Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

A quick summary before we get too off-topic, it's a highly experimental customised hop that I've been lucky to get a good range without going over the legal Japan limit. More info (and future discussions) here :-

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=3603.0

Feel free to PM me offline though.

Google translate doesn't really cut it, but it looks like extra padding within the bucking? Higher gram BB's seem to fly further as you can add more spin. Interesting.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with that out the box bucking, wonder if they deliver to the UK...

It looks great, but I think magazines that'll cost about $25 a pop, that are never going to work in any other gun but this, might put a few people off.

PTS did a pretty good job making all the different modular bits for the gun I'm not denying that, it's just a shame about the restriction with the position of the hop unit.

does anyone know if they've canceled the 10.5" barrel in lieu of just releasing the 11.5"? Because while I def want a cqc barrel I don't need two and I want the most cqc for my buck if you get what I'm saying.

Good point, the original docs show only 1xshort barrel but there's 2xtext next to it (11.5" AK short barrel, 10.5" CQ(B?).

However, based on current design, 10.5" would put the FH right under the gas block - little room to slip on a suppressor over. Unless they're re-designing a new barrel where the gas block is recessed even shorter (which I'd doubt since that's additional design/manufacturing overhead).

Yah that's old news lol, as far as the barrel goes, whats the point of 1 inch? I say this barrel is plenty cqbish, hell i think the regular barrel is easy to get by with.

Almost 3 inches actually. I think i like the short barrel as i dont have an extra 3 inches of gun to poke around doorways in CQB, which might not sound much, but when you hold the very end of the handguard, you know you can pretty much put the gun where your hand is. Rather than have to worry about the extra 4-5 inches that is beyond your hand.

Edited by SwatMP5man

It is unsubstantiated but I heard from a supplier that the CQB 10.5" barrel has been cancelled. TBH the 11.5" is plenty short enough and does at least mean that you can use a shorter barrel set up with the original polymer handguard without having to buy the RIS unit too. Which you would have needed to do for the 10.5" barrel.

Got mine on order with a suppressor so when it comes I'll take some photos and do a short review within the review!

Almost 3 inches actually. I think i like the short barrel as i dont have an extra 3 inches of gun to poke around doorways in CQB, which might not sound much, but when you hold the very end of the handguard, you know you can pretty much put the gun where your hand is. Rather than have to worry about the extra 4-5 inches that is beyond your hand.

Yah I meant the barrel they just released is fine for cqb

It is unsubstantiated but I heard from a supplier that the CQB 10.5" barrel has been cancelled. TBH the 11.5" is plenty short enough and does at least mean that you can use a shorter barrel set up with the original polymer handguard without having to buy the RIS unit too. Which you would have needed to do for the 10.5" barrel.

Got mine on order with a suppressor so when it comes I'll take some photos and do a short review within the review!

And if you got the masada sd in de its VERY nice :)

Tempted to get one. Currentely split between one of these and a KA Sig 556 variant. To be honest, I'm leaning torwards the 556. As far as I can tell from skimming through the thread, the very high price tag is basically for name(well... model)sake. It suffers from the same issues as ARES/STAR designs (I won't be contributing to the whole "IS IT OEM'D BY STAR?" discussion, relax), the initial package comes sporting a fixed stock and no ris option, for no less than 500€ and I've seen some EU shops run them around 600€+.

Considering you can get something relatively out of the ordinary (which is to say "not an M4 variant") for around 400€ sporting a RIS option right off the bat and with less reliability issues... I don't know. I have to say that even though I do love the ACR design, shelling out 500€, plus a few more hundreds in PTS-only options doesn't attract me much. Especially with the whole bit about the AK lower not being Marui-compatible.

Bare in mind, I'm not saying the gun sucks - I can't comment as I haven't even had the chance to hold one, let alone look properly or comment on it aside from what I can deduct from forum posts. I absolutely adore PTS's products, they're top-notch and well priced, but I can't help but feel the ACR feels out of line with the rest of their product line. It feels overpriced, reminding me of the days where you had to shell out 400€+ for a non-RIS, Full-Metal M4 that wasn't a Marui and as such, BOUND to have tons of reliability issues. Again, I'm not saying it's the case, but the analogy stands.

EDIT: Forgot about this little particular bit -- to top it off, I have to paint it accordingly to the absurd/draconic Portuguese laws. So that's painting a very, very, very hefty investment. Just the thought of doing it makes me cringe.

Edited by Solid Snake.pt

eh, I get the whole price complaint. But when I bought mine I was planning on picking up all the goodies so that I could switch them out at my subtle whim. I kinda knew the price point was going to get pretty ridiculous. I've already picked up a folding stock, mvg, and single point mount, as well as a mess of m-version pmags. Now I have to save up another $200 for the barrel and suppressor, I would be more forlorn, but I just enjoy putting money into this sucker. It's honestly what I wished my first AEG had been like 6 years ago when I got it.

As others have said, once all the bits and pieces for this have been released, you will/should have a gun that can be a jack of all trades, whether its battle rifle, DMR or CQB shooter. Internally its not using too many proprietary parts so can always be fixed/modded/upgraded.

So I'm having a weird problem, After I installed a Mosfet and switched pistons the trigger pulls and it fells like I need to pull it harder at the end of the motion to get the shoot. Any one else have this?

What's the proper way to release the spring in this gun after a game? Flick the trigger until you hear the motor move or until you hear one shot? I think I didn't release it right and now it shoots pretty slow.