MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

From the Dingodogs website:

WE ARE ONLY STOCKING THE UK SPEC MASADA! Not the USA OR ASIA spec as seen for sale on some other UK Retailers sites. This is why the UK Spec Masada has taken longer to be produced as it has been manufactured on a seperate production line at a later stage to the USA or Asia Spec Masadas.

UK MASADA IS RoHs Compliant with Upgraded Wiring & 1 Joule Spring, Firing at 328fps. They also come c/w a UK Stamped Warranty Card (unlike the USA or Asia Spec Models)!!

Hopefully this might mean better QC on the UK spec Masada's compared to the import ones, or they could just have a whole new set of issues :P

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I used the Rail piece that came with the Magpul RVG. attaching it to the second slot from the front. This was mostly out of necessity as the screws protrude pretty far into the hand guard space. I found that mounting the rail to far towards the mag-well greatly limited space for battery placement (8.4v Mini). With Lipos, depending on the size you'll have more room to play with. This setup put my AFG1 at an okay distance but the reach is a little far for my physical build.

I actually have some Magpul Polymer Rails (11 slot) arriving by Fedex today. I intend to use them on the 3 and 9 o'clock positions of the hand guard but I'll see how they work on the 6.

That wasn't an answer to his question (which is also my question).

Anyone know if you need the medium length, or if the small will do? (They have 3 sizes).

Sweet!

9.6 Crane Stock battery, can that fit in the hand guard? or Sling?

..................................................................................................................

Yes it fits very nicely in the hand guard, just have to arrange the wiring. This is the one that I'm using: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_47&products_id=2428

Edited by BlackHawk125

From the Dingodogs website:

WE ARE ONLY STOCKING THE UK SPEC MASADA! Not the USA OR ASIA spec as seen for sale on some other UK Retailers sites. This is why the UK Spec Masada has taken longer to be produced as it has been manufactured on a seperate production line at a later stage to the USA or Asia Spec Masadas.

UK MASADA IS RoHs Compliant with Upgraded Wiring & 1 Joule Spring, Firing at 328fps. They also come c/w a UK Stamped Warranty Card (unlike the USA or Asia Spec Models)!!

Hopefully this might mean better QC on the UK spec Masada's compared to the import ones, or they could just have a whole new set of issues :P

What do you mean by better QC?

Regarding the washer issue, I have ONE of those washers on my barrel, and it´s razor thin, which leads me to believe that those washers are supposed to be added to compensate for differences in tolerances. So in theory some guns would be fine with one (as mine is), or two or even be fine without them, as I take it some peoples guns are. If that is the case, then there is clearly a need for some worker so check the barrels/trunnions in the factory, and if this guy has a bad day I guess people will get bad barrel assemblies.

By the way, I was having a hop up problem before, where I could not get the hop up to "bite" at all. Well, I guess I solved that one. It turned out it was a user error.

I guess best practice when disassembling the gun is to set the hop up to "off" before removing the barrel. I missed that part, and I must have dislodged the hopup somehow. When I removed the barrel with the hopup disengaged, then engaged the hopup when the barrel was in place again it worked like a charm.

The only other issue I have is that the gun is unwilling to feed sometimes when firing long bursts of full auto. Maybe it´s the hopup-bucket issue reported on earlier in the thread.

For those who are interested, mine is an FDE version with S/N 1190. I´ve seen some people giving a five figure number (0XXXX), but mine is simply "MPTS1190".

Regarding the gripe with the painted upper receiver, is the real steel/aluminium/plastic one anodised? It has a painted look to it.

Since the gun I had in the military was both painted and had a plasticky and not exaclty rock solid hand guard I feel quite at home with the Masada :-)

But as I said when I first got the gun, the paintwork on the upper could have been a little more solid. But then again, it hasn´t started to flake off yet.

Now I got to get me one of them folding stock thingys..

That wasn't an answer to his question (which is also my question).

Anyone know if you need the medium length, or if the small will do? (They have 3 sizes).

Ok. I'll try this again... Users preference on which rail to attach. The smallest Magpul rail can provide enough area for an AFG or any regular vertical grip to be attached to the Masada's standard hand guard. My apologies, I was just trying to describe the method I've utilized so far on my Masada (1548 Tan).

