MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I'm not Beretta, but the plastic/polymer of the ACR is of much, much, MUCH higher quality then my Ares Tavor. Also, I had to go through with a razor blade to remove a lot of mold marks on my Tavor, while the ACR was completely clean.

That's good to know. I guess the other thing is that if the real ACR is moulded in the same way, it's a dint of the rifle not the replica.

• Like 1

Or not needed and the PDF/document needs an update.

Come to think of it, aside from Scuffer's pre-production ACR back in May which had those washers, does anyone who have the post production releases (i.e. since August 2010) have the outer barrels wish washers?

dStole, sorry, I know you've already created your database, but do you think you could add another Y/N field about the washers? Would be interesting to see the results.

Or not needed and the PDF/document needs an update.

Come to think of it, aside from Scuffer's pre-production ACR back in May which had those washers, does anyone who have the post production releases (i.e. since August 2010) have the outer barrels wish washers?

dStole, sorry, I know you've already created your database, but do you think you could add another Y/N field about the washers? Would be interesting to see the results.

Well, I thought about that, but allow me to quote Magpul PTS Customer Service's reply once I figured out the missing washers:

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thanks for the waiting about the barrel issue, definitely the parts 'C22' is missing in this case, we will arrange the parts to eHobby Aisa shortly, we believe that they will contact you afterward, thanks for your attention.

Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Sounds like missing... not a misprint of the manual.

Edited by Ycare

I'm not Beretta, but the plastic/polymer of the ACR is of much, much, MUCH higher quality then my Ares Tavor. Also, I had to go through with a razor blade to remove a lot of mold marks on my Tavor, while the ACR was completely clean.

Not saying the Tavor is bad, as I'm personally loving it, but they're just not comparable.

Id have to disagree on that myself,

I own a hell of a lot of Magpul PTS products and the plastics on the Masada dont look/feel like them. Id say its closer to an Ares Tavor is terms of plastic quality than to Magpuls typical stuff. that said, the Tavor has good plastics, but not as good as those we've come to expect from magpul.

The ACRs that have had issues still represent less than 1% of the total we have sold so far.

I don't believe this for a moment. There are too many people from too many places receiving differently spec'd guns (Made In HK, no Made In HK) reporting problems for this to be true. What this means is that most buyers haven't even taken the outer barrel off yet. And that of those that have, most don't know that there should be washers there, or they've only taken it off once, and it's gone back OK and properly lined up.

The fact that nobody reporting here has the washers tells you something. I have no idea how the production line(s) at the factory(ies) that these guns are made on/in are set up, but it sounds to me as if there's a massive % out there sans washers.

• Like 1

Id have to disagree on that myself,

I own a hell of a lot of Magpul PTS products and the plastics on the Masada dont look/feel like them. Id say its closer to an Ares Tavor is terms of plastic quality than to Magpuls typical stuff. that said, the Tavor has good plastics, but not as good as those we've come to expect from magpul.

:blink:

The MIAD I own is pretty damn close to the quality of the ACR grip, while the Tavor is... just made of a different polymer obviously. And again, no mold marks on the ACR compared to the Tavor. I really can't see how you can say that this ACR has an "Ares" external feel. Whether Magpul PTS is making the polymer and then shipping it to assembly, whether they shared their "recipe" with Ares and gave some guidelines for the conception, because my ACR and Tavor were nothing alike. Even the molding details were much much thinner on my ACR than on the Tavor, again, just not the same thing.

Took the Masada out for a skirmish today. It held up pretty well with an 11.1v 15C lipo & an M120 spring with an un-opened gear box. In addition, I asked a team mate to bring his A&K Masada and it made me feel a bit better of my purchase. Still . . . . .

092510.jpg

Lucky, I used a 11v Lipo and 1000 rounds later my gear box went bang. £200 later to upgrade its fine.

Did you have any feeding issues on full auto using lipo?

:blink:

The MIAD I own is pretty damn close to the quality of the ACR grip, while the Tavor is... just made of a different polymer obviously. And again, no mold marks on the ACR compared to the Tavor. I really can't see how you can say that this ACR has an "Ares" external feel. Whether Magpul PTS is making the polymer and then shipping it to assembly, whether they shared their "recipe" with Ares and gave some guidelines for the conception, because my ACR and Tavor were nothing alike. Even the molding details were much much thinner on my ACR than on the Tavor, again, just not the same thing.

I never said it was an Ares feel,

I said it felt closer to an Ares than it does to anything magpul i own. the material isn't that DuPont, high quality fibrous type you'd find in pretty much anything PTS in the past. I don't know why this is, but its a fact. its not as good as you'd expect from them.

also, on the subject of mould marks, theres plenty on the Masada, theres sanding marks and even little bits of left over material in some places, not the end of the world, but they are there.

I never said it was an Ares feel,

I said it felt closer to an Ares than it does to anything magpul i own. the material isn't that DuPont, high quality fibrous type you'd find in pretty much anything PTS in the past. I don't know why this is, but its a fact. its not as good as you'd expect from them.

also, on the subject of mould marks, theres plenty on the Masada, theres sanding marks and even little bits of left over material in some places, not the end of the world, but they are there.

Well, let's agree to disagree then. To me, the lower receiver was made of the same quality and type of material than my Pmag. I'll compare it again once I receive my replacement unit, if it ever arrives, but I do remember being happily surprise when comparing the ACR to my mag.

Edited by Ycare

Still.... what?

Still . . . . . in retrospect, I would not have bought this AEG.

I think it has been proven many times that stock the MASADA cannot handle an 11.1v LiPo, and that using one it is a good way to destroy the piston.

