MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

anything smaller than 20mmx30mm I believe. I am using FireFox Lipos from RSOV (so that I can use the same batteries with my tavor, not getting into details of my setup w/ the mosfet in there but nevertheless its tight :P). What did you have yours upgraded with? I'm about to deck mine out as well, all the parts are on their way ^_^

anything smaller than 20mmx30mm I believe. I am using FireFox Lipos from RSOV (so that I can use the same batteries with my tavor, not getting into details of my setup w/ the mosfet in there but nevertheless its tight :P). What did you have yours upgraded with? I'm about to deck mine out as well, all the parts are on their way ^_^

I placed on an extreme fire mosfet

Prometheus Gears, Prommy M120 spring, PDI 6.01 TBB, G&P piston, AE motor and a few others I cant remember =P

hi guys new to the forum and this is my first post

S/N MPTS03015

in DE

been reading through all the pages found what i needed to know about how to fix the hop as i made the mistake of removing the barrel without winding the hop down squashed the nub but thats all sorted

had mine since november and put around 14,000 rounds through it on semi as don't feel the need to use full auto had one or 2 lock ups but quick burst of full auto sorted it still running fine

gun is all stock still been using a 7.4 lipo

just looking into a new motor as mine is a little whiney and possibly fitting a mosfet will do this when i service it in a week or 2

but i am very happy with my purchase and have not used any of my other guns as this out performs them all!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

PS

thanks for all your advice and helpful tips on here helped me out without having to repost other people questions keep up the good work

cheers jim

Has Magpul PTS completely scratched the idea of building a drop-in GBB system into the ACR? I haven't heard anything about it in months.

Quoted: By airsoftoutletnw Shotshow 2011

We asked MAGPUL PTS about the gas conversion for the ACR as well. They do still intend to produce a gas conversion system that will fit existing ACR airsoft rifles, but they are waiting for the KWA LM4 to clear ATF before they pursue any engineering aspects of the conversion. This is in part because of the current ambiguity regarding gas blowback airsoft rifles, and in part because they want to test all the available options to decide on the best engine to base the ACR GBBR on.

Edited by kithooton

Edited:

Was Listening to Airsoftolgy podcast. Magpul are defo doing there own internal gearbox, and they are not putting Ares gearboxes in the ACR anymore!

Possible due to they have to buy, or give a % to them.

Magpul designers and engineers have looked at it and decided to make there own.

Also Airsoftolgy say that this gearbox is already out, the Gen.2 massada gearbox and are in the ACRS and in shops now! (But you really wouldn't know the differents when looking at it) Maybe a performance difference?

Edited by kithooton

Edited:

Was Listening to Airsoftolgy podcast. Magpul are defo doing there own internal gearbox, and they are not putting Ares gearboxes in the ACR anymore!

Possible due to they have to buy, or give a % to them.

Magpul designers and engineers have looked at it and decided to make there own.

Also Airsoftolgy say that this gearbox is already out, the Gen.2 massada gearbox and are in the ACRS and in shops now! (But you really wouldn't know the differents when looking at it) Maybe a performance difference?

Wait so your saying I have a crappy ARES gearbox in mine but If I had waited I wouldn't because they are making their own and putting them into future masadas? Aint this a b****...

Wait so your saying I have a crappy ARES gearbox in mine but If I had waited I wouldn't because they are making their own and putting them into future masadas? Aint this a b****...

I'm not saying the internal are rubbish. Well....

You could choose to change them anyways (Custom Gears).

Is that Magput PTS are doing there own now. And also due they are completely making a Magpul M4 external and internal!

• Like 1

Saw this on M4 Carbine today, and I'm not sure if it's been discussed yet. This is slightly OT considering it's dealing with RS, but it's something that would be amazing to see come to the PTS model.

Remington has a prototype 5-Side aluminum hand guard for the ACR, and this is hands down my favorite hand guard I've seen. Word is it'll never get produced, but here's to hoping an ACM model slips in for airsoft.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itstactical/5376390019/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itstactical/5376990616/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itstactical/5376390083/

Again, sorry if this has already been discussed.

Those photos are of Mers (from AAC) holding the ACR (probably, in this case, chambered in their prized 300BLK round) in the recent SHOTshow just over a week ago. I would seriously doubt the speculation that the five-sided handguard would not be produced given their recent portrayal in SHOT.

P.S. The five-sided handguard is still part of Remington's spec sheet. If Remington produces it, Magpul PTS will be likely to produce it as well.

Those photos are of Mers (from AAC) holding the ACR (probably, in this case, chambered in their prized 300BLK round) in the recent SHOTshow just over a week ago. I would seriously doubt the speculation that the five-sided handguard would not be produced given their recent portrayal in SHOT.

P.S. The five-sided handguard is still part of Remington's spec sheet. If Remington produces it, Magpul PTS will be likely to produce it as well.

Remington seems to be playing their cards pretty close to their chest, so I can only hope the "only for LE/MIL" comments are only to mean "only for LE/MIL...for now". If PTS could make this for around $150, I'd be first to buy

This I highly doubt. PTS has no dealings with Remington or their designs. PTS only deals with Magpul designs and products. Even the current PTS ACR design is off the final generation of Magpul's Masada before it was sold off to Bushmaster and Remington who then further modified parts of the original design. So if Remington produces it, it is highly UNLIKELY PTS will produce it as well.