MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Where'd you buy it from?

I got it from eHobby. The front sight thing isn't even really a "thing". I think it's just like that because the tension of the spring. It's minute, at worst.

I also gotta say, this rifle probably shoulders better than any I've ever held. I'm super impressed.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

But on the contrary, this gun has this really unique/cool 'pop' sound when it's fired. It'll definitely be unique on the field.

Anyway, just my 2 cents

That's probably due to the empty space in the top reciever, my scar makes a great noise too because of it, the echo in the metal shell that is.

Ok, thanks that's good to know. I wonder if the barrel locking handle can be cut down to allow for a larger battery. Although I wouldn't expect anyone to do this to such a new gun, it would be interesting to know if it's possible. I'm still saving for mine so I can't look at one myself yet :P

Why not just use a LiPo? Surely there's enough space for a good sized 7.4v which will easily match a 9.6v nimh performance wise. First thing I'll do when I grab mine is solder on a deans connector and slap a LiPo in :D

Edited by Apocalypsemeow

#3, my orange flash hider will NOT come off. They put on a cheap plastic orange one, and included a black birdcage flash hider, but I can't for the life of me get the plastic one off. I don't see any small hex screws holding it in or anything. Maybe i'll try and melt it off or something.

I got one with a black flash hider (orange ones not required in Sweden surprisingly enough), and when I tried to unscrew it, just for the fun of it, it came off easily. Instead I took the opportunity to tighten it a bit. (luckily it came around one extra turn, so that I could have it positioned right.)

My front sight is as flush with the rail as possible. But I find it a bit strange that the flip up release isnt spring loaded, so that when yopu press the sight down again, it locks automatically, like the MBUS rear sight. I don´t know how the real steel works so..

Good luck with your flash hider.

My front sight is as flush with the rail as possible. But I find it a bit strange that the flip up release isnt spring loaded, so that when yopu press the sight down again, it locks automatically, like the MBUS rear sight. I don´t know how the real steel works so..

This is pure speculation, but maybe it's designed so that it can't be locked down accidentally, by a branch for example.

I'm so excited, got this in my inbox from Dingodogs:

Hi, We have reserved a Masada in dark earth for you. Can you please provide us with a contact telephone number so we can arrange for payment once the shipment arrives!

Now it's just a matter of waiting until it arrives on the container ship, can't wait :D

Edited by Apocalypsemeow

I'd also like to know this, and if anyone could rip the contents of the CD and upload them?

Thanks

Also, here's another unboxing video. Apparently it includes a matching MOE foregrip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7yTweBvvkA

I'm Actually The Guy Unboxing From The Video.

The CD Contains:

Magpul Wallpapers For Iphones

Magpul Dynamic Trailers

PDF Manual For The Masada

*$*%* #($( @& !$!%@ uuggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'M TOO POOR FOR THIS, USMC!

For the first time I was actually looking forward to PTS taking some time before the release of the accessories so I could save up dough. *sigh* Looks like I'll be working some doubles. That 7.62 lower is just too sexy to pass up.

if i save up 5 hundred my parents would pay the rest :)just gotta love being a kid(14)

and if your thight on cash,just use some

KA Ak style MidCaps,evike sells pack of 5

She finally came in this morning. Sorry for the crappy photobcd1a58c.jpg

not really crappy,it nice both the gun and the picture tongue.gif,but think it would look good with a docter sight? Edited by SuperKingBigNuts

Hmm i think i will have to buy both versions unless they release the FDE/Black parts on the the own, as i want a Two tone version :D

Buy the FDE and buy real Bushy/Remington parts for it (since the real one doesn't have an FDE color, tis that weird coyote/mustard brown thing), if you check bushmaster, they have the stocks and forends for sale on their website, and I think the stock should fit with minimal mods, the forend *might* fit, but I doubt it at the real one doesn't have the built in sight.

post-60632-12821722683486_thumb.jpg

Magpul Masada ACR #576 in Black received! (oh and yes thats its full name)

Thanks Redwolf!

Gun is immaculate.. I will be doing a full review of the black version soon on our website, this is not a demo model this is bought from retail. Pix will come up soon I just need to find a non-dark background.

Manual lists 11.5" AK, and 10.5" CQB Barrels, Aluminum RIS foregrip, and AK Style Lower Receiver as well as a side-fold expendable stock as accessories.

I also have successfully fit a G&P 1200mah 20C LiPO battery in the foregrip (stick kind) with no problems at all.

I have run a PMAG worth of BBs through it on semi and full and the gun shoots very well. Flip Sights are crisp up and down, no wobbles at all in my gun and the barrel was not overly dirty.

Edited by WarriorSoul

One interesting thing now that I am up to 1k rounds through it I noticed is that on full-auto tapping the trigger fires 3 rounds (occasionally 2 or 4) which is pretty cool. Trigger response is VERY good.

The plastic flash hider is glued on, I still need to heat/freeze it off... the black one that came with it has no grub screw which is kinda interesting... I will probably put an aftermarket flash-hider on it anyhow but just thought I would mention it.

Now I have a 20C lipo in it.. not sure if that is making a difference but its ROF is pretty high (not that I am an ROF guy) and somewhat intimidating.

Edited by WarriorSoul

So for those of you who have these or have handled these... and have handled the A&K, how do you feel the two compare? Worth the money? Almost a year ago people were crying bloody murder, that these were over priced and that no one would buy them. Admittedly, $450 isn't cheap. And yet they are consistently getting sold out. I'm curious how people feel almost a year later.

Regarding the accessories ... we will be seeing them in the coming weeks. Firstly the folding stock then others.

Ive held the A&K but didn't own it. Quality is top notch on mine at least.. and all the additions like electronic trigger, easy spring change, quick replace body and barrels... its all where AEGs are going... this is the revolutionary design that a lot of other manufactures will copy. You already see ARES with their new M4A1 adding electronic trigger and quick change spring. I am sure other major brands will follow suit.

I think we will probably enter a new age of more modular guns, instead of Echo or CA or whoever making 25 different M4 variants they could make one master design and have modular front sets, stocks, and receivers... if you think about it from both the manufacturer and the retailer level it makes sense, fewer SKUs, lower manufacturing costs.

With so many aftermarket parts out there the gun makers are losing money because when people want a change they just mod their gun instead of buying a new one. But with a modular design, one platform lets them sell all the mods themselves. I would expect every major AEG maker to make a "platform" gun like this in 2011.

I

I think we will probably enter a new age of more modular guns, instead of Echo or CA or whoever making 25 different M4 variants they could make one master design and have modular front sets, stocks, and receivers... if you think about it from both the manufacturer and the retailer level it makes sense, fewer SKUs, lower manufacturing costs.

With so many aftermarket parts out there the gun makers are losing money because when people want a change they just mod their gun instead of buying a new one. But with a modular design, one platform lets them sell all the mods themselves. I would expect every major AEG maker to make a "platform" gun like this in 2011.

Err I don't get the logic here, M16 variants are already pretty much just undo some pins and swap, this isn't that big of a change, especially in the aftermarket part department as most of the aftermarket parts come from those same companies that make the rifles (it's actually cheaper to buy a "pre" made M16 to your taste, than build one from parts). Making 20 different m16 variants never made sense in the first place, I fail to see how this would be changing any of the current manufacturing schemes.

Edited by frogfish