MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

As for use, though it may be a double-edge sword, I do like the micro trigger, almost a hair trigger. Having said that, I don't know if anyone has tried installing the AWS Stealth/Raptor into the A&K version to get the same feel.

Does somebody know if the AWS Stealth V2CT X100 fits the Masada gearbox?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Finally I had time to put things together:

Siegetek torque gears

5KU 8mm bearings

G&P AK Type M160 Turbo Charger Motor

Deep Fire Ver. 2. Titanium Piston (Titanium Teeth)

Modify AUG/G36C cylinder head

Modify Polycarbonate Piston Head

M120 spring

Extreme-Fire SW-Panther chip

Wii Tech Hop-up Chamber and Air-tight Nozzle

PDI W-hold hop-up bucking

Power: 405 FPS / 123 m/s measured with XCORTECH X3200

Battery Type: DualSky 11.1V 30C LiPO

The AUG/G36C cylinder head works nicely.

The parts in the list are not quite what I was intended to use, but now I had no time to play around with the parts, cause I just had to get the gun work.

My ideal set would have had Modify bearings.

I was going to use SHS 14 teeth steel teeth piston, but it was too wide and had lot of friction. So I ditched it cause, it would need a lot of work to make it fit and it could make the piston weaker.

I don't know what brand the spring is but it's Prometheus or Modify or Guarder... I have so many springs lying around that I don't know :) But I'm pretty sure it is M120

Now I can't say how well hop-up works cause I couldn't test that. I did the power test inside.

Edited by rautasami

Oh I wasn't having any problems (or any problems I had I've solved them myself - then reported here back in Dec '10 - finally responded to your old question back then too about piston lengths).

Digging back a little history, my friend did experience lockups as the spring he bought was just too long, and he also misaligned the spring guide during installation. I just remembered it recently in the past few days and thought it worthy mentioning on this forum as something ACR modders need to watch out for.

Woops, somehow I missed your post. Sorry about that. I also totally forgot about my promise to measure pistons, so I'll get on with that shortly. Thanks for reminding me. :rolleyes:

Finally I had time to put things together:

Siegetek torque gears

5KU 8mm bearings

Thanks for sharing your list, it's good to know of a few more parts which work.

I'd be cautious of using those bushings though, because RiotSC only recommends Modify tempered stainless steel bushings, or ceramic bearings. The gear axles are so hard that they will wear down other bushings over time. Unfortunately I can confirm that neither of Modify's 8mm offerings are compatible with Siegetek gears in the Masada gearbox. My next try would be Kanzen ceramic bearings, but they are known to be fragile so I wouldn't run them hard, if they even fit. But let us know how the 5KU bearings look after a few thousand rounds.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait. So the AUG cylinder head works? I think we have ourselves a completely upgradable gun now boys. (piston still has problems but yah know)

The only exception that I know of is the trigger assembly. The micro switch is replaceable, but the part that triggers the micro switch is not that I know of.

Hi guys, just got my Magpul Masada PTS today! So stoked, can't wait to use it. I got it used though, and I'm having some issues. First off, shooting semi on safety. Not that big of a deal, I'm thinking it's just a slight misalignment of something inside, an easy fix for my tech. Next, is...it has some trouble on full auto feeding, double feeding sometimes, and sometimes just not firing. All I've tested that with so far is the mag that came with the gun, I'll go out tommarow and shoot it with the high cap I have, but anyone have any suggestions in the mean time?

- Scavenger

Scav, your first problem sounds like the fire selector switch gears aren't lined up properly. An easy fix as all you have to do is with the mechbox out, pay attention to where the selector plate and selector gear is when in safe, semi and full. Put the mechbox and selector switch on safe and carefully slide the mechbox back into the lower receiver. Reinstall the hardware to ensure proper gearbox alignment, connect the battery, test it out and repeat if necessary.

As far as the feeding, try out that extra mag you have. Maybe the included magazine just needs a little cleaning and lubing. If not it, possibly an issue with the hop up bucking. Let us know what happens.

