MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

"Mock-Up Picture, NOT actual product in DE color."

Also- Foliage is sold out on eHobby

Edited by BrooklynBorn

now I just need to keep checking redwolf constantly so I can grab a preorder asap. I wonder if foliage sold out on ehobby because it's more popular than they expected or if it just shipped in lower numbers.

I'm going to guess the latter. I can only see a relatively small demographic for FG.

OT content

You are once again drifting far into off topic territory. Please keep this on topic. No one knows conclusively anything about the internals on this gun. So to try and compare it to another product in terms of performance is EXTREMELY PREMATURE and wastes forum space. <_<

Production Model Update!

Ok chaps to add some more fuel for the fire of the endless speculation on here, here are a few more pictures! I’ve been sitting on these for a while now – they show a final production model of the Masada (00003).

You’ll notice a few differences in it – firstly the gearbox shell and markings, the shell being black with ‘PTS’ markings along with other parts looking far more shiny and refined. Secondly with these better pictures you’ll be able to see some of the very nice detail, markings and finish of the externals up close and personal. Also I’ve included a few pictures of the standard foregrip.

Just to confirm a few things for people – this is the standard off the shelf set-up – 14’ barrel, fixed stock, standard foregrip; also a MBUIS and P-Mag will be included. For the UK forum members, you guys will have to wait an extra week or two after the rest of the world due to the UK spec Masada being made in a difference batch to the rest of the world (RoHS compliant, 330FPS and all legit UK ones will have a mark or hologram from the importer).

A few things that jumped out at me from this again was how solid and refined the finished thing felt, the operation was the same – still smooth and snappy and overall feeling very balanced. You’ve all heard me waffling on about the Masada’s pro’s in game and the quality of the parts and quick take down features, and this finished model confirms my thoughts on it really!

masadapromod011.jpg

masadapromod003.jpg

masadapromod004.jpg

masadapromod002.jpg

masadapromod005.jpg

masadapromod006.jpg

masadapromod001.jpg

masadapromod013.jpg

masadapromod007.jpg

masadapromod008.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks good, :)

I like the magpul logo's in the grip like the real MIADs etc,

The gearbox appears to be the same as the older one only with a logo and a lick of paint.

what do ya think of the gearbox itself? does it still have the screws in it, visible through the magwell? does it still have a microswitch? do the internals looks decent?

cheers, :)

Looks good, :)

I like the magpul logo's in the grip like the real MIADs etc,

The gearbox appears to be the same as the older one only with a logo and a lick of paint.

what do ya think of the gearbox itself? does it still have the screws in it, visible through the magwell? does it still have a microswitch? do the internals looks decent?

cheers, :)

Hi mate,

yer it's still accessed via the screws in the magwell and bottom of the grip, it's still micro switch aswell. Again my hands were tied and I wasn't able to take this one to bits :( so can't comment on the individual internal parts, from what you can see via the outside of the box though it all looks good - the actual casing is very nice and looks/feels very good quality, still looked like a plastic spring guide which is prehaps a little dissappointing for a modern 'fully upgraded' AEG (plastic spring guides are a pet peeve of mine), but that said it wasn't like a standard hollow spring guide so I doubt it'll break anytime soon. The likes of the cylinder, nossle, spring, wiring etc all seem to a very good standard, and prehaps reassuringly for those that have to take apart and customise/upgrade everything, I think these are the perfect platform for it as they seem solid, simple and well made internally. Further to that I imagine that plenty of companies will be making specific aftermarket parts, in a similar fashion to the TM EBB M4, and Magpul will offer a full range of spare hardware to fix any breaks/wear that occurs.

Any ideas about different eta between airsoftgi.com (October) and HK stores (August) ?

Will they finally release the ACR first in HK?? I thought I had read otherwise...

Oh..to the guy who advised yesterday was the great day...YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

Any ideas about different eta between airsoftgi.com (October) and HK stores (August) ?

Will they finally release the ACR first in HK?? I thought I had read otherwise...

UK Delivery will be after the HK launch. Uk delivery will be September as it is also delayed as it is coming via sea freight! wink.gif

As I posted above, Airsoft Outlet NW is projecting late September/early October. I think ASGI's ETA of very late October is overly pessimistic, and perhaps designed to pre-empt recriminations if the delivery date gets pushed back yet again.

Thanks for the info scuffer., :)

Do you know if the cylinder is a full bore Type-0 jobbie? or is there a vent that cant be seen in those pics? seems like a bit of a short barrel for that kinda cylinder, although maybe that did that so people can stick in QD longer barrels without having the change the cylinder aswell.

Thanks for the info scuffer., smile.gif

Do you know if the cylinder is a full bore Type-0 jobbie? or is there a vent that cant be seen in those pics? seems like a bit of a short barrel for that kinda cylinder, although maybe that did that so people can stick in QD longer barrels without having the change the cylinder aswell.

There is no vent in the cylinder !!

Thanks for posting that Scuffer. Price is looking a little high for me though. I was hoping it would be closer to the £300-350 mark then £400. I agree it is nice but its not £400 nice, especially when you consider you could pick up a very tasty G&P for that + extras.

If you order it from eHobbyAsia, you'll pay £350 with shipping.

I've never had to pay any extra cost on orders from eHA, but they've all been relatively small.

really? the charged my friend up the *albatross* for a Spas12,(80 bucks) \

also does it look like the frontt sight was adjustable/removeable on the Masada?

Edited by SuperKingBigNuts

really? the charged my friend up the *albatross* for a Spas12,(80 bucks) \

also does it look like the frontt sight was adjustable/removeable on the Masada?

The frontsight is integrated into the top rail, rather like the URX design. When it's down it's just the front part of the top rail.