I'm only running a 15c lipo. With the M120 spring, rate of fire is less than 20 bb/s.

Sweet Video, What are you running it on, Upgrades?

No upgrades except a different bucking that gave me a little better compression. Unfortunately it was from the "parts box" and have no way to identify it. Battery is a 9.6v 2000mAh crane stock battery that works great and lasted all day.

Externally I have a Primary Arms Micro Dot, Condor Tactical Flashlight with pressure switch hooked up to the Magpul Illumination Kit (which is heavenly), and a mock PEQ15 for looks. Also just got in the adjustable stock and it really completes the gun for me (except for the shorter barrel). It fits perfectly with the Masada and it also has all its threadings for the Single Point Sling Mount which also came in the package. The mount went on the folding adjustable stock flawlessly and nothing was misaligned. So far my Masada experience has been nothing be a dream. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Edited by BlackHawk125
  • Like 1

No upgrades except a different bucking that gave me a little better compression. Unfortunately it was from the "parts box" and have no way to identify it. Battery is a 9.6v 2000mAh crane stock battery that works great and lasted all day.

Externally I have a Primary Arms Micro Dot, Condor Tactical Flashlight with pressure switch hooked up to the Magpul Illumination Kit (which is heavenly), and a mock PEQ15 for looks. Also just got in the adjustable stock and it really completes the gun for me (except for the shorter barrel). It fits perfectly with the Masada and it also has all its threadings for the Single Point Sling Mount which also came in the package. The mount went on the folding adjustable stock flawlessly and nothing was misaligned. So far my Masada experience has been nothing be a dream. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Sweet!

9.6 Crane Stock battery, can that fit in the hand guard? or Sling?

..................................................................................................................

Sorry if its been said before. flamed.gif

But i really want to get this right. Wanting to know on experience. Has anyone tried 7.2 / 11v Lipo. vs 8.4v/9.6v/10v mAh batteries . Has any one compared all 5 types of power source. Which one would be the best out if the rest.

*Feeding/Mag to Gun

*Good Rate/Auto

*No Problems, Continues all day performance

*Does it Last All Day

*How Much $/£

*What Make

*Where can i get it US/UK

The reason is I use the King Arms 11v, and sometimes the masada doesn't like it. feeding/auto. Now i love the rate of fire.

I've tried an 8.4 mini 1600mAh, Auto fire worked every time but it feels slow,no feeding issues on auto.

What would be the happy medium?

I understand the Spring power does effect rate of fire. so lets say 350-400fps on Madbull m110-m120

Cheers tongue.gif

Sorry if its been said before. flamed.gif

But i really want to get this right. Wanting to know on experience. Has anyone tried 7.2 / 11v Lipo. vs 8.4v/9.6v/10v mAh batteries . Has any one compared all 5 types of power source. Which one would be the best out if the rest.

*Feeding/Mag to Gun

*Good Rate/Auto

*No Problems, Continues all day performance

*Does it Last All Day

*How Much $/£

*What Make

*Where can i get it US/UK

The reason is I use the King Arms 11v, and sometimes the masada doesn't like it. feeding/auto. Now i love the rate of fire.

I've tried an 8.4 mini 1600mAh, Auto fire worked every time but it feels slow,no feeding issues on auto.

What would be the happy medium?

I understand the Spring power does effect rate of fire. so lets say 350-400fps on Madbull m110-m120

Cheers tongue.gif

It has been discussed before at length in the technical discussion forums. If 8.4v isnt good enough then a 9.6v is probably the next step up, however a 7.2v lipo is generally considered to be equal to a 9.6v ni-cad/ni-mh.

Discussing the RoF you want on anything over 350fps is not really needed in the UK seeing at 99% of sights have 350fps as their limit.

Just a quick question, are people using the small MagPul rails to mount the AFG's onto the Masada handguard? Which length is actually needed as theres quite a few lengths.

Ack.... just realized that I'm missing the C22 lock ring-washers on the barrel assembly.

Seeing as how I have an big game coming up that I want to use the rifle for, I'm begging AirsoftGI to send me a replacement barrel assembly, instead of taking weeks to go through the RMA/Warranty process with Magpul-PTS.

Who else has had this issue resolved already?

1) Anyone think that instead of this being faulty, that it's something they decided to leave off, and didn't have a chance to change the manual?

2) Anyone that HAS the washers, can you post a good close-up pic?

I'm thinking of maybe buying 2 rubber washers and installing them myself.

I may even cut them, and glue them back together (once wrapped around the barrel) instead of dismantling the entire assembly to install the washers.

It shouldn't affect any integrity aside from maybe having to replace the washers with repeated swapping of the barrel (which to be honest, once I install the TBB, I plan on never swapping barrels in this gun again).

Comments requested from some of the gurus on what they think of this.

I know I should have the proper parts, but to be honest, I really don't want to wait to field this gun.

Edited by anonimouse9

Just a quick question, are people using the small MagPul rails to mount the AFG's onto the Masada handguard? Which length is actually needed as theres quite a few lengths.

I used the Rail piece that came with the Magpul RVG. attaching it to the second slot from the front. This was mostly out of necessity as the screws protrude pretty far into the hand guard space. I found that mounting the rail to far towards the mag-well greatly limited space for battery placement (8.4v Mini). With Lipos, depending on the size you'll have more room to play with. This setup put my AFG1 at an okay distance but the reach is a little far for my physical build.

I actually have some Magpul Polymer Rails (11 slot) arriving by Fedex today. I intend to use them on the 3 and 9 o'clock positions of the hand guard but I'll see how they work on the 6.

Edited by Tanker