Edited by WTF?Shane

Scav, your first problem sounds like the fire selector switch gears aren't lined up properly. An easy fix as all you have to do is with the mechbox out, pay attention to where the selector plate and selector gear is when in safe, semi and full. Put the mechbox and selector switch on safe and carefully slide the mechbox back into the lower receiver. Reinstall the hardware to ensure proper gearbox alignment, connect the battery, test it out and repeat if necessary.

As far as the feeding, try out that extra mag you have. Maybe the included magazine just needs a little cleaning and lubing. If not it, possibly an issue with the hop up bucking. Let us know what happens.

Took it out, shot it, shoots BEAUTIFUL on safety, and semi ;). But when I flick to full auto, it occasionally shoots two bbs at once, sometimes it doesn't feed, sometimes it shoots nice. It's quite odd.

I was planning on getting that Wii Tech Hop up module, anyone have any experience? Worth 40?

Edited by Scav
:blink: finally done reading this 102 pages long thread,I had my masada out on 2 skirms and the first 0ne was amazing,right out of the box shooting great.fps around 340 with 0.25. second skirm was a bit dissapointing,bbs falling out of the barrel :(yes the infamous hop up problem,used some silicone oil and things were a bit better,still not convinced about the hop up issue.going to replace the bucking thirst and see what happens. a team mate used his masada yesterday for the first time and had alot of feeding problems but could be caused by 'wrong' bbs, also hop up problems. the only thing that bothers me most is the hop up on the gun,it sucks!;) other than that it's a amazing gun!

Nope. Gun is with Tech.

Sorry

i am the tech i gut the gun running super smooth mechanically it actually sounds kinda wimpy very sleeper of it considering its shooting 435 with 25s on an unmodified element 115 spring

however that blasted microswitch is killing me i just need to find a new one and no one i know knows a thing about them and sadly neither do i

so if anyone can send me a link to another microswitch that would be killer

ill post up a parts list when all is said and done so you can know what fit just fine and hopefully gain knowledge from my experience

as i had zero problems mechanically with the 5 that i have worked on and shimming them was always a snap (apparently im the man or just lucky lol )

please email me the link to the micro switch at stephen.patrick.drolet@gmail.com as i barely ever check this forum

Is the switch the same one that comes in the A&K M249s? There's a store near me called skycraft that carries them, and tons of other random springs and bits and stuff. Maybe search for a hardware store or something like that?

Edited by Scav

My Masada is mostly stock, and recently my hop-up hasn't been working all that well. there is barely any adjustment from end to end of adjustment. So I'm looking at upgrading my hop-up bucking. I'm shooting Madbull .25's at 300-310 fps with a M100 spring. Getting a lot of arc towards the end of the bb's flight. My immediate options are currently limited in Korea, though I plan to order a PDI bucking once customs is no longer angry with me.

My current options for buckings are:

Prometheus/Laylax purple/soft bucking

Marui bucking

Modify 2 ring bucking

King Arms 40 degree

King Arms 80 degree

Guarder clear bucking

Madbull Sharp 60 degree bucking

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm being stupid but my search attempts either give me this thread in general, or vague details.

i am the tech i gut the gun running super smooth mechanically it actually sounds kinda wimpy very sleeper of it considering its shooting 435 with 25s on an unmodified element 115 spring

however that blasted microswitch is killing me i just need to find a new one and no one i know knows a thing about them and sadly neither do i

so if anyone can send me a link to another microswitch that would be killer

ill post up a parts list when all is said and done so you can know what fit just fine and hopefully gain knowledge from my experience

as i had zero problems mechanically with the 5 that i have worked on and shimming them was always a snap (apparently im the man or just lucky lol )

please email me the link to the micro switch at stephen.patrick.drolet@gmail.com as i barely ever check this forum

Email on it's way. For everyone else, here's my post on the micro switch I've found:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184343&view=findpost&p=2438852

• Like 1

ok i think these might work ill let you know when they come in and ill also post a guide on what to snip and how to wire it thank you for the helps

Glad to help. Just be sure to get the NC version as they have a NO version as well. See the picture of the stock switch in my original post.