M14 Picture Thread

Nope, it's a TM M14 Woodstock. I painted the stock OD green and the heatshield brown with some Krylon.

EDIT: Just so I don't have to start a new thread, what kinds of bi pods would work on the M14? Any kind with that adapter? I am currently looking at a King Arms Harris Bipod.

Edited by Badly Browned
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, it's a TM M14 Woodstock. I painted the stock OD green and the heatshield brown with some Krylon.

ah i see !

the OD without texturing to it, threw me off :D

i'm liking the brown + OD... might have to give the OD stock a go afterall when it gets here :)

edit: i got this one from gunnerairsoft. i like it alot,cheap,sturdy and it looks good!

But i don't know if the TM stock has the little hole in the stock to fit the bipodstub... :unsure:

edit: i would rate that bipod higher then the Classic Army harris clone i used to own btw !

Edited by sturgis
I had a G&G M14...didnt really like it...but that damn TM SOC 16 is really...really...really growing on me. I NEED MORE MONEY!  :o  :flamed:

Yea the G&G ones arent to great one of my friends has one...the TM ones on the other hand are well beyond amazing...I dont think I will ever shoot anything else after having a few M14s now...I have been playing with them for like a 1.5 years and they still never fail to amaze me..everything about them is nearly flawless haha...anyway long live the brotherhood guys!

-Mario

Yea the G&G ones arent to great one of my friends has one...the TM ones on the other hand are well beyond amazing...I dont think I will ever shoot anything else after having a few M14s now...I have been playing with them for like a 1.5 years and they still never fail to amaze me..everything about them is nearly flawless haha...anyway long live the brotherhood guys!

-Mario

I'd really liek to purchase one, but i need to save up for othre things...oh well, maybe near the end of the year....to bad this one just started :angry:

I will soon be a member of the brotherhood. My foray into the world of the M14 is with a AGM not the TM. I want to build it up to all metal and real wood so I wanted to go cost effective. Im thinking of going with the wood body from gunner and some real steel parts where possible.

I will soon be a member of the brotherhood. My foray into the world of the M14 is with a AGM not the TM. I want to build it up to all metal and real wood so I wanted to go cost effective. Im thinking of going with the wood body from gunner and some real steel parts where possible.

I believe the AGM (Matrix) one has all the same metal components the TM has.

I just wonder if you can fit it with a SOC 16 barrel.

Than how do you re-thread it?

Just chop the stock end of the barrel and drill three new holes. It's not that hard with a few tools. A drill press makes it easy. Just remember to measure twice and drill/cut once. :)

Here's my real steel inspiration. Springfied Armories M1A SOCOM 16.

40111.jpg

Or the M1A Scout Squad Rifle if you prefer to use the M14 flash hider.

ScoutSquadTop.jpg

To measure how much I needed to chop, I threw the SOCOM sight on for reference.

121905992-M.jpg

Outer Barrel Chopped (a regular pipe cutter works great)

121904373-M.jpg

Inner Barrel Chopped (remember to bevel the inside of the barrel tip). I didn't shorted the inner barrel very much and it extends into the flash hider.

121904417-M.jpg

Drilling the relocated mounting holes

121904461-M.jpg

Completed SOCOM 16 Outer Barrel Assembly

121904496-M.jpg

Ironically, I got all the parts to do the SOCOM 16 conversion about two weeks before TM announced the release of the new M14 CQB SOCOM. Drat!

Edited by fishsquatch

Just got done putting a Mod 0 outer barrel and tightbore inner on my M14 EBR. While it was open I swapped the stock motor to a Systema Magnum as well - holy fast trigger response, Batman (at shooting 100fps over forum limits straight as an arrow).

Here are some before and after shots to compare the two looks. I've kept the long outer barrel and tightbore inner, so I can swap between the two without too much work. Sorry for the lack of picture quality - these have been chopped to get the sizes roughly the same, but even so as the short barrel'd pics were taken closer up, they are still slightly larger, making it seem longer than it is. EBR+ Mod 0 is about a CQB as you're going to get with an M14 variant. I like it.

M14 EBR "Long Rifle"

gallery_9287_1037_3879.jpg

M14 EBR Mod 0

gallery_9287_1037_24961.jpg

Side by side comparo

gallery_9287_1037_72186.jpg

Forgive the photochoppage - by the time I got done putting the short barrel on and getting the magnum motor dialed in it was many hours later and 2am in the morning, so I could only roughly remember the picture angles.

Comments welcome (yes the short barrel is more "grey" than the stock one, thats not just the picture. Its the G&P short barrel Mod 0 kit, which comes with gas block, front sights and flashider)

Edited by Hillslam