MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

The hop-up arm itself is part of the rifle, whereas the hop rubber is part of the barrel assembly. If you pull out the barrel without turning the hop off, there's a chance you could've damaged the nub or some other hop related components.

If you inspect all the hop parts and that isn't the problem, then I'd say a good move next would be to try and find a chrono (next time you skirmish for example) and get a reading, check the gearbox hasn't gone wrong somehow and is only putting out 200 FPS or whatever.

Today i cheked my hop Up Unit inside.Everything is okay there.After did a shooting test again.But the same problem.....the first ten shoots the bbs went down after15 metres and then after 10 ...5....3......2 metres.And in the End they roll out of the barrel.And during that the noise sounds pretty strange .Like no power when i trigger.

Hey everybody!

Well, after a few weeks, my ACR has given me my first problem...

The fire select lever gets stuck on each of the 3 settings, and only moves if i press the lever itself (opposite from rotation axis) against the receiver. It makes this click noise that sounds like it's freeing itself from something and then it works as it should.

In reality, this actually works good for me since this way there's no accidental safety off and such, but should i be concerned? And how do i fix it?

Thanks!

Hey everybody!

Well, after a few weeks, my ACR has given me my first problem...

The fire select lever gets stuck on each of the 3 settings, and only moves if i press the lever itself (opposite from rotation axis) against the receiver. It makes this click noise that sounds like it's freeing itself from something and then it works as it should.

In reality, this actually works good for me since this way there's no accidental safety off and such, but should i be concerned? And how do i fix it?

Thanks!

Had this myself and fixed it. Just take the gear box out and tighten up the allen key screw there on your fire selector switch.

The one you need to push in has just worked itself a little loose.

One thing I will say it make sure to check you have the fire selector plate setup correctly before you put it back together if you haven't took it apart before!

Well I went window shopping and managed to pick up two things..

1. RIS handguard (very nice)...

2. 11.5" CQB barrel..

Now I have a wee concern re the 11.5" barrel. I noticed that when I lock the CQB barrel into the receiver, the locking handle only rotates to the 4pm position. I think it locks after 3 clicks. It's very tight though. My original barrel locked at the 6pm position and locked after 6 clicks (centred with the gun).

Is this normal for the CQB barrel? Does it matter at what position the barrel locks in? The hop is straight though, so I think it should not be a problem?

A question re the RIS, what size batteries are folks using?

Here's a piccy...

6334424617_4cf75743c5.jpg

Edited by TK4235

A question re the RIS, what size batteries are folks using?

Well, so far i've managed to fit these 2 LiPo's:

Main Battery 100x35x7mm http://www.combatevirtual.com/es/lipo/1219-hot-power-lipo-74v-1600mah-15c.html

Backup Battery 120x23x8mm http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/firefox-7-4v-1200mah-20c-split-pack-lipo.html

Anything bigger than those won't fit, and will press too much against the barrel so i opted for smaller, less powerful batteries.

It's really tight inside that RIS, and one advice i can give you is that you should remove the wire wrench lever from the barrel, it will give much more room to fiddle with, but it's still very much claustrophobic in there. The lever comes off really easy and no damage is done to any part by doing so. I always carry the lever with me on my vest's utility pouch, along with the backup battery and the tester, so i'll be ready for any scenario/malfunction.

Edited by Kossack

Hi Kossack

I've just ordered 2 slim lipos similar to your main battery dimensions (so good news there) and they only cost me £23.50 delivered :)

I'm more concerned about the fitting of my CQB barrel... it's very tight on 3 clicks as shown in my piccy above... Can anyone who has a CQB barrel comment please... ta

Come to think of it, It seems as if the CQB barrels have been redesigned slightly so that they only need a few clicks to lock in... this now makes sense as I know earlier models suffered from barrel wobble (page 41'ish of this thread) and spacers were supplied to lock the barrel in with less clicks... (just a hunch)...

• 2 weeks later...

