Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I suppose all the parts separately would add up (outer, inner, hop parts, gas block, flash hider, gas piston etc) but that does still feel quite expensive.

Guess it'll be the rail soon, then the 10.5 after that; no sense releasing that before having the appropriate handguard available.

Yeah I totally understand the price. It's something that can only serve the few people who own a very specific gun, and that still doesn't mean every single one of those people will want the barrel. But from a poor college kid's perspective...OUCH. Although after thinking it over today, I have wanted that barrel since before the gun was even released, and I'm pretty sure I messed up the nub in my current barrel, so I may actually break down and buy this eventually.

$130 is just ridiculous.

Why? Add up the cost of all the parts separately for an M4. It's expensive for a single unit but it's not like it's outrageously more than if you were to put together an assembly like that for any other similar gun.

the price is definitely around the same ballpark price as you would for an M4. for example, lets use the tm sopmod. $60 for the Laylax short outter barrel. another $50 for a good tightbore barrel. $20 or so for a flashider...thats still not including the hop up ruber, and fake gas block, etc. Id say its a good price, just not a favorable price. but your also forgetting the practicality of the unit.

Here's a question for ya'll. Anyone going to keep their 14.5" after they get a CQB barrel? I'm sure some will love to be able to exchange back and forth, but does 3" of airsoft barrel actually make a huge difference?

Personally, I just compromised and cut mine to 12" or so. It's a cheaper alternative.:P

Here's a question for ya'll. Anyone going to keep their 14.5" after they get a CQB barrel? I'm sure some will love to be able to exchange back and forth, but does 3" of airsoft barrel actually make a huge difference?

Personally, I just compromised and cut mine to 12" or so. It's a cheaper alternative.:P

If I do get it, I will keep both and switch them. But, at the moment, I have no plans to buy a shorter barrel. The only accessories I am interested in currently are the RIS and potentially the longer barrel and hanguard.

Cough cough it's been a marathon to get to the end of this thread, but I'm glad I read it all carefully... Anywoooo. Hi! I'm Hunter! I am known around ASF a bit (at least I hopeblink.gif) lol been into airsoft for a while and picked up a PTS Masada a month or two ago (FDE MPTS01544) and have had absolutely 0... well. only 1 issue with it! Hop up.... crappiest thing ever. Can't get it to do *suitcase*. w/e I'll just mod it to have a scs nub in there, maybe do some other stuff in there we'll see how much needs done rolleyes.gif Other than that the thing is a beauty after 12,000 rounds of Matrix .23gs through it. Only thing I have put in so far is a Systema Bucking but heres the list I am gathering! (slowly but surely....)

- Supershooter 7 metal tooth azimuth piston (already have)

- ARS MASK POM Piston Head

- ARS Sorbo Pan (for cylinder head)

- AWS Pulse Mosfet

- RiotSC Revolution Gen.2 gearset

- Element Ultra torque motor

-Deans connectors (installed) and better wiring (undecided on what yet)

2x FireFox 11.1v 20c 1200mah lipos (seem to be the best fit lipo I have found!)

- PDI 375mm 6.05 tbb (installed)

- Retractable stock (installed)

-Masada SD Suppressor (DE) and Blackout 51 FH (installed)

Slowly but surely I'll get'er done! Focusing on my tavor now though since only 2 more things and its done! (basically list for it consists of the same exact parts....)

Seems that I was one of the lucky ones! except for hopup... I turn it with the barrel out and it DOES move, it just doesnt seem to do anything sadly... oh well, tinkering to come! Hope to be lively around this thread! (can't say the same for the forum though, we'll see)

IMG_0728.jpg?t=1294120991

Welcome Hunter, nice looking weapon you have there. Almost the same specs as what I put into mine (Seigtek 14:1 gears, Scorpion HRC-X500, & I forgot if I put in a Planet AE or Tienly...if it's a Planet AE, I'll probably switch to the Tienly tonight). My ACR GB can be found in my HRC-X5000 review found here :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=192137&st=0&p=2402574entry2402574

A note, let me know how you go with the Super Shooter piston. I found my Super Shooter (1xmetal tooth) couldn't cycle properly and noticed the piston length is somewhat longer than the stock PTS one. Eventually I used an Element Red full metal which was in-between in length of the stock PTS and Super Shooter.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184343&st=1420 (scroll down post #1436)

Kind of have my worried as the piston is one of the only thing I already have bought lol, can't afford to waste money. Have too many projects going on, every dollar countswink.gif can <1mm extra length make a major difference in the cycle? also that's a good lookin fet wink.gif I know the guy that made the AWS fets though so I'm hoping I can talk him into making my RoF tunings to be 25-20-15 instead of the 10 lol (i don't think I would ever use that)

Forgot to mention my "aim for" fps is 390 with a .2, with that fps and the parts I have planned, I'm fully expecting a good 35 rps lol, but that's what the fet is there for wink.gif

