MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

TK4235, I did order up the prommy barrel. It should be here next week. I will do some grouping tests and chrono again after installing the barrel with stock bucking, then install a guarder and retest. I also have the aftermarket air nozzle on the way, http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?products_id=1522. I will also chrono test after replacing the air nozzle. I'll post a graph style of stock, prommy barrel, bucking, air nozzle, then lastly Systema M120 spring for FPS.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Xrider... top man!

Look forward to the results..

I'm also considering the aftermarket air nozzle from the same place too...

The prommy barrel should give up to about 10fps more and the air nozzle something similar.....coupled with the guarder hop i'm wondering what the range would be too...... exciting times :)

Need some help here guys..

I'm wanting to change the nub in the Masada's hop unit, but i'm come to the part where there are two pins that need to be knocked out of the top receiver which I believe hold the hop unit in place? Is that correct? Do these pins need to be knocked out or are they screw in type of pins? If knocked out, what have people used to knock them out with?

Thx

Looks like it cleared customs faster than I thought. It will be a few days before I post some results. I am still waiting for the guarder hop up and air seal nozzle. Curious as to what my rps does also when I install the Systema M120 spring. I picked up a Amp Tactical torque up motor to play with also, after the spring install.

post-75930-0-46451500-1315087876_thumb.jpg

Need some help here guys..

I'm wanting to change the nub in the Masada's hop unit, but i'm come to the part where there are two pins that need to be knocked out of the top receiver which I believe hold the hop unit in place? Is that correct? Do these pins need to be knocked out or are they screw in type of pins? If knocked out, what have people used to knock them out with?

Thx

I used an Allen key and a hammer to take out my pins for the hopup assembly, however there are no replacement aftermarket nubs for these guns yet :( , refer to one of my previous post on my toothpick mod for helping out the stock nub do its job. Hope this helps, Charlie.

anyone installed a PDI raven barrel? I did, and I lost 40FPS... .

Looks like I got an airleak somewhere. It did 340FPS out of the box.

Also had my piston stripped due to high rate of fire. :P

But all in all it's a killer!

If anyone is looking to buy a PTS Masada, I'm putting mine up for sale.

I LOVE the rifle, but it's time for me to step up to a Systema PTW (which is about $1,500 here).

COLOR: Black

Currently being upgraded by my field tech:

- new Systema piston (newly installed, not fired yet)

- new Bravo Aluminum piston head (newly installed, not fired yet)

- re-wired for deans

- PDI Stainless Steel TBB 6.01 (newly installed, not fired yet)

- PDI Hop-up Bucking (newly installed, not fired yet)

- WII Tech metal Hop-Up Chamber and Air Tight Nozzle (newly installed, not fired yet)

- Prometheus Non-Liner Irregular Pitch color-coded springs for different strengths (M135, M120, & I believe a M110)

- Modify 8mm ceramic bearings (newly installed, not fired yet)

- Front MBUS site (I removed the original crappy site that comes installed), and as you know it comes with a rear MBUS sight.

- I may include (not sure yet) Magpul PTS angled Front Grip.

- less than 5000 rounds through it (with stock parts, the upgrades have not been skirmished with at all yet).

- stock magazine (Mid-cap PTS Magpul)

I may also be including:

- 3x Magpul rails (2x 5 notc, 1x 7 notch)

PM me if interested.

Thought I would share my battery setup in my ACR.. This is with the Railed handguard.

I have 2 7.4v lipo batteries 1200mah.. 2 individually wrapped cells. This allows great manipulation of the batteries in the front end.

MasadaParallel001.jpg

I built an adapter to allow for Parallel use. This makes it a 2400mah setup.

MasadaParallel002.jpg

MasadaParallel005.jpg

Batteries connected to adapter

272346_1937762528660_1380283003_31942859_3490736_o.jpg

One set of Cells is above the barrel assembly

279757_1937772808917_1380283003_31942874_1889447_o.jpg

With two of them above the barrel, that leaves the area under the barrel avail for the other 2 cells. This makes it kind of a pain to install the handguard, but once it is on, you are goo to go for the entire day (Depending on your playing style). This is what you see from the front of the gun when everything is installed

272612_1937778089049_1380283003_31942876_867535_o.jpg

@SHWEL, very nice. I like it. At first I thought I read somewhere else that connecting lipos in parallel were dangerous but upon further reading, it's not so bad. Although I'm still using the original ACR handguard and have lots of space, this could be good for my Recoil Sopmod instead. Good tip, cheers.

anyone installed a PDI raven barrel? I did, and I lost 40FPS... .

Looks like I got an airleak somewhere. It did 340FPS out of the box.

Also had my piston stripped due to high rate of fire. :P

But all in all it's a killer!

I did and gained like 20 fps. I'm chronoing at 403 fps with the only changes the 6.01 Raven barrel and a 110 spring.

The only thing I would not recommend o those not in the know. DO NOT TRY AND CHARGE THE BATTEIRES WHILE CONNECTED LIKE THIS..

That's a very good point... I'm wondering whether I can source a similar nunchuk style battery arrangement from one of the UK suppliers...? I'm considering the rail handguard too but have a feeling my existing lipo will not fit.... I'll post a link on here if i'm successful in finding one?

Hi everyone!

I'm an Airsofter from Portugal, and i just got my ACR delivered today.

I bought it online from a store located in Italy on the 9th, and got it today.

So far i haven´t tested its stock performance, but since i've (patiently) read all 108 pages, i'm assuming i have a firm grasp on the pros and cons of this platform.

Build and material wise, this is like nothing i have ever seen. The whole AEG feels like a solid block, with expected (minimal) flex on the handguard and such. I immediatly took the barrel apart to check for wobble, and found none. The handguard has a reinforced screwed on block on where the pin intersects it, so i presume it to be a "2nd gen" ACR. I never held an M4 or any modern rifle, so i don't have much in terms of RS reference, but i have played with and taken apart a friend of mine's Glock 19 RS, and the polymer feel and finishing quality on the ACR reminds me of that, as opposed to any Airsoft items i'm used to.

Bought an extra 3 PMAG's on a local store, and although they fit nice and snug, they're a tighter fit than the supplied PMAG, and somewhat diferent in design. No Chris Costa reloads possible here lol!

Also orderd the RIS handguard so i can add the laser sight, flashlight and grip that currently inhabit the rail space on my DBoys SCAR, but i'm still waiting on that one... separate orders.

All in all, it seems to be a very good platform for upgrades in the long run. let's see how it turns out.

BTW, SN 5211 FDE

Thanks for all the info!

Edited by Kossack