I know owners of the masada have been worried about the figure 8 nub. The Toothpick did not help me but I found another use for it. I made a replacement for us. Works great!! Feel free to check it out, I made this post and thought about starting another here with the same info.

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37564

Let me know if it will help, and I'll post it up on here also

That is straight up swag.

If anyone wants good picks of the Wii Tech stuff and the stock stuff go here.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Magpul-Masada-t212295.html

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Magpul-Masada-t211270.html&hl=masada

For info, I tried another CQB barrel and it was the same as before, so it seems the new ones may have been re-tooled so that they lock for quickly... :)

Still love my Masada... so diffferent from an M4 and it just looks the meat! :)

BTW, with the hop functioning optimally, the range on this baby is awesome.....

Come to think of it, It seems as if the CQB barrels have been redesigned slightly so that they only need a few clicks to lock in... this now makes sense as I know earlier models suffered from barrel wobble (page 41'ish of this thread) and spacers were supplied to lock the barrel in with less clicks... (just a hunch)...

I want to kill this rumour once and for all...there wasn't a barrel wobble issue. It happened to -one- person (and he's a friend of mine). I've talked to eHobby and a Magpul PTS rep and that was an isolated case. It's really a case of someone creating a mountain out of a molehill. Sadly with internet forums if one person were to yell loud enough, it causes widespread panic.

Having said that, the ACR had other issues...burnt trigger (go search in AirsoftMechanics about it), selector occasionally needs to be flipped back-n-forth between semi and full, and lousy bucking (which is easily replaced).

I want to kill this rumour once and for all...there wasn't a barrel wobble issue. It happened to -one- person (and he's a friend of mine). I've talked to eHobby and a Magpul PTS rep and that was an isolated case. It's really a case of someone creating a mountain out of a molehill. Sadly with internet forums if one person were to yell loud enough, it causes widespread panic.

What's that saying, if it's on the Internet it must be true... :D

Edited by TK4235

I hope the experts can chime in. I have a few issues with my Masada ACR:

1. The FPS suddenly dropped from about 400 to 360. After approximately 1000 shots. Could it be the spring breaking in?

2. Could be the cause of #1: the hopup housing (the part which is inside the upper, not on the barrel) is extremely wobbly when I remove the barrel and then detach upper from the lower. Is it supposed to be like that? If not -- how is it fixed inside and how can I tighten it and/or remove it for inspection?

3. Hopup setting (even the highest one) seems to have no effect on the trajectory. I've changed the bucking to PDI W bucking, still no hop. I can see the nub lowering inside the housing when I rotate the hop wheel, but I guess it's either not reaching down enough or not working because of issue #2.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just picked up a used ACR with high speed gears and am loving it. Previous owner had a Guarder bucking/Madbull ultimate 6.01 363mm and I believe an old sp110. I dropped in a Systema bucking/Prommy 6.03 (only 300mm no less) and it shot significantly better. I was drilling WE-tech .28g's into suckers all weekend, LOTS of fun, I love this gun! Of course I want to get the most out of it but with a higher priority on consistency and reliability...I don't need 400fps and 30rps.

I do have the same questions about hopup that sn00py answered with "Guarder clear/soft 50 bucking" but I'd like to know WHY that guarder bucking solves the issue of the hop up having barely any effect. I have read many many reviews of the Masada but the only clues I ever found about hopup were in forum threads...and those were packed with the usual anecdotal/hearsay evidence. Trust me I have tried to do the research...Sn00py can you point me in the direction of a review that explains this?

Why does the Guarder clear/soft 50 one have more effect on the guarder bucking from the previous owner and my systema? A lot of people recommend the PDI W Hold bucking, what do you think of that?

And finally, it seems that a new nozzle will help a lot, and I read that the Wii Tech nozzle is good, but the hop up chamber is useless. Can anyone recommend a chamber that is good, or should I not even bother replacing it? I ask because I have my Masada detail-stripped and if I'm gonna replace the hop up chamber, I want to do it now, because I am NEVER punching out those RIDICULOUS rollpins ever again!! :wacko:

Edited by yellowjournalism