Which ratio of Seigtek/RiotSC's gears are you using though? He has multiple V2's with different ratios (GS-R, GS-B, GS-T, GS-TP). Note the GS-R (14:1 is rated up to 1J which your 390fps is way over 1J). So maybe the GS-B or GS-T. That extra 1mm (in fact it's not even 1mm, it's almost) has made a difference in my build. It locked up everytime with my Super Shooter - and mine's without sorbo. Do take note that RiotSC's last (release) tooth in the sector gear is larger than the rest since it pulls at the greatest compression. Maybe that's why it locks up but I find PTS GB to be less tolerant than standard V2. Switching to the Element with marginally more play helped me.

But give your Super Shooter a shot, see how you go with it. If you have success I'd like to know how - (I'm guessing stronger torque motor than one I'm using).

Yeah, AWS Frank's a great guy.

I was told the 1 j limit for the revolution set is with a tm motor, and that the element will be able to power it like a champ. By lock up, what do you mean? Should sorbo do anything to fix/make it worse if it is to occur? I really hope I don't have problems with this build unsure.gif Not so much the $ factor or the pain it is to fix, but I want this thing top notch in the field to have people hating on my as soon as possible! biggrin.gif

Interesting, if that were the case, if I were RiotSC, I wouldn't have put a J limit on the gears but on the motor instead. You may be ok with the GS-R but just to let you know he did put the specs down to 1J for the gears. Anyhow, most likely it'll be tougher than advertised specs. Despite this, do take note that RiotSC's gear has broken before (http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=1995.msg26198#msg26198) - but a very very rare occurrence.

By lockup, I mean piston pulled all the way back but un-releasable. Sorbo to fix the AOE should be fine. Initially I was concerned about the added length but it doesn't matter as it's the end of the piston to the release tooth that matters - not the added length between the release tooth and the piston head; that length doesn't matter.

I'm very happy with my ACR now with the mods I've done. The Scorpion HRC-X500 with the micro trigger gives is a almost a hair trigger. And with RiotSC's 14:1 GS-R gears & swiss cheesed Red Element piston, I have a decent RoF. But probably one of the most rewarding mods I did was to do the G-Hop on the hop-up, I'm getting good range and groupings whilst staying within Japan's legal limits. My colleagues who played with my ACR in our last field game were thoroughly impressed with it - it's my current pride and joy.

P.S. nice choice with the PTS ACR suppressor. When I got mine, the PTS wasn't out yet so I settled for a Gemtech :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=189637&st=0&p=2375211entry2375211

Edited by AnakChan

From what the maker of the gears told me, I'll be fine. As well as EVERYONE on ASF telling me it's fine. I'm sure it won't be a problem. As far as the locking up goes, I think I'm safe. Hopefully. Time will tell but from what I have gathered it seems my setup will power through any problems. What was the thing you did to your hopup? as that is the only issue I have having... Still kind of want to put a SCS nub on there like my tavor has tongue.gif and thanks on the compliment, it's very quite nice, although kind of front heavy now actually dry.gif I don't see myself using the suppressor in game much, more as just eye candy. We'll see though. It's not TERRIBLE. I DO although seeing myself using it with the tavor as it tends to be kind of back heavy... Oh well w/e, glad I made the purchase. Is it just me or do any type of bulky attachments, or any at all for that matter imo, just look.... bad on the masada? Idk. I just don't like it unless it is plain... Maybe it's because I don't want to scratch her yet tongue.gif nothing on this rail yet!

Edited by hmg9194

If you got the time, try whatever you wish. It'll be a while before I get my parts in. Prefer to get them all in at once and I'm not near having all the parts yet sadly... I need a job.tongue.gif

Ooo have I missed something? What is this magical hop-up upgrade? *want*

A quick summary before we get too off-topic, it's a highly experimental customised hop that I've been lucky to get a good range without going over the legal Japan limit. More info (and future discussions) here :-

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=3603.0

Feel free to PM me offline though.

[snip!]...plus like I said my target fps is 390 so idk if that is completely necessary..

Well lucky it's not just for you is it ;)??

Edited by AnakChan

Seems a genius idea that has to be said, not sure I'd have the time or patience to set it up and fine tune until it was working just right though. By the looks of it, some manufacturer could produce factory made buckings with the big square inside to achieve the effect along with appropriate nubs, maybe... ?

That would be cool, but I can't believe there isn't just a real easy simple fix of the hopup arm to make it stronger and more sensitive and such. Also I questiong I had. WHY THE HELL do ALL AEGs hopups turn like 3/4 of it do NOTHING and only the 1/4 actually getting to where it is functional... It would be amazing if it was 1/2 to 1/2 or even 1/4 to 3/4 then it would take care of hopup problems in most guns sad.gif