MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Ordered mine. And I dont even have the rifle yet lol. But god that was expensive at $90+ for juts one accessory, hopefully everything else will be cheaper.

Edited by CStahl
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

lol, Lets be realistic here, If you don't get that its made by Ares by now, then not even Mr Ares knocking on your front door is going to convince you. :P

It sounds like you are more into the aesthetics of it anyway, so it makes no difference who makes it really from your perspective, as your already prepared to crack it open.

For a lot of other people though, knowing who makes it helps them decide if they'll risk dropping so much money as they can judge it by the previous efforts of that manufacturer, and in this case at least, that would be bang on the money, considering its suffering from the same problems you'll find in some of Ares other AEGs.

@ anyone with a black ACR, is your upper receiver anodised? I was expecting them to have a nice anodised finish on both, but the tan one at least has a painted finish and the upper RIS rail has that blunt edged feel to it like say a Dboys M4, instead of that quality razor sharp machining on something like a KWA Defender M4.

I'm still not sold that it's made by Ares, it's damn similar but that could be for a number of reasons though as stated before. It did make me wary though as I'm not an Ares fan so even the similarities bother me a bit, no matter who made the thing it still as the Ares design in parts.

Irrespective of who made it, it is still cosmetically the best Masada ACR rif we can get and for myself and others that makes it worthwhile even if you have to replace a bunch of stuff out the box. If I wanted a gun on reliability alone I'd get a G&P M4 or something, but I don't want one I want a Masada :) Not the most economical but it's not like there is another option if you really must have one and don't like the A&K version.

I'll hold judgement until I have mine but the looks are spot on, the insides can be changed and that's enough for me to pre-order :)

Although I'd love it if I don't have to open the damn thing ever and it just works like a dream :P

When my ACR was stock, it dried fire fine. But I like tinkering anyway so I've changed to RiotSC 13:1 gears, Planet AE1000+ motor, and added an AWS Scorpion (x445) to it.

Although my cylinder to cylinder head fit is snug, and my clynder doesn't move back 'n forth, I do have a compression leak doing a compression test. the leak is between the cylinder head and loading nozzle. There is no leak between the cylinder and cylinder head. I may try greasing the loading nozzle a little more.

No switch issues too...and after dismantling and re-assembling, never had and still don't have any selector gear sync issues. As for wires blocking the mag catch/release, I had to route the Scorpion wires carefully. When it was stock, I didn't have any problems with the wire routing.

lol, Lets be realistic here, If you don't get that its made by Ares by now, then not even Mr Ares knocking on your front door is going to convince you. :P

It sounds like you are more into the aesthetics of it anyway, so it makes no difference who makes it really from your perspective, as your already prepared to crack it open.

For a lot of other people though, knowing who makes it helps them decide if they'll risk dropping so much money as they can judge it by the previous efforts of that manufacturer, and in this case at least, that would be bang on the money, considering its suffering from the same problems you'll find in some of Ares other AEGs.

@ anyone with a black ACR, is your upper receiver anodised? I was expecting them to have a nice anodised finish on both, but the tan one at least has a painted finish and the upper RIS rail has that blunt edged feel to it like say a Dboys M4, instead of that quality razor sharp machining on something like a KWA Defender M4.

Hehe true true, to be honest you are right, I'm more interested in the looks so I'm not bothered who makes it and I'm not knowledgeable enough to call it Ares just by looking at pictures, although the general consensus from most is that it's Ares.

I see where you are coming from and that's obviously a big turn off for a lot of people considering the price but like you said for me and others it's the aesthetics that we are willing to pay for. If this was a SCAR I wouldn't even look twice at it after hearing a mention of Ares though :P

beretta, are you saying that you want razor sharp edges on the RIS? lol

lol, well i didn't mean literally razor sharp, I mean i like a rail that looks well machined, like there supposed to look. like for instance this KWA or an SRC gun.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/3914028648_d33d7ca0f0_z.jpg

Its not the end of the world though, but for all the claims and hype surrounding this gun, the quality doesn't live up to what it was made out to be.

