Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Hi i am having feeding issues with my pts masasda, the pmag it came with is not feeding well and i have tried ics high caps as well fitfit well but do not feed continously. any ideas

Masada or ACR?

I have some calipers arriving this week, hopefully today, so I'll measure a few pistons for comparison.

Can you be more specific about how piston length was a problem? Too long and unable to fully cycle?

Cheers...yes the Sharp Shooter (which at least according to ASM is an Azimuth clone) was long enough whereby when pulled back, the release tooth on the piston is close to the release tooth on the sector. Of course without a spring, all the pistons had sufficient clearance but with the spring in place it was on the borderline. I guess in summary I'm concluding that the PTS ACR mechbox leaves little room for play compared to other V2 or V3 mechboxes.

Masada or ACR?

Errr, actually it's the same thing :D. At least in PTS's case, even their boxes say ACR Masada. I guess they didn't wanna honour Remington's RS to just call it ACR.

Edited by AnakChan

it is uk spec magpul pts masada

Try different and better quality bb's. I had this issue and it was driving me crazy. In the end it turned out to be the last thing I though of which was the bb's. I was using zero 1 bb's and was having feeding issues but as soon as I tried some blaster 0.2's and 0.25's it worked like a dream.

Errr, actually it's the same thing :D. At least in PTS's case, even their boxes say ACR Masada. I guess they didn't wanna honour Remington's RS to just call it ACR.

No, some people refer to the A&K Masada also as the PTS Masada because it is, now, endorsed by PTS.

Hi i am having feeding issues with my pts masasda, the pmag it came with is not feeding well and i have tried ics high caps as well fitfit well but do not feed continously. any ideas

Try different and better quality bb's. I had this issue and it was driving me crazy. In the end it turned out to be the last thing I though of which was the bb's. I was using zero 1 bb's and was having feeding issues but as soon as I tried some blaster 0.2's and 0.25's it worked like a dream.

That's Right Dudes. I was Using my Site's BB Strike Force. Feeding Issues, At time on single shoot. Defiantly on Full Auto. I Use 0.2g Using Excel or MadBull. Both work Full AUTO and Using Lipo 11.v. Every round Counts tongue.gif

I didn't think this was worthy of making into the News page, but it seems the Magpul PTS RIS is out in Jan 2011 :-

http://www.fortress-web.com/SHOP/101210-ptsmsdrhg.html

I'm surprised to see this coming out a Japanese online store first. This definitely isn't the A&K version (which sells for more shockingly).

Edit: Maybe this link is better, since it's the distributor :-

http://www.access-overseas.com/home.htm

Edited by AnakChan

I didn't think this was worthy of making into the News page, but it seems the Magpul PTS RIS is out in Jan 2011 :-

http://www.fortress-web.com/SHOP/101210-ptsmsdrhg.html

I'm surprised to see this coming out a Japanese online store first. This definitely isn't the A&K version (which sells for more shockingly).

Edit: Maybe this link is better, since it's the distributor :-

http://www.access-overseas.com/home.htm

WOW! It costs as much as the real thing!! Way to go PTS!

FYI, the Bushmaster RIS receiever pin is a bit larger than the PTS one. So you'll have to bore the hole on your receiver slightly larger to accomodate this. but the Bushmaster pins are so much more solid.

FYI, the Bushmaster RIS receiever pin is a bit larger than the PTS one. So you'll have to bore the hole on your receiver slightly larger to accomodate this. but the Bushmaster pins are so much more solid.

Was this the only mod you had to make for the normal handguard to fit as well ?

Seems it might be cheaper and better to replace that with the Bushmaster version as well.

Was this the only mod you had to make for the normal handguard to fit as well ?

Seems it might be cheaper and better to replace that with the Bushmaster version as well.

For the polymer handguard, I also removed the heat shield in order to accomodate a 7.4V 1300mah Lipo. It's a tight fit as the RS handguard is thinner. For the RIS, there's a lotta room.

Guys,

I need help. My Masada's Hop up unit is STILL not working.

I've removed the barrel and taken apart the barrel and bucking setup and cleaned/ re-lubed everything. After carefully assembling everything, I am still not getting any hop up when firing.

The hop up unit, bucking, etc doesn't seem damaged in any way. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

-Shin

Edited by luvs2shoot

luvs2shoot, with the barrel assembly removed, does the hop up nub have movement when you adjust the dial? If so, have you tried replacing the bucking? I've replaced mine with a Madbull, which has a larger nub on the inside of the bucking. I now have a wider adjustable hop range and I am able to over hop bbs.

Edited by WTF?Shane

Good-on-ya. The original can crack easily if the locking pin is out of alignment. And so far, I've not been able to get a replacement from PTS (well, at least not last month). The UK version is also reinforced that way.

Mine included. My Hand Guard also cracked around the pin area. An asian Version. Waiting to Order the UK Hand Guard to replace it. I've been told that the RIS and barrel will be at stores in Jan either 1st or 2nd week. Awesome!