MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Hi All,

Here is a quick and simple Magpul Masada ACR Registry.

http://www.ginganinga.com/MMAR/

Simply create an account and add your details.

Please read the posting guidelines as well.

Let me know what I can do to improve it (over at the registry).

Also, is there a better place to list this so that it doesn't disappear in a day or two, as I would like as many ACR users to see and use the registry.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Finally received mine. While I didn't get to put it through it's paces yet, this is my finding:

1) Surprisingly light. I knew it would be, but damn.... feather weight.

2) All the externals feel ROCK SOLID. I was worried about the 'hollow' plastic front handguard. but SOLID.

BTW - mine has zero wobble or gap (so far).

3) Barrel: I need to check the pics again, but mine appears not to have any washers either.

But looking closer, I can't even see where they would go. My barrel locks in nice and tight, with little effort on the handle.

4) Front site: I am slightly disappointed that it doesn't seem to be the good MBUS... or am I wrong about that?

5) ROF seems to be darn good, even with a half-dead 8.4v battery. Can't wait to test out with the 9.6v I bought.

(Thanks to Snoopy for the recommendation on the battery).

6) I do find the rifle to be slightly short, so I wish the stock was adjustable.

I'm hoping for other stock options in the future aside from the folding stock (which I don't like).

But worst case scenario, I learn to deal with it.

Though the adjustable cheek-rest is cheesy.

7) While I can't comment on quality (having not shot it much), best hop-up adjustment feel I've seen. Dial turns easily, but stays put.

8) Existing mags (JG hi-caps) fit fine, and seem to feed ok using G&G .20 and .25 bio ammo.

This weekend I'll install:

- Modify reinforced piston

- Systema hop-up bucking

- metal spring guide

- M120 or M135 spring (probably test the M135, but stick to the M120)

- Bravo Aluminum piston head (though I'm worried... 1) will this affect ROF much?, it's supposed to increase FPS, 2)will it shatter the existing cylinder head?)

COMMENTS from experience gun techs desired!

- ASGI 6.03 barrel. (I'm debating leaving the barrel alone as it's already 6.04, and just using the new TBB in my M4).

- Extreme-fire Cheetah MOSFET (darn... gotta find my soldering iron)

I can't wait to hit the field with this.

Also, anyone know what the knob on the gas-tube above the barrel does.

I notice it turns one click in either direction.

Edited by anonimouse9

I'm planning to send an email to Magpul PTS with all of the problems mentioned in this thread. Hopefully they'll make some adjustments to the later productions. I have an ACR on pre-order so i'm not sure what kind of problems i'll have. Hopefully not though.

Edited by war_veteran117

6) I do find the rifle to be slightly short, so I wish the stock was adjustable.

I'm hoping for other stock options in the future aside from the folding stock (which I don't like).

But worst case scenario, I learn to deal with it.

Though the adjustable cheek-rest is cheesy.

I am a bit confused by the above comment. You say the stock is too short for you and that you want something adjustable, but you don't like the adjustable one? What exactly were you hoping for... lol

Also, what do you mean by "the adjustable cheek-rest is cheesy" in the above statement? Are you saying it is not made well?

Also, anyone know what the knob on the gas-tube above the barrel does.

I notice it turns one click in either direction.

It is a decorative prop. On the real ACR, it has an affect, but on the airsoft version it does not do anything.

Edited by Slayer750

Hi All,

Here is a quick and simple Magpul Masada ACR Registry.

http://www.ginganinga.com/MMAR/

Simply create an account and add your details.

Please read the posting guidelines as well.

Let me know what I can do to improve it (over at the registry).

Also, is there a better place to list this so that it doesn't disappear in a day or two, as I would like as many ACR users to see and use the registry.

Thanks.

Great idea tongue.gif

I am a bit confused by the above comment. You say the stock is too short for you and that you want something adjustable, but you don't like the adjustable one? What exactly were you hoping for... lol

Also, what do you mean by "the adjustable cheek-rest is cheesy" in the above statement? Are you saying it is not made well?

[/size]

It is a decorative prop. On the real ACR, it has an affect, but on the airsoft version it does not do anything.

Is the foldable one adjustable? If it is, I didn't realize... and am suddenly much more interested.

