MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

So, having just read every post in this thread, i've come to the following conclusion;

I don't care if Ares make the internals.

I don't care if it's not the 'original'.

I don't care if PTS lied about the internals manufacturer.

I don't care what set-up it comes with out the box.

Frankly, it looks awesome, it's bound to make all sorts of fun clicky noises and the only chap who's used one in a skirmish says it shoots good. I want one.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

The question is can we look forward to a 18" barrel, long handguard, 7.62 lower receiver, and PRS stock, all sold as one gun package, or will they all be add-on extras with a cumulative price to match?

When I last spoke with PTS in April, the 18" barrel, longer hand guard, and ACR sniper stock was still planned for a later release. An exact time frame is unclear however. It definitely won't be out at the same time as the ACR release. I'm still not entirely sure which modular accessories will be available upon the ACR's initial release, all I know is that they're working as fast as possible.

As for dedicated ACR packages with specific combination of parts, or a single "ultimate package" with all the parts... I have a feeling they'll be waiting to see what the demands are for these setups. If they get swamped with requests for a certain setup from distributors or dealers that will probably expedite the process. As things are now, they're working as fast and thoroughly as they can to finish their first production batch.

I'm still not entirely sure which modular accessories will be available upon the ACR's initial release, all I know is that they're working as fast as possible.

As for dedicated ACR packages with specific combination of parts, or a single "ultimate package" with all the parts... I have a feeling they'll be waiting to see what the demands are for these setups.

I've heard on this end that the RIS kit and the retractable/folding stock will be available at the time of release.

Also as mentioned before it would be nice if these came off the shelf in a few different configs, or there was a limited run of 'full' kits with every modular option in.

Will the first production batch be available in black or it will be black and DE rifles?

I mean, are they releasing the ACR in both colors or it will be first black and then (like 3 months later) DE?

Cheers!

They should be available in all three colours - black/fde/fg.

The biggest sellers will no doubt be the black and fde versions.

Edited by Scuffer

I would really like to see this aeg with at high end upgrade, sp130, high end motor(mangum) and a fat lipo.

Just to see how the microswitch holding up to that kind of upgrade.

Its the GB thats put me off this aeg...I am littel suspicious about the hole microswitchthing;)

Just install a Mosfet, using the microswitch as the trigger switch for the Gate - the microswitch will give a good response whilst the FET will take the current. To be honest the difference between a standard trigger switch in good condition and a microswitch isn't all that big. Where the microswitch has a definite advantage is the microswitch will be less susceptible to erosion due to arcing.

I'm happy about that. Remingtons Mustard tan just look terrible to me.

I'm not going to say I'm "happy" about it per say, but its definitely not a deal breaker. I just think the darker color of it would be a better "universal" color.

Finally, I thought I posted this but I guess not. Thank you for the review Scuffer.