MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

That's good news. I had him replace the piston head with a Prommy POM one. I will have a shooting video on Friday. Hopefully the AWS Pulse functions will work, as I heard they didn't work right in the masada from somewhere. (IE the 3 round burst and such)

I have a pad on my cylinder head. Works great and really quieted the gun down.

I have the AWS Sentry. The 3-round problems I originally saw were a function of the crappy soldering job and from what I heard from others, the micro switch bouncing. It's not necessarily the MOSFET. You have the Pulse though, so it's going to know exactly the single fire rotations you get with that little switch device in the gearbox. A team-mate is putting one on his KWA battle rifle.

Get an SHS Short Ultra Torque motor, no need for the satan (shs is better, plus the satan is long not short)

And Nikon you're right, the mosfet should know exactly when to stop for the burst so it should be good. With all the parts I bought for it it should be PAST 30 rps :) going to be fun.

Get an SHS Short Ultra Torque motor, no need for the satan (shs is better, plus the satan is long not short)

And Nikon you're right, the mosfet should know exactly when to stop for the burst so it should be good. With all the parts I bought for it it should be PAST 30 rps :) going to be fun.

I'm getting about 15 rps with a 120 spring and a high torque motor. What type of spring and battery are you using?

Edited by Nikon

I just put a Systema M120 spring in mine and the motor was having issues pulling it. Thinking up upgrading the motor.

Anyone see the new G and P Satan or the SHS ones?

No need for a torque motor to pull that spring. An SHS high speed motor will easily pull it, and much faster.

These are all the aftermarket parts I am putting in it:

RiotSC Revolution Gen.2 Gearset

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo

AWS Pulse Mosfet

11.1v 20c 1200mah batteries (x4)

Deans

PDI 6.05mm barrel

PDI W Hold Bucking

Element Max torque motor

Prometheus POM Piston Head

+

All the correct tuning for accuracy and compression consistency and 2 springs, one for 350 fps and one for 390 fps.

Edited by hmg9194

So what's the downside of a high torque motor with a 120 spring, especially if very high ROF might not be your primary goal?

The only reason for using one at that power level would be if you wanted to deliberately keep the ROF down, but that goal would be better achieved using a lower voltage battery or a computerized mosfet with ROF control. Modern neodymium magnet high speed motors can provide plenty of speed AND torque at the mild power levels being discussed.

The only reason for using one at that power level would be if you wanted to deliberately keep the ROF down, but that goal would be better achieved using a lower voltage battery or a computerized mosfet with ROF control. Modern neodymium magnet high speed motors can provide plenty of speed AND torque at the mild power levels being discussed.

...but is there a downside, like wear on gears or battery?

...but is there a downside, like wear on gears or battery?

As with all high performance builds there is less margin for error when tuning. But if you're good at tuning and you use the right parts, you can happily run a gun at high speed for a very long time.

A torque motor for speed builds is a good idea if you have a good enough battery source - HS motors take a longer time to start up, draining more batter power. Torque motors take less, so if you give enough power you can output a decently good ROF.

OK, so generally, a high speed motor will drain your battery faster but give you high rates of fire. It can also pull a 120 spring or less. A high torque motor is more efficient for batteries and can pull 120+ springs but gives a much lower ROF. It's a generalization, but is that correct?

aznriptide859, when you say "good enough battery source", what are you thinking? Maybe a 7.4v 2200mah 30C Lipo or something bigger? I'm thinking a high "C" rated battery will be much more efficient for a high torque motor.

Edited by Nikon