Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

What's the proper way to release the spring in this gun after a game? Flick the trigger until you hear the motor move or until you hear one shot? I think I didn't release it right and now it shoots pretty slow.

With magazine removed and rifle pointed in a safe direction, give it a couple full trigger pulls in semi.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning that I played in 20 degree (Fahrenheit) weather yesterday the only problems my acr was having were due to my battery slowly dying of hypothermia. At the same game at least 3 stock kwa's went down including two gearboxes shattering.

Just fitted a new Systema A to Z motor (mix of speed/torque) rate of fire and shot up, smei response is much better as well. Just a shame the home made mosfet i attempted to install went up in flames with one my batteries :(

Do any of you run a sling on your Masadas, if so what type and what fixings are you using ? I don't currently have a MOLLE vest so one that attaches isn't practical for me at present, although I am thinking swapping to one. Please just recommend me what works for you and I'll have a look at everything.

Off topic I know, however I've stuck Masada sling in the search function and am only pulling results for masada.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by justm

I have the single point sling mount on mine with a random 1 point until I get my ms2 eventually. Internal upgrades before that though :D

Heres my list for you all to feast your eyes on if you like:

Element Max Torque motor

RiotSC Revolution Gen.2 gearset

AWS Pulse mosfet

ARS MASK POM Piston Head

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo Pad

PDI 6.05mm tbb (installed)

Systema bucking (installed)

Hopefully I can get this things accuracy problem taken care of though... it tends to shoot way low and a little to the right..

Got my 11.5" barrel and suppressor today And they are worth the money! it cost me £140 from ehobbyasia and took about 4-5 days to get here. The fit and finish is excellent and the markings on the suppressor is spot on.

One thing worth noting is the barrel inside was FILTHY!! and the inner wasn't aligned quite right in the outer and was canted slightly to the left so the hop nub wouldn't put vertical pressure on the BB. It' isn't a major problem though and can be fixed by just re-aligning it.

I have the UK spec masada and it dropped straight in and was nice and snug and so didn't need the supplied barrel spacers.

Overall, yes very happy as along with the RIS it gives me a weapons platform I can use for pretty much every game; which is a shame for the rest of my guns!!!

Got my 11.5" barrel and suppressor today And they are worth the money! it cost me £140 from ehobbyasia and took about 4-5 days to get here. The fit and finish is excellent and the markings on the suppressor is spot on.

One thing worth noting is the barrel inside was FILTHY!! and the inner wasn't aligned quite right in the outer and was canted slightly to the left so the hop nub wouldn't put vertical pressure on the BB. It' isn't a major problem though and can be fixed by just re-aligning it.

I have the UK spec masada and it dropped straight in and was nice and snug and so didn't need the supplied barrel spacers.

Overall, yes very happy as along with the RIS it gives me a weapons platform I can use for pretty much every game; which is a shame for the rest of my guns!!!

Too bad the gasblock still protrudes outside the RIS....;)

Should have the RIS later this week and yes, it'll be a shame but I reckon I can live with it. Of course; if the 10.5" barrel IS released Tgen for the sake of completeness one might find it's way into the collection, even though I don't really need it! Damn you magpul! Damn you!!

Why would that matter? :huh:

If it were me, I'd quite like the look.

And conversely some won't like the look. Personally, I'm not too bothered. I would prefer it to look like the pic in my signature but I'll survive if the gas block sits an inch further forward of the end of the RIS.

Thank for the heads up with the sling mount. Sorry for the confusion but it's my first AEG and consequently my first sling so I don't want to chuck money around unnecessarily but nor do I want a sling that I can't fit because I'm missing something. I gather that it wont fit through the existing sling plate on the Masada then.

Edited by justm

Nope it won't you'll need the larger sling plate that is a direct screw in replacement for the flat one on there already. It's about £20 or so from places like firesupport to name but one and of course other magpul retailers!

I can quite understand that of course, everyone has their tastes they're quite entitled to. Just seemed like an extremely minor thing.

Again... minor to some, major to others...

I have an ms2 on my ACR, works great so far, and it adjusts better than any sling I've owned. In 5'3" so its hard to find a sling that adjusts to my height.

Great to hear. I just ordered a MS2, the ACR single sling point, and a magpul rail slingpoint for the front.

Can't wait to install it.

Has magpul released the RIS handguard yet or are people just getting the rs one? I looked around and couldn't find it..

Not out on any retailer websites I've seen. Dingodogs did announce that they have them, though.