M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard, that the M14 needs a special barrel, because of a difference in the Hop up unit. Is this true, or did you use a normal tightbore? The Reason I´m asking is because in Germany there are no M14 tightbores available, only normal tightbores and since importing barrels is illegal I would like to know if I could use any normal tightbore.

Thanks in advance

AxelFoley

That is correct. The notches for the hop-up require that you use a tight bore specific to the M14. You can modify a barrel to fit, but you must be precise in doing so. Just for fun I modified my stock m14 barrel to fit in a friends M4. All I used was a Dremel, and did it by hand. The M4 hop fit like a glove, although I'm not sure what he'll get out of it over his stock barrel.

Here's mine. Not really quite finished w/ it yet. Sadly I may have to leave the M14 brotherhood :(  as I am putting it up for sale and need money for the holidays.

Enjoy!

kuya021mr3.jpg

kuya017nn5.jpg

Did u get a longer inner barrel? i can see it shining in the flash hider lol it suscks that you have to sell this nice piece of work m14's are really nice. Good Luck.

Installing a tightbore is easier than you'd think. I just installed a Prometheus in mine. I used this guide to help me.

TM M14 Disassembly Guide

Just go through step 5 and remove the inner barrel, switch the hop and install the new barrel, and go backwards on the guide.....presto.

Did you have to dismantle the hopup, or does the rubber and bucking stay in place when you slide the barrel out of it? That's what's putting me off. Memories of when I changed the barrel on my CA M15A4

the hop up for me was the hardest part :P

u have to remove it from the end of the barrel, and its not that easy, its also not that easy to explain.

i first removed the part the the hop adjustment screw touches, be really careful of the little spring under it. to get this all off, u have to push out the pivot spring, you can then rotate it about 90 degrees and slide it down the barrel.

after that there is a U shaped bit that holds the hop onto the barrel, this is a little *badgeress* to get off :P i ended up using my teeth i think, does just push off in the end.

the rest of the hop then just slides off, new barrel in, and do everything backwards to put it together

not too hard in the end, but can be tricky :)

Did u get a longer inner barrel? i can see it shining in the flash hider lol it suscks that you have to sell this nice piece of work m14's are really nice. Good Luck.

Nope its actually shorter, the outer barrel is also shorter and the great thing about it is it just goes out far enough without actually sticking out the flashider also gives it a monstrous sound on full auto! :gun2: I know it sucks to let it go but I just cant justify having too many guns and I hope the new owner appreciates it. Thanks for the compliment!(a +1 would be nice too! :P )

-

That actually looks pretty good. I never thort I'd say that about an EBR kitted M14 either.

The paint job really gives it that finishing touch and it makes a nice change to see solid colours instead of camo splodges

Hey guys, quick question, and I figured someone here could help me out.

I'm considering getting a G&P MK14 EBR kit, but I'm a little aprehensive, as I've read it takes a modification to install. How hard is it? And for that matter, How is the kit?

Thanks alot!

Cheers.  :)

Very Good point AirForceOne but I'm actually writting a review and walk through for the site and I was going to direct him there afterwards

Ok the Tokyo Marui M14 is probably one of the easiest guns to break down and if you even have basic technical skills i think you would find this possible to do yourself. Apart from the usual hex keys and the likes the only special thing you will need is a soldering iron and some good quality solder with flux.

The whole job took me around 2 hours to complete to perfection and i did do alot of messing around fitting peices before final assembly. It required no filing of peices but you do need to resolder some of the wires so the battery can go to the front of the weapon.

I did have a slight technical hitch where it refused to fire repetative shoots in semi and i had a tinker around the selector plate that solved the problem. If you have rebuilt Armalites this will be a walk in the park.