MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

PTS strikes again.

I like a lot of their stuff, but it seems more and more that unless Magpul Industries has previously come up with the exact design for them they can't seem to get things right, and the 11.5" is cropping up a bit too often in a bad light. People posting up to say they've received theirs already broken/filthy dirty/all but non-functioning makes me wonder about the QC process that's going on before things leave the factory, they're not minor issues that are easily missed during a quick visual check.

Lol I doubt that they are already making ACM versions of the 11.5" barrels :P I am planning on picking up 5 of those new PDI buckings and see how they treat me. Since they don't rely on the nub at all, it should maximize accuracy and range. How are the stock inner barrels in the 11.5" barrels? Idk which I'll be using more, as the 11.5" looks damn nice with the suppressor, but I just really don't feel like buying any more stuff for it lol.

I tried the adjustable stock and decided not to keep it, since I am left handed I hardly find any advantage using it, I actually lost my preferred sling mount. Used once, FDE color, selling for $80 shipped anywhere in the US. If you are outside the US PM me for shipping quote. Paypal only. PM if interested. Thanks.

In case anyone is interested I'm selling the adjustable folding stock since I decided not to keep it. Used once. Dark Earth color. $80 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Foreign countries PM me for shipping quote. I'll throw in a G&G button QD sling mount. As you can see it is complete as I received it from Redwolf Airsoft. PM me if interested.

sale-001.jpg

Saw this on M4 Carbine today, and I'm not sure if it's been discussed yet. This is slightly OT considering it's dealing with RS, but it's something that would be amazing to see come to the PTS model.

Remington has a prototype 5-Side aluminum hand guard for the ACR, and this is hands down my favorite hand guard I've seen. Word is it'll never get produced, but here's to hoping an ACM model slips in for airsoft.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itstactical/5376390019/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itstactical/5376990616/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itstactical/5376390083/

Again, sorry if this has already been discussed.

Ya I think they've announced the 5 sided handguard for a while now, but it's by Remington and they're trying to sell it to LE/Mil. I DID hear a rumor that the handguard will be released to civilians some time this year. But if anyone has any kinda hookups with Remington and is able to get their hands on one, PM me!

• Like 1

Hey guys. New member here, however I've lurked here awhile.

I've got a line on a BNIB Magpul ACR Masada in FDE for pretty cheap. Ive read the entire thread and am confident in buying the AEG, however one thing I haven't seen answered is the space available for a battery in the standard polymer handguard. Would it be possible for one of you guys who has one handy to post the accurate size of the battery compartment in metric sizes? Specifically the maximum thickness of a battery which will fit. I'de really like to know if the batteries I have now will fit. I'de really appreciate it!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey guys...

I've received my FDE No 2172 about a week ago but I finally find some time to test it today! The gun doesn't feed very well!! on semi-auto very ~5 bbs doesn't feed 1-2 and on full auto this is more visible it couldn't finish the 120 bbs of the mag and left in there about 40bbs!!

Please is there anything I should do? I've only test it with the standard PMAG and used 0.25g blaster devils.

Oh and the first bbs double feed and fell ... like 1-2m away from me!!!

Please if someone know anything reply.... I'm desperate right now!

Thanks in advance

George

Edited by wolfgeorge

Hey guys...

I've received my FDE No 2172 about a week ago but I finally find some time to test it today! The gun doesn't feed very well!! on semi-auto very ~5 bbs doesn't feed 1-2 and on full auto this is more visible it couldn't finish the 120 bbs of the mag and left in there about 40bbs!!

Please is there anything I should do? I've only test it with the standard PMAG and used 0.25g blaster devils.

Oh and the first bbs double feed and fell ... like 1-2m away from me!!!

Please if someone know anything reply.... I'm desperate right now!

Thanks in advance

George

Even though I have already stated this about 3-4 times in this thread....

It is almost certainly caused by your BB's. You need to buy some better quality ones, I have been using Blaster BB's and since I switched from Zero One's own brand I haven't had a problem.

As for the battery space its not just a case of the internal dimensions of the hand guard, the barrel quick detach handle takes up quite a lot of room and also if you attach and rails to it then again your using room. Having said that it does fit a 15cmx2.5cmx3cm lipo in there with all that gear on with a little room to spare. The aluminium rail on the other hand doesn't, luckily I have a couple of 3 cell lipo's I break down and use in the metal front end!

Sorry I can't give you the exact dimensions internally but I don't have my gun to hand!

• Like 1

Not necessarily; I use zero one BB's and mine feeds fine. The problem I had was with the mags and I've found it to be the case with all PMAGS I've owned and three other team mates. What you need to do is squirt some silicon spray sown the feed tube on the mag and then work it in by pushing the follower up and down a few times with say an unjamming rod. After that ALL of my and my team mates mags fed absolutely fine.

Give it a go; it's cheaper than switching BB's!

I've test both!! I spray silicon down there and I've switched to Bioval BBBMAX 0.27g and it's working great!! Now I'll test it later with the Blaster Devils again to see what happens!.

Edit: I've just test it with 0.25g Blaster Devils and works five..... The solution is silicon spray in the feed tube!!

Thanks for the replies.

George

Edited by wolfgeorge

I installed a sector chip in my gearbox to remedy the feeding issues my ACR was having on full auto. No mag lube, no bb brand swap, just some gearbox work.

While I was inside there I also removed the second piston tooth, adjusted angle of engagement by shimming the piston head, and locked the formerly loose piston head down tight. I couldn't be more pleased with the gun's performance after addressing those issues.

I installed a sector chip in my gearbox to remedy the feeding issues my ACR was having on full auto. No mag lube, no bb brand swap, just some gearbox work.

While I was inside there I also removed the second piston tooth, adjusted angle of engagement by shimming the piston head, and locked the formerly loose piston head down tight. I couldn't be more pleased with the gun's performance after addressing those issues.

Obviously that worked for you but if a two second squirt of silicon does the trick do you not think stripping the GB, addressing any AoE issues and installing another part is a touch OTT for most people?