MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

If you are planning on trying to install it into a PTS ACR, you might have some problems with modding the gearbox or lower receiver, due to the motor cage on the gearbox, either modification would be very difficult. Additionally if you are planning on dremelling any part of the upper receiver, plan on going through a lot of bits.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of a project but i'm still in doubt if it can actually be done.

I want to make a TM scar/masada hybrid. So dropping the scar gb and hop into the masada (with probably some dremel work)

As i currently own neither (i used to own the a&k masada) i was just wondering if the recievers, upper/lower would offer enough

room for the scar GB and hop up (with some dremel work) or would there never ever be enough room?

Looking forward to your input.

Grt

a TM gearbox (v2) would be a step down from the PTS gearbox (v2/3)

It's a shame PTS declared that they had no plans on doing an electric blowback, which is a shame since a certain professional firearms instructor said that he preferred the electronic versions (specifically TM) compared to GBBR for professional cross training.

I heard somewhere at Shotshow that they would be separate items, although things such as that are subject to change.

Seems like you were right. The PRS2 sniper stock is about to be released. It's up on the PTS site (kind of) and a couple of HK stores are beginning to advertise it. Appears to come in the black and the tan.

Looks like the longer handguard and the longer barrel will trickle out in the second half of the year.

Seems like you were right. The PRS2 sniper stock is about to be released. It's up on the PTS site (kind of) and a couple of HK stores are beginning to advertise it. Appears to come in the black and the tan.

Looks like the longer handguard and the longer barrel will trickle out in the second half of the year.

which stores are advertising? my google-fu has been weak lately
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I just have 2 issues with this gun and I don't know what to do/replace.

1. When this gun is on semi-auto, the gun sometimes fires a slower version of full-auto. Could this happen because I replaced the piston recently, or because the micro-trigger isn't at the right place?

2. The gun has a slight feeding problem, could it be the bucking? Could I replace it with this

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=421

Got my PRS today. Definitely solid piece of hardware. adjustment knobs for cheek rest and butt plate won't be moving accidentally. Only issue so far is that there are a couple small gaps along the seam on the bottom and QD mount doesn't like my mil-spec QD.

Very heavy, solid, three sling mount options. Wish it had a monopod. ACOG is a temp, M3 Leupold replica is on way. Magnified optics are a limited selection in Korea, working on getting a 1-4x scope in somehow though. Very cool, can't wait for the barrel and longer handguard come out. Looking forward to field testing it. Suppressor is hiding the 6.01 tightbore sticking out of the flash hider by a few inches

photo_1_4_2.JPG

photo_2_3_.JPG

• Like 1

The 18" barrel is out now! The longer handguard cannot be far behind.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/24202/s/magpul-pts-masada-18inch-barrel-set-rifle-length/

EDIT: like the next page:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/24195/s/magpul-pts-masada-long-hand-guard-black/

Edited by mimesis

Here's another attempt to prevent the infamous gearbox shell of the PTS ACR from cracking. It’s basically composed of aluminum and epoxy putty. And I know that epoxies are brittle but until I can find a big chunk of aluminum; I will have to settle for this in the mean time.

Oh and forget about that carbon fiber thing. It’s totally useless. Hehehe…

Any thoughts?

post-69911-0-80591600-1341973922_thumb.jpg

Edited by snake_pliskin

it looks good but isn't that be feeder plastic? If so the vibration carried through might weaken that part first; also if the base of the GB is braced the vibration from the impact of the piston will travel upwards toward the other end of the shell. I would most definitely, if not already done, radius the corners and sorbo with AEO corrected.

I don't mean to bash your idea, it looks good and only time will tell. from what I've seen the best way to not crack these is to sorbo, radius, correct AOE, get a near perfect air seal, and don't put a crazy spring in running 500fps and expect it to last forever.

Edited by Seraph01

yes, that feeder has quite huge round base on the bottom part, so the stress is absorb by that not the feeder tube. the shell has radius corners already but no sorbo. IMO, sorbo pad will just eventually fail and a catastrophic chain reaction will follow, not to mention a slight lost of FPS. Well, that just me anyway. :-) No change on the AOE needed in my case. also, after a little bit of sanding on the tappet plate, i now have almost perfect seal between the nozzle and the hop assembly.

no harm done dude and I appreciate your comment. same here, i have no plans of installing spring more than 130. that is just too much for me.

Edited by snake_pliskin

SPR parts, finally! Awesome! I just wonder if they will make SPR version AEG, so you can have SPR from the package. That would be great, because I won't have to waste my money on the solid stock and standard (non real) handguard of the basic version...

It just looks sooooo nice!!!

I can't wait to save up enough to get the parts to convert my Masada with all the PRS2 trimmings:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-masada-18inch-barrel-set-rifle-length.html $145

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-prs-2-stock-for-masada-black.html $138

Just need the long handguard...

Found it: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-masada-long-hand-guard-black.html $32

Edited by Deadmeat