Edited by Tanker

I agree with Doedkoett , I think it's a "as needed" issue for the factory tech. to use shims or no shims when assembling the barrel on to the rifle.

Sadly some of those shims "needed" where not installed. waggle.gif

It's just like shimming a set of gears, you may only need a 0.010 - 0.020 - etc. under or on top of a gear or none at all. Just depends.

Hi everybody!

This is my first post and, first of all I wanted to thank all of you, as this thread is really a fantastic source of info for all the people planning (or not) to buy this gun and for those that have already one in their hands to share their experiences/feelings about it... great job!! happy.gif

I received mine yesterday from WGC and for the moment I haven't found any important issues although I haven't been able to play with it too much... but the more I look at it, the more I'm in love with it! tongue.gif it's really light but feels rock solid, superior quality materials and no wobbles at all. The trigger response and ROF is perfect to me; I've fired a couple of mags with a half charged 8,4v battery and I was impressed... no misfires or loading problems. Can't wait for the weekend to go the field and make an exhaustive try!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Seems to be the same batch as Doedkoett's one, as they share the same characteristics biggrin.gif ... the receiver pins are really hard to push (I can't push them only with the bullet, need to use a screwdriver and hammer them); the handguard one is pushed easily so battery/barrel changing won't be that bad. For the barrel washers issue, mine came with just one too but the barrel adjusts perfectly, no movement at all and the barrel and closing handle stay centered. The hopup seems centered as well. After reading the thread, I've been removing and placing again the barrel several times to test it and no adjust/bucking problems so far. Mine is FDE #1018 by the way.

I only have a couple of complaints: The painting in the contact zone of the front sight is flaking... and I've got a small scratch near the ejection port thanks to our great Customs agents' "cutter inspection procedures"

Regarding the washer issue, I have ONE of those washers on my barrel, and it´s razor thin, which leads me to believe that those washers are supposed to be added to compensate for differences in tolerances. So in theory some guns would be fine with one (as mine is), or two or even be fine without them, as I take it some peoples guns are. If that is the case, then there is clearly a need for some worker so check the barrels/trunnions in the factory, and if this guy has a bad day I guess people will get bad barrel assemblies.

Could you post a good close-up of the washer, and let us know if it's plastic, or rubber.

(I"m assuming plastic from your description of it being razor-thin.)

Read the first post of page 53 for Magpul PTS's reply about my missing washers.

Yeah saw that.... seems they'll send out replacement parts.

My only problem is, AIRSOFTGI is a pin in the *albartroth* to deal with. I'm guessing they'll make me pay shipping back to them, and I'll have to wait weeks/months for them to get stock again on a replacement.

I'm REALLY considering not worrying about it as I don't plan on removing the barrel often, and think I can easily install an rubber gasket myself.

(As long as I can see someone's good gun first for reference.)

Yeah saw that.... seems they'll send out replacement parts.

My only problem is, AIRSOFTGI is a pin in the *albartroth* to deal with. I'm guessing they'll make me pay shipping back to them, and I'll have to wait weeks/months for them to get stock again on a replacement.

I'm REALLY considering not worrying about it as I don't plan on removing the barrel often, and think I can easily install an rubber gasket myself.

(As long as I can see someone's good gun first for reference.)

The problem is that GI most likely doesn't have the parts in and neither does Spartan Imports (the wholesaler) so yes for us in the states its a multi-week wait just to get the parts.

IDK about installing a rubber gasket, because the barrel shims used are really thin.

Turns out my barrel only needed one.

IMG_1920.jpg

It was hard to get a good pic, but you can see it sits about 2 clicks off center.

Interesting... tell me if I'm wrong, but if I remember well on the exploded drawing of the ACR, the washers were actually on the other side of the gas block/barrel holder.

Could you post a good close-up of the washer, and let us know if it's plastic, or rubber.

(I"m assuming plastic from your description of it being razor-thin.)

No, it´s a very thin piece of metal, just like the one in "WTF?Shane"s post. I can, if I use some force, turn one click past center, but just letting it settle at the center works fine, for now anyway. I don´t want to use too much force since I somehow suspect the gun parts aren´t made of milled and hardened steel, and thus will wear or break if too much force is applied.