MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Was wondering if anyone ever ran into this problem. The piston of course broke on my stock gearbox so i went ahead and replaced it with this (everything is left stock):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181047049415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

However, when i fire the gun, it struggles to fire and the battery, wire and motor starts to heat up. Eventually the gun would slow to a halt and stop firing. Anyone know what the problem might be?

in my case, im utilizing Prometheus Hard Piston for Max Torque and I had to file down, both sides, the part of the piston that sits on the gearbox piston rails and made it a little bit wider. I had the same experience with VFC SCAR and the Beta Project Tactical AK.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Ive got a Guarder Therm Polycarb (grey) in mine with no modifications.

I put a SHS Polycarb in my brothers no problems or mods.

Element Polycar clear works great with no mods

Ive had a SHS super shooter, full metal tooth that didn't work, teeth rubbed the gearbox and filed down the guide rails, but still had to remove.

Systema Polycarb RED doesn't fit because it's octagonal in shape and all points rubbed on the gearbox.  It would take extensive modification to work correctly.

• 1 month later...

I may be picking up one of these via a trade fairly quickly and haven't had time to read through the whole thread :(

Would someone mind doing a quick one minute overview on what parts need to be replaced on this gun? I believe the version I will be getting is an SV. I know about the difference in polymer and am ok with that. Also understand many recommend switching out the hop rubber to something better. Besides that, is there anything that would fall apart in the near-term?

Air nozzle does not seal great, make sure to shim (as always), turn off the hop up when you swap barrels.

The FET and electrical components are a tad iffy because of the lame microswitch.

Don't run the gun in a very stressful setup or your GB shell will explode..

Air nozzle does not seal great, make sure to shim (as always), turn off the hop up when you swap barrels.

The FET and electrical components are a tad iffy because of the lame microswitch.

Don't run the gun in a very stressful setup or your GB shell will explode..

apparently the cylinder head, piston, nozzle and gears have all been changed, its running at 1.4J and ~28rps. Not sure if the current owner put in a fet though so am a bit worried about the microswitch..

• 3 weeks later...

The gearbox doesn't crack any easier than another shell. They are not made for 500FPS after all.

the microswitch is not horrible, just don't use batteries with ridiculous power. 7.4v 15c is more than enough.

Change it when they break, again most part break due to the use of a too powerful battery.

Do install a WII tech hop up unit. don't know about the SV versions. but I believe that hop up unit is still the same in function.

for a mere 125€ (including shipping you can get a CNC gearbox from Aztec airsoft.