MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Yer, that's down to a personal like/dislike and design thing I suppose - but I recon there probably would have been more people who would have moaned if PTS went with the original/concept design as if they were planning on doing any kind of future warrior type loadout then the weapon would only ever be the 'concept' not the real steel final production model.

*Edit - Also out of a simple skirmishing utility point of view; knowing 100% that I will be able to set this up how I want, with certain aftermarket parts/support, and to be able to make use of some of it's features helped me when deciding about getting one not sure if the A&K model offers all of that.

Edited by Scuffer
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

They didn't stay with the stock masada design just the same reason why they discontinued the Pmag and put out the Revision ones. Cause they want to stay as close as they can to the real deal and this is pretty much an ACR but from what I understand from Magpul is they cannot call it an ACR cause bushmaster/remmy owns that name. This is my understanding... the PTS version is going to be closer to the real one than the A&K as the A&K is slightly off in size.

I know this may have been asked but it dosent hurt.

Is there still no way it can accept a non lipo battery?

For someone who airsofts once a month, dealing with lipo would just be hassle.

In the standard handguard yes, but I can't see you fitting a non LiPo battery into the RIS handguard.

Yer, there's a few ways that you could sort the wiring out running it into a Peq box.

Once these are out it's probably worth somebody having a mess about with a 8.4 split/crane stock type battery as you may be able to fit one of those in - 1 set of cells above and to the side of the barrel another set running underneath the barrel where I put the LiPo.

I'd love to hear more about the DMR extension too!

This is part of a news release that was put out a while ago. ASAIK, there hasn't been any hard news on this since.

Optional quick swap barrel assemblies: Definitely 11.5″ and 14.5″ barrels, and perhaps an 18″ SPR barrel later. All barrels are tool-less quick-change barrel systems. They’re quick swappable just like the real thing and very solid. Each barrel has its own hop-up chamber that’s fully enclosed within the barrel assembly.

You can also extrapolate from an out-of-date Magpul technote on their R.S. versions.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6455785/Masada-Technote

See in particular p. 11 of the brochure for a good idea of what the SPR/DMR should look like, if it ever happens.

It would be a huge disappointment for me if they wouldn't make whole ACR line :(

The only reason I would change my A&K Masada to Magpul's is the SPR version (then I could buy additional shorter barrels, folding stock and switch it to assault version when needed and my dream will come true :) )

This is part of a news release that was put out a while ago.  ASAIK, there hasn't been any hard news on this since.

Optional quick swap barrel assemblies: Definitely 11.5″ and 14.5″ barrels, and perhaps an 18″ SPR barrel later. All barrels are tool-less quick-change barrel systems. They're quick swappable just like the real thing and very solid. Each barrel has its own hop-up chamber that's fully enclosed within the barrel assembly.

You can also extrapolate from an out-of-date Magpul technote on their R.S. versions.

http://www.scribd.co...Masada-Technote

See in particular p. 11 of the brochure for a good idea of what the SPR/DMR should look like, if it ever happens.

Thank you very much!

I'm still thinking about it since this gun is going to run expensive here. Especially for me if they decides not to release a SPR extension ^^

Have to agree with 1st commando on this, i had the 'displeasure' of seeing this first hand at the recent airsoft arms fair and was even more dissapointed than i initially thought i would be, the original design gripped me completely and this is just a travesty sad.gif

I've been trying to stay on the fence over this but I must agree with the above comment. I saw it too at the AAF and just thought it looked like a cheap pile of plastic junk.

I'm sure it'll suit some though, just not for me.

I've been trying to stay on the fence over this but I must agree with the above comment. I saw it too at the AAF and just thought it looked like a cheap pile of plastic junk.

I'm sure it'll suit some though, just not for me.

I'm still optimistic about it, but if I decide I don't like the look of the released model then the money I saved can go on a shiny new SCAR anyways :D

Yeah I'm glad they did make the final production model available but just wish the final production model had been the original design ;)

The build quality is very nice but it didn't feel right in my shoulder or in my hands.

Maybe it is a bit too "scar-ish" for me now

Is it the RIS? Because the version Scuffer is showing has the RIS which is not the default setup. Personally I think it's less than ideal to be reviewing a product based purely on a non-standard model as it gives people an inaccurate impression of what they'd be getting straight out of the box. Sure you can tell them that it will come with this or that accessory instead, but I've noticed people rarely bother to read the text anymore and just look at the pics. If you look at the model that's actually coming out rather than the model Scuffer is showing in this review, I personally think the base model is very non-scar-ish. That said, beyond the RIS, if the gun doesn't feel right to you when shouldered no matter how you adjust it, not much can be done about that. But people need to be objective, casting aside the pics Scuffer has shown in this thread, and reflecting on the version that'll actually come out, there isn't that much of an aesthetic difference between the final production model Magpul handed off to Remington and Bushmaster, and the version they originally showed at Shot many years ago.

Have to agree with 1st commando on this, i had the 'displeasure' of seeing this first hand at the recent airsoft arms fair and was even more dissapointed than i initially thought i would be, the original design gripped me completely and this is just a travesty :(

I'm curious what differences between the PTS base model and the original design that you find objectionable? Is the charging handle relocation that irksome? The detail around the ejection port? Are people really flipping out just over these two details? I'm just trying to understand what exactly it is when people say "I hate it, it isn't the same as the original". What were you expecting? I'm not saying you're wrong or right, I'd just like to hear some clarity on this as people are not being very clear with their objections. It's "a travisty" doesn't really say much. What is it that made you feel that way?

Looks like uscm-corps was right about the off the shelf config -

The Magpul PTS Masada (ACR) will be coming standard with the polymer front handguard, fixed carbine stock, 14” Barrel, 1 x Pmag & Mbus sight! After market parts i.e. Folding / Retractable Stocks & Front RIS Handguards etc will be available to purchase separately once the Masada (ACR) is launched. All of the UK Magpul PTS Masada (ACR)`s will be UK site friendly (approx 328 fps) as they are all being manufactured separately for the UK market with a 1joule spring being fitted as standard.

LINK!