M14 Picture Thread

The G&P shottie stocks supposidly go directly on the EBR stocks. This is because the chassis is cut at the same angle as the 870. That said, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY EBR! Quick question though. How do you EBR users deal with batteries? Is it a pain to get the battery out and put it in? How is the weight distribution on the chopmod's y'all have? I'm going with the G&P shortie EBR and want to now how you all feel about it. Thanks!

Edited by [BS]_MARS
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, got a problem and thought here would be the place to ask! (I promise pics if you can help me get it working! :P)

I recieved my woodkit for my M14 last week (goddamn its nice!) so I took the gearbox and upper reciever away from the plastic body, and placed it in the wood one (after a little modding). After id done that and put it all back together again (I have done this many a time before) the gun wont fire and keeps blowing fuses.

When there is no fuse in it, it makes a clunking noise as the motor is trying to turn but cant..or something like that. Now havnt done anything differently from when I changed the body from the fake wood, to an OD one but for some reason I now come across this problem. Its not battery, I tried an 8.4v and a 9.6v, neither worked. The gun is internally stock!!! I can take the gearbox apart, no problems there, its just more hassle than Id like...

Cheers for help,

+1's given to all who can help!

FarEast, how do you use that bottom rail thing to mount vertical grip? :) I dont understand how it supposed to be attached. Can you maybe take some pictures? Thanks.

It's a modification that I did myself.

I made a new reinforced mounting plate to replace the aluminum one that the hand guard attaches to, I then just removed the RIS attament from the vertical Forgrip, the holes perfectly lined up with those of the hand guard so I fed the vert grip screws through the foregrip and tightened the fore grip then reattached to the new reinforced bracket and hey presto! M14 EBR with Vertical foregrip.

Hey guys, got a problem and thought here would be the place to ask! (I promise pics if you can help me get it working! :P)

I recieved my woodkit for my M14 last week (goddamn its nice!) so I took the gearbox and upper reciever away from the plastic body, and placed it in the wood one (after a little modding). After id done that and put it all back together again (I have done this many a time before) the gun wont fire and keeps blowing fuses.

When there is no fuse in it, it makes a clunking noise as the motor is trying to turn but cant..or something like that. Now havnt done anything differently from when I changed the body from the fake wood, to an OD one but for some reason I now come across this problem. Its not battery, I tried an 8.4v and a 9.6v, neither worked. The gun is internally stock!!! I can take the gearbox apart, no problems there, its just more hassle than Id like...

Cheers for help,

Sounds like the motor height might need adjusting. All I can think of though.

Motor height could've been affected by the new stock I think. And the fuses blowing because the motor is trying to draw too much current (electric motors draw more current when working against a resistance).

All I can say is try it and see if it improves. Can't make it any worse, can it?

Edited by Thorbard

Cheers for help,

Maybe some cables went away and you attached them in the wrong position/polarity?

Just guessing.

Ciao!