• Like 1

I'm less worried about the quality of parts (as I'm replacing piston/head, spring, and eventually gears & motor anyhow), but more worried about quality control, for example, missing parts on barrel assemblies, and wiring getting in the way of mechanical items like the selector switch, etc...

As long as the gears aren't "pot metal" I"m not worried about replacing them too fast.

I would lie to know about the cylinder/head, so I can replace that as/when needed.

QUESTION:

Someone told me to get a torque motor. How will that affect speed (lowing it?).

I want to get this to be a rather high ROF gun, keeping it to about 400fps (more or less).

SO far I plan on using a M120 spring, polycarb piston, aluminum head (which now I'm second guessing withoug changing up the cylinder head).

What else do I need for some speed?

Also, someone told me that the Bravo "silent" piston head I get is doomed unless I get a silent cylinder head as well.

Is this truth, or fear mongering?

Torque motors actually increase ROF a bit for lower springs like an M120 - they really shine only on heavier springs (M140/M150). A lipo battery is probably the best method to get a higher ROF.

Yes, with silent piston heads you need a "silent" cylinder head as well.

S/N MPTS01300 :D

Very happy with the gun. Going to leave the internals alone until it becomes an issue except for deans. Running a 9.6, hopefully it lasts a while. Was disappointed in the amount of play in the hand guard but after some tinkering found a very simple solution to make it rock solid. Electrical tape. Just put a very thin piece at the end of the pin holding the hand guard in at the wobble is gone. Hope this helps those who had the same issue.

Ok...have had my Magpul masada for about a week now and have to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

First off I've been waiting for this gun for awhile, I wanted to wait for the actual Magpul version and not "settle" (and i mean that in the nicest way possible) for the A&K or G&P versions. I received mine the Monday after Labor day from the fine folks at Airsoft Outlet NW. They packed and shipped my gun the day I bought it...very fast service.

The gun performed and looked excellent out of the box but then I started to run into issues...

My hi-cap Magpul-licensed King Arms P-Mags did not fit...they are just a little too thick on the top so the mag catch cannot close as needed. Oh well, no big deal.

I fired a few rounds on semi from the included mid-cap mag and loved the feel of the trigger and the fast response on a 9.6v. However, when I tried full auto the gun jammed after 2-3 rounds. The hop-up bucking was pushed into the barrel causing the BBs to jam. Thankfully this was an easy fix with the quick-change barrel but I started to get concerned. I tried a few more mags thinking perhaps it was a feeding issue. Since the mag that came with the gun was the only mid-cap I had I turned to my high-caps. Same results...on an Echo 1, King Arms and G&G hi-cap semi was fine but auto caused the bucking to jam in the barrel. I experimented with a Systema, Madbull and KWA bucking but all had the same issue. All firing was done with Madbull .25 BBs. Now I'm getting concerned...

After my firing tests I noticed the fire select felt stiff. in fact, it locked up completely on the left side and only worked on the right if I used force and "jimmied" it some.

Are these all issues I can fix myself? Absolutley. However, I expect more from a $450+ gun with only 300-400 rounds fired through it. I own a KWA M4A1 and a G&G G2010L and have had 0 issues with them.

I'm waiting on my RMA now...thankfully both Airsoft Outlet NW and Spartan Imports stand behind what they sell so hopefully it will be an easy fix or replacement. I love the look and feel of the gun but now I'm starting to get concerned about the internals. If I just purchased a $500 project gun I think I would have been happier with the A&K.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Armory -

x2 CYMA .030

JG G36K w/JBU 6.03 barrel and Systema Energy internal upgrades

JG AUG A3 w/JBU 6.03 barrel, G&P Hop-up and Systema Energy internal upgrades

Echo 1 M4 Platinum with Magpul trigger guard, Magpul CTR battery stock, Magpul MOE grip, Madbull 6.03 barrel, UTG Free-float rail system and Echo 1 M203 launcher

KWA M4A1 with Magpul PTS CTR stock and MOE handguard

G&G G2010L with Madbull 509mm 6.03 barrel and JBU silencer

Magpul Masada with KWA 2G hop-up bucking

Edited by mrwcmpsol

S/N MPTS01300 :DVery happy with the gun. Going to leave the internals alone until it becomes an issue except for deans. Running a 9.6, hopefully it lasts a while. Was disappointed in the amount of play in the hand guard but after some tinkering found a very simple solution to make it rock solid. Electrical tape. Just put a very thin piece at the end of the pin holding the hand guard in at the wobble is gone. Hope this helps those who had the same issue.

