Mayonaise on chips....

Ghost_Rider

Is it ok to put mayonaise on chips in the same manner as ketchup?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok to put mayonaise on chips in the same manner as ketchup?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're just sick, aren't you?
    • It's better than ketchup!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one outside of hull has ever heard of chip spice have they? It's a hull thing. I asked for it in leeds and they looked at me very funny (being southern didn't aid their understanding/acceptance of me either).

Chips with chip spice. Anyone else ever heard of it?

It's paprika with salt, and pepper and a touch of curry powder. But mostly paprika and salt.

It's nice....up to a point.

Mayo is nice if you feel like it, but tomato ketchup is the ultimate condiment regardless of application. The chip is a long-held ketchup constituency and it'll take more than mere mayonaise to overturn that kind of support

Mayo is the best! it's nice if you put hot sauce in it, it takes out most of the heat and just leaves the pleasent flavour. Yummy!

I can only eat ketchup if it's in a burger that also has mustard on it. It should be vile, but I like it! Also guaqamole (spelling?) is good if you like mexican food.

I'm sorry, but i can't see why Ghost_Rider doesn't appreciate the sheer amazingness of a big plate of fried chicken and chips with a massive dollop of mayonaise! Excuse me, I'm off to get my lunch.....

Try to imagine this: tomato sauce mixed with mayo...

Or salad cream on chips (throws up).

My friend loves it. She slept round my house a coupla weeks ago, we had a bag of chips, and she desecrates them with a horrible mixture which actually put me off my butty.

I really cannot believe all you people. Mayo on chips just looks evil.

Next time you are about to tuck in, think what a portion of chips would look like after a bird has just taken a massive dump on it.

There is actually one thing that is greater than ketchup on chips - and that is curry sauce with ketchup on top. Food for the Gods.

*Strikes GazChap of the manly men list*

It might taste good but I bet it's fattening as hell, not to mention the cholesterol, as a weight loss 'expert' & bodybuilding enthusiast I highly disagree on putting mayo on chips (I disagree on consuming both), but if you must, try making your own healthy mayo:

*1 Cup Extra Virgin olive oil or Olestra oil.

*1/2 Tspn Oregano (optional).

*1/4 Tspn salt (add more if you'd like).

*The juice of one lemon (optional).

*1 Tspn Equal or other artificial sugar (optional).

*3-4 egg whites (no yolks as they contain the fat and cholesterol in eggs, while the whites keep most of the protein).

*Mix all the ingredients in a blender until creamy consistency is reached, enjoy. Add other stuff if you like (spices or vegetables I mean, maybe fruit). Try using a pinch of garlic and rosemary along a bit of Saffron (a pinch will do).

I vote for chili and cheese...

*this way for the nacho thread, ma'am* :P

G_R: even your missus is disagreeing with you. :rolleyes:

you know the big dollup's riiiight!!!

I'm not THAT fussy. If i'm out of ketchup, i'll use mayo, and vice versa.

If i'm out of both then it's chilli sauce/tabasco/chinese chilli oil (qui lin?) or whatever I get my mitts on.

and in this modern world.. we have low fat stuff too... healthy chips and ultra light mayo.

• 1 year later...

Archived