MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

So, today i start pumping BB's on my PMAG to test fire the ACR, insert the mag, pull the trigger... a somewhat muffled sound occurs and 2 BB's roll gently down the barrel and land at my feet...

Me and my two friends start laughing at the event, i pop the barrel out to inspect it, and a piece of the hop up nub (about half) falls off. I take a close look and it's clear it's been ripped apart.

WTF???

I went to my local shop, bought 3 diferent nubs (because i couldn't find a photo of the stock one anywhere), and i'm about to take the hop unit out and see if i can replace the shreded nub...

Any thoughts/tips?

P.S. - I recall extensive posting here about the bucking, but none about the nub...right?

Edited by Kossack

The nub is proprietary, but you can glue others in.

They should make a massoud lower, I would buy that.

I'm gonna try and glue the closest fit on top of the remaining nub. This is a really estrange design. The nub is shaped like an 8, and half of it sits tighs in the descending arm. In my case, the exposed half got ripped out....i just can´t figure out when and why!

I fixed it!

Luckily, the "figure 8" nub was torn only half way on one of the loops, so i was able to reverse it and fit the torn half in the actuator arm, leaving the solid (no hole in the middle) part exposed to the hop rubber. Since it lacks the hole, it is more rigid and therefore may explain the terrific hop sensitivity i'm experiencing now! :) Perhaps the simple reversing of the nub solves the stock hop sensitivity issue some are having...

Sorry but i could't take pics of the damaged part and hop up unit, because i'm taking these with my crappy 70€ phone, which obviously lacks macro settings lol! The hop unit is the little cilinder left of the barrel, and it's housed inside the metal block to it's left. The little black dots between the hop and the barrel are the nub's ripped fragments.

photo0026j.jpg

Currently waiting on RIS handguard, folding stock and silencer. Already slaped on the 553 replica in FDE, and front MBUS sight, also in FDE. I'll post some pics once i have the final setup assembled.

photo0031o.jpg

P.S. - I'm sorry if my post is confusing, but i'm using the best English i can :)

Edited by Kossack

Kossack I've been meaning to ask. Is airsoft big in Portugal?

Are there many skirmish sites?

Hmm, i can't tell exactly, but i would say we currently have around 150 teams, but i'm just guessing by looking at our main airsoft forum's (ptairsoft.org)team directory. What i can say is that i notice it's defenitly growing. I've been playing for 4 years now, and every Sunday i see more people trying it out for the 1st time. People from all ages too, and the online and physical stores are multiplying too. It's a good time to open up a store.

About the sites, i suppose we have plenty for those 150 teams. About every team has it's own training grounds, We have lush woods in the north, so some dense jungle-esque action there mainly. Mixed woodland and urban sites are pretty common too, specially around Lisbon. Some pure urban CQB sites inside abandoned factories midtown. My favorite one is an old textile factory in Lisbon, deserted for some 20 years. It's this giant complex of hangar-sized rooms, still filled with all the rows of machinery and looms, hallways, stairwells, all coverd by 20 years of gray dust. It looks just like something out of Fallout 3, very cool. Further south we have dozens of arid landscape sites, with knee high plant life and sand. Multicam rules the south hehe! It's not as big as football, lol...but it's probably bigger than paintball right now, and it's growing.

Remember our population is just 10 million. (60% of which are Benfica supporters hehehehe!).

Oh my God! That's sweet!

The RIS just makes the stock hanguard look so different :-)

You know you need an AFG2 on that ;-)

Thanks! :)

About that AFG2, i have to admit in not really into it... I can see it's usefulness in RS shooting, in aiding to control muzzle climb due to recoil. When it's mounted on it's correct place, nearest to the muzzle as ergonomicaly confortable, that is. But since recoil is virutually non-existent in AEG's, this defeats it's purpose IMO. Aesthetically, it just doesn't strike me much.

When in combat, i grip the rifle by the magwell, since i find it faster to track targets and react holding it that way. I use the vertical foregrip for sprinting, and it's bipod feature for the ocasional improvised sniping position, and to lay the AEG down in the safe zone. Portugal's soil is dry and dusty for most of the year, so i try to keep it away from dirt when possible. So i feel the AFG would serve me no purpose, and although i find vertical foregrips ugly (they make rifles look like powerdrills), i appreciate their advantages.

Thanks for the advice, though :)

Edited by Kossack

So, today i start pumping BB's on my PMAG to test fire the ACR, insert the mag, pull the trigger... a somewhat muffled sound occurs and 2 BB's roll gently down the barrel and land at my feet...

Me and my two friends start laughing at the event, i pop the barrel out to inspect it, and a piece of the hop up nub (about half) falls off. I take a close look and it's clear it's been ripped apart.

WTF???

I went to my local shop, bought 3 diferent nubs (because i couldn't find a photo of the stock one anywhere), and i'm about to take the hop unit out and see if i can replace the shreded nub...

Any thoughts/tips?

P.S. - I recall extensive posting here about the bucking, but none about the nub...right?

Kossack,

The nub may have been damaged when you removed the barrel. Make sure you turn the hop all the way off when removing the barrel so it doesn't catch on something and rip off.

Is there any chance that anyone knows a site that still has one of the ACR suppressors in stock? If not is magpul going to re-release those or were they a one shot?

No, noone has the official Magpul versiom in stock.. I had to purchase the Element version from Evike.com last week to cover my inner barrel. the 51t version is no where to be found.

Thanks XRider. Backtracking the topic made me realize that i hadn't recessed the nub when re-inserting the barrel.

I'm on the alert for that that now. :)

I made exactly the same mistake when I got mine. Luckily the nub was fine... Phew. Lol

But I'm stll going to put a cocktail stick into it when I get the chance to take the hop unit apart...

no problems at all.. I like the setup, wish I could pull it off in all my guns.

Thanks for the info, SHWEL!

Now for one more question to all you guys:

I need to increase it's FPS. The Portuguese limit is 375fps (1.3J), and although i haven't put it through a Chrony yet, i figure it comes stock with the 1J spring (340/350fps) and so i was wondering which spring would you recommend for the extra 25/35fps, without putting too much strain on the motor.

Thanks in advance!