Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

It doesnt just fit straight on the A&K version either, you need to make a spacer for the under rail so the launcher clears the hand guards. I'd imagine it would be something similar with the Ares one.

3598048407_2902631ac0_z.jpg

3598856124_888d6d6ecb_z.jpg

• Like 1

Fatscout. IIRC the nozzle and hop is for the A&K masada.

Now that the internals are not ARES/STAR... what is the way to tell? Im kind of interested in getting one now, but not with the bleh gearbox.

Edited by BigBabyMoses06

It doesnt just fit straight on the A&K version either, you need to make a spacer for the under rail so the launcher clears the hand guards. I'd imagine it would be something similar with the Ares one.

The ARES is totally different, the locking mech sits right at the top so it'll bolt right on to pretty much any rail with no problem. Here's my ARES on a King Arms CASV, no washers or extra mounts just right on to the normal rail:

th_P1000305.jpg

The VFC wouldn't even go close when I tried to do the same thing with it. Whether it'd be reasonably easy to attach the VFC to the ACR handguard using the MOE rails and some longer bolts/washers I'm not sure, obviously it's possible with the right bits and some work but I don't think it'd be as secure or solid compared to using the ARES, certainly wouldn't be my personal choice.

Edited by CKinnerley

The ARES is totally different, the locking mech sits right at the top so it'll bolt right on to pretty much any rail with no problem. Here's my ARES on a King Arms CASV, no washers or extra mounts just right on to the normal rail:

th_P1000305.jpg

The VFC wouldn't even go close when I tried to do the same thing with it. Whether it'd be reasonably easy to attach the VFC to the ACR handguard using the MOE rails and some longer bolts/wasshers I'm not sure, obviously it's possible with the right bits and some work but I don't think it'd be as secure or solid compared to using the ARES, certainly wouldn't be my personal choice.

Can you do me a favor and try and put the ARES eglm on the ACR? If you can get yours to fit snug I will pick one up =O

Fatscout. IIRC the nozzle and hop is for the A&K masada.

Now that the internals are not ARES/STAR... what is the way to tell? Im kind of interested in getting one now, but not with the bleh gearbox.

No, this is a new version for the Magpul version. It was just released, but I have heard nothing about it. Their site has almost zero info except price.

Edited by fatscott

For anyone wondering about barrel/hop-up combinations...

I just tried a madbull precision 6.01 tightbore (m4 length) with a madbull shark blue hop rubber vs. the original rubber.

madbull hop was useless with .20's and .25's, very inconsistent. But the stock rubber (on full hop) throws our .25's with almost perfect accuracy at good range.

anyone used any similar set ups?

Hi,

I'm the writor of the post on france-airsoft about the wiitech hop up (so sorry for my english, I'm french ^^).

so the wiitech hop up chamber is very good. It's improve my FPS (from 330fps to 340fps with stock ressort and Tanio koba 363mm and Translucide Guarder bucking, but stock rubber).

The wiitech nozzle is longer than the stock part (about 1mm).

But the stock rubber isn't powerfull to pull up the 0.25g bb, so I order a blue madbull, normaly I receive it this week, I will give you my feedback.

some picture of my post :

img0549pn.jpg

img0555uu.jpg

if someone have any solution to improve the hop up to pull up the bb, said it ! :).

I have a 6.01mm madbull tightbore and tried using a G&P bucking...I got similar results to jimmythetool....the bb's were everywhere...in otherwords, I didn't notice any performance gains vs the stock barrel and stock bucking. I'm gonna try replace the bucking with the stock one and will post results. I didn't notice any FPS gain either. Stock, it was firing 320 FPS with .20. It was still firing 320 after the tightbore.

This I highly doubt. PTS has no dealings with Remington or their designs. PTS only deals with Magpul designs and products. Even the current PTS ACR design is off the final generation of Magpul's Masada before it was sold off to Bushmaster and Remington who then further modified parts of the original design. So if Remington produces it, it is highly UNLIKELY PTS will produce it as well.

If I remember correctly AAC is a subsidiary of Remington; and, as you recall, PTS released the AAC Blackout 51T flashhiders and AAC M4-2000 licensed (if I recall correctly) from AAC. Thus it's not entirely true that PTS had no dealings with Remington. After looking at the prices for the RIS foregrip, however, I doubt that I would be interested in such a product anymoremellow.gif...

Ok FINALLY finished the mods on the ACR:

-Front flip-BUIS removed and replaced with rail

-Shortened barrel to 10.5" with gasblock tucked into RIS

-Bushmaster ACR RIS

-PTS trademarks removed

-Upper receiver sprayed coyote brown (not a perfect match, but oh well!)

-Shell deflector sprayed black

Will be going with an AAC trilug soon and possibly a silencer option.

IMG_6259.jpgIMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6262.jpgIMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6264.jpgIMG_6261.jpg

Comments appreciated. :)

Edited by Noveske
  • Like 3

I am telling you guys, a great fix I think (testing in about 6 days when they come in) is a hopup rubber that does not rely on the nub at all IE the KWA 2GX or PDI W hold bucking (I ordered 5 W Hold, so I'll be able to tell you my results soon enough.)

I am telling you guys, a great fix I think (testing in about 6 days when they come in) is a hopup rubber that does not rely on the nub at all IE the KWA 2GX or PDI W hold bucking (I ordered 5 W Hold, so I'll be able to tell you my results soon enough.)

Sorry, but a new guy at this. What type of rubber would you replace the stock one with?

Ok FINALLY finished the mods on the ACR:

-Front flip-BUIS removed and replaced with rail

-Shortened barrel to 10.5" with gasblock tucked into RIS

-Bushmaster ACR RIS

-PTS trademarks removed

-Upper receiver sprayed coyote brown (not a perfect match, but oh well!)

-Shell deflector sprayed black

Will be going with an AAC trilug soon and possibly a silencer option.

IMG_6259.jpgIMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6262.jpgIMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6264.jpgIMG_6261.jpg

Comments appreciated. :)

Whats the Torch called and also i'm very intrested in the RIS mount pressure switch, what is that called. Where could we find tho's products. Many thanks

Sweet ACR!

Whats the Torch called and also i'm very intrested in the RIS mount pressure switch, what is that called. Where could we find tho's products. Many thanks

Sweet ACR!

Its the Surefire M300A Scoutlight. Switch is the Surefire SR07.

Sweet customization job Noveske!

I've been shooting the Magpul Masada for a couple of months now, and it gets a lot of looks and interest at the field. My piece is still in stock condition with the exception of losing the ugly-a$$ orange supressor for the black aftermarket unit, and the addition of an Eo-tech 552 knock-off reflex sight.

I find that it chronos at a pretty constant 335 fps with .25 gm BB's. I've also experienced the "failure to fire in semi-auto mode" that the OP made mention of. However, flipping the selector switch to "full auto" and popping off a short burst corrected the problem. About the only "con" to this AEG is the fact that it really doesn't like anyone else's magazines.

I love the looks and uniqueness of this AEG and it shoots well right out of the box. It's not cheap $480 usd), but not many top quality things are these days.