Mind testing your MASADA with an Multi-Meter after you wire it to deans mine is 100% stock and read as only .4 Ohm, for comparison my re-wired (deans and better wires than the *suitcasey* stock wiring) JG416 is .8 Ohm.

had the same problem with hicap mags, i just shaved a little off the top. now it feeds flawlessly with an 11.1 20c lipo.

upgraded mine with pdi 190 and Ti piston initially shot 450fps dropped to 420 the next day (nozzle leak?)

my only problem with it is the groupings/accuracy. even with an aftermarket bucking there are still flyers (left and right) and hop adjustment is a bit finicky, could a TBB fix this or is it a problem with the fixed hop nub?

overall i'm happy with my purchase, very solid, zero wobble got S/N MPTS00438 oh and mine doesn't have "made in hong kong" markings (?)

had the same problem with hicap mags, i just shaved a little off the top. now it feeds flawlessly with an 11.1 20c lipo.

upgraded mine with pdi 190 and Ti piston initially shot 450fps dropped to 420 the next day (nozzle leak?)

my only problem with it is the groupings/accuracy. even with an aftermarket bucking there are still flyers (left and right) and hop adjustment is a bit finicky, could a TBB fix this or is it a problem with the fixed hop nub?

overall i'm happy with my purchase, very solid, zero wobble got S/N MPTS00438 oh and mine doesn't have "made in hong kong" markings (?)

Clean your barrel if it shoots left/right/straight. Use .28g BBs or heavier.

Where does it say "made in hong kong" on the gun? :P

Update: Noticed my barrel is also missing the two washers but have not noticed any wobble or issues with it, this after taking the barrel on and off about 10 times. But due to the missing washers I'm going to hold off on deans until the warranty is up. I did however install a KWA 2G bucking and did a through cleaning. Found that with the KWA 2G bucking the hop up was no where near enough for .25 bbs. Que the electric tape again! I placed a very small strip of electric tape (that was three strips thick) onto the bucking where the nub comes in contact with it and completely solved to the point where I had extra turn on the hop up dial for and even more back spin affect if applied. Hopefully it lasts...

Edited by BlackHawk125

Update: Noticed my barrel is also missing the two washers but have not noticed any wobble or issues with it, this after taking the barrel on and off about 10 times. But due to the missing washers I'm going to hold off on deans until the warranty is up. I did however install a KWA 2G bucking and did a through cleaning. Found that with the KWA 2G bucking the hop up was no where near enough for .25 bbs. Que the electric tape again! I placed a very small strip of electric tape (that was three strips thick) onto the bucking where the nub comes in contact with it and completely solved to the point where I had extra turn on the hop up dial for and even more back spin affect if applied. Hopefully it lasts...

Stock hop bucking yields higher FPS than the KWA 2G hop bucking. I have tried that hop bucking in my MASADA and lost velocity. I cant exactly remember by how much but it was considerable....close if not more than 20 FPS with the hop set for .20g BBs.

Stock hop bucking yields higher FPS than the KWA 2G hop bucking. I have tried that hop bucking in my MASADA and lost velocity. I cant exactly remember by how much but it was considerable....close if not more than 20 FPS with the hop set for .20g BBs.

Wow - I didn't think a hop-up bucking would affect FPS that much. Spin yes, FPS... I'm surprised.

I'm thinking I should bring a workbench and all my tools to my field one weekend (as I don't have a chrono).

That way I can test out my gun with different combos of after-market stuff I bought and find the optimal config.

Super not happy with my MASADA today, put battery in, it fires sometimes in semi (cannot hear trigger click when it does not fire), in full auto it fires a 3 to 5 round burst when the lower is in the body out of the body it fires fine in full-auto but still intermitent in semi.

I just can't seem to catch a break with new guns so far.

• Like 1