-end of 2011, if at all. Don't forget it took them 2 years to release the ACR. The RIS, AK lower and short outer barrel, which we've already seen production samples of for quite some time now, have STILL not been released, and I hear not until Feb/March 2011.

From what I've heard - RIS and shorter barrels within the next month/2 months tops - AK lower sometime the beginning of next year - GBBR kit unknown.

Granted these are the 'big' parts for the Masada that we've been waiting for (and the ones that allow us to use it to it's maximum potential) but there have actually been plenty of Magpul PTS products released since the Masada came out - the likes of the illumination kit/single point sling point/MVG/folding stock/silencer and flashhider etc.

Can you give some info on your barrel? And why swap for the RS hand guard?

In any case, that's beautiful.

The barrel's essentially just cut and re-dyed (14mm+) at a 12-12.5" length. I essentially wanted to go with an early ACR setup that Bushmaster put together using an AAC flashider (which I have yet to get) (Check out link):

http://www.mygaming.co.za/news/files.php?file=bushmaster_acr_1_302360097.jpg

Reason for the RS hand guard is that it has a thinner profile than the PTS one, not to mention it's a lot more solid (top PTS, bottom RS):

IMG_4740.jpg

I also will be doing a mod for the front of the top rail: removing the flip-up sight and installing the remainder of the pictanny rail so I can install a MBUS. The RS handguard allows for this while the PTS one doesn't. See pics below and you should get why:

IMG_4741.jpg

Reason for the RS hand guard is that it has a thinner profile than the PTS one, not to mention it's a lot more solid (top PTS, bottom RS):

I also will be doing a mod for the front of the top rail: removing the flip-up sight and installing the remainder of the pictanny rail so I can install a MBUS. The RS handguard allows for this while the PTS one doesn't. See pics below and you should get why:

Still have room for the battery in there though? Looks like much less space for it with RS.

Still have room for the battery in there though? Looks like much less space for it with RS.

I use a 7.4V li-po and I had to remove the heat shield to fit it in there. And it fits real snug, but yes, it can be done! You may get away with the nunchuk style 11.1V lipo, but I have not yet tried this.

Edited by Noveske

Had the same problem. I removed the whole hop up assembly down to the hop up arm. Unlike the traditional 1pc hop up the the hop up arm has a spring to help push down the hop up nub, for the ACR there is none. Full turn on to full off of the hop up the arm only moves it about 1mm. So basically it is not really pushing at all. I can not see the design pushing harder type of hop rubber. So this is why many have hop up issues.

The hop up nub is proprietary, it looks like a figure "8". The top of the nub connects to the hop up arm and the botttom is the one that pushes the hop up rubber. It is designed this way to prevent the nub from falling off when removing/replacing the barrel compared to the regular hop up designs that the nub is only resting on the hop up arm/lever.

I will be posting pics of it later.

Edited by arcteryx

That's interesting. I thought the handguard was a bit chunky compared to an typical M4. Does anyone know if the same is true for the RIS handguard as well?

Does anyone know if the same is true for the RIS handguard as well?

No it's not, the pre-production one I did the initial review with had the RIS on and it was lightweight and very thin/low profile.