As for the cheek rest, it's definitely made well. (All externals of this gun are awesome) I just thought I'd rather see an alternate feature instead of a cheek rest that tilts up just a bit. For the production cost, I'd rather have them include a something like one of the quick release sling loops. But I'm being picky.

Yes the folding stock is Seven position adjustable, can't wait for mine to come in and for my bloody gun to be fixed, going to wait until Friday to give Spartan another call and find out when my trigger parts are coming in, so far I am not impressed with the warranty process here in the states, I hope those abroad are given better service by the local importers than I have been by Spartan.

Yes the folding stock is Seven position adjustable, can't wait for mine to come in and for my bloody gun to be fixed, going to wait until Friday to give Spartan another call and find out when my trigger parts are coming in, so far I am not impressed with the warranty process here in the states, I hope those abroad are given better service by the local importers than I have been by Spartan.

######!!! That means I have to buy it now. UHG, the money I'm pouring into this gun.

Make sure your stock has threads in the single point mount points :P.

Hi guys,

I've been reading through the pages and I am interested in buying this gun. I think I'm getting the black one; will these upgrades fit:

-Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit (the one from redwolf)

-Prometheus EG Barrel 363mm

-Prometheus Torque Gear Set

-Systema Taper Spring M120

-Deep Fire Titanium Piston Half Teeth

-Systema Magnum Short

-Guarder Clear Hop Up Bucking

What do you guys think? Too much? Should I change some things to better fit the gun/make the performance better?

Thanks,

SnowPatrol

Sent mine off to Spartan Imports for repair\replacement today (fingers crossed). Anyone received one back they had to RMA yet? How did it work? Was it repaired or replaced?

I do have to give props to Andrew and Airsoft Outlet NW. They immediatly contacted Spartan for me and worked out the entire RMA.

Has anyone who bought a Magpul had or owed either of the other 2 models..the A&K or G&P? I'm curious how the physically compare side-to-side...

I sternly convinced Spartan to do the repairs at my local dealer due to the shipping costs, but since the claim was put in (Last Friday) and a course of action confirmed (Monday) my gun's repairs are still TBA with no indication other than "some time" from Spartan. I'm keeping a running tally of games I haven't been able to use the gun in or haven't wanted to go to because I won't be able to use it, so far its 2.

• Like 1

This is just rubbish. For the price, it should be plug and play.

I can't believe guys on this thread are saying don't comment on the questionable quality, comment on the fixes.

Ridiculous.

My gun hasn't run through any problems so far and I'm sure there are more owners that can say good things about this gun.

• Like 1

Hey AnakChan, what suppressor are you using with your ACR? Any opinions on it?

MadBull Gemtech G5 Silencer with a MadBull PWS FSC556 Quick Comp (G5 Compatible) (14mm CW).

My opinions about the Suppressor/PWS FSC556 combo? Hmmm...looks good but the FSC556 was a tight fit.

As for my opinions about the ACR specifically, it's great and I didn't have any problems some of these other owners are seeing. Admittedly whilst I might agree Magpul PTS QC has dropped a little with the ACR line, the issues are still in the lower percentile. Wish more happy ACR owners will speak up.

It's easy for unhappy owners to (rightfully) be concerned and voice their opinions, but at the same time, happy owners should speak up - now, to be done objectively, and not unfairly such that it sounds they're defending their investment.

• Like 1

Your response has just a whiff of desperation to it. Yes...some owners have few problems, but the majority seem to be firming up replacement parts lists (some are dressing this up as 'personal preference') before committing.

This isn't a cheap AEG.

http://www.sacairsoft.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,40/page,viewtopic/t,3905/postdays,0/postorder,asc/start,275/

Note that quite a few of my builds (that I had taken time to list down parts on ) has Systema Gears, TM Piston, EG1000 motor on it. The M4's were all TM based. Some of them are the same...just that I dressed em up differently. Some of the posts are from 2007. Those are just some of the guns I built that follow what you call "personal preference". In my case...it really is.

But yeah, you're right. At the price they're asking you to pay, it should be plug and play and be free of issues.

Marui's are plug and play and are virtually free of issues...so long as you stick with what they recommend. Stick an 11.1v li-po in their guns and it'll break on you. They have the TM M14 and PSG-1's that are on the expensive side that will break when 11.1v batteries.