M14 Picture Thread

looks very nice, guy with a gun. Do you use normal m14 mags with it?

no, I would bet it uses custom clips. I've seen this on WWII airsoft.

Indeed you are correct, it uses custom shortened M14 mags, once modded, they barely stick out of the magwell, as the normal mag would greatly take away from the look.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My sister just bought her BF one, it gets here on the 8th, i want to mess with it beore he gets it for his B-day to see if i want one ;)

My MP008 just arrived about half an hour ago, very good delivery from action hobbys. This is my first proper aeg, and to no surprise i discovered just how big and heavy this gun is. I have no problem holding it, i'm 5'11''. managed to get the scope on it, i bought the bipod version, pleased with it, though to assemble the bipod i have to remove the stock, was hoping the bipod would already be attached. its got a few white marks on it, like superglue or something, think i may have to spray over it, however the gun so far is great and ill tell you of any problems, ill put pics up later about those marks.

So i got to handle the evike Matrix M14 (I guess its Matrix/ UTG) and its pretty nice, very sturdy and lots of metal parts. I didnt fire it, but the only complaint visually was the stock, its not smooth, its kind of bubbly looking. But nothing a little sanding and repaint wont fix.

Yo - thought you guys might be able to help me.

Just got myself a STAR M14 SOPMOD, and it's stripped two spur gears now - one stock, and one TM.

I've replaced the spring with a 1J and reshimmed it - so what now?

I've got myself an ICS spur gear and some new metal bushings (that's what Zero One recommended to me) - so will that help? Any other ideas?

CC

Edited by casey_cole
Yo - thought you guys might be able to help me.

Just got myself a STAR M14 SOPMOD, and it's stripped two spur gears now - one stock, and one TM.

I've replaced the spring with a 1J and reshimmed it - so what now?

I've got myself an ICS spur gear and some new metal bushings  (that's what Zero One recommended to me) - so will that help?  Any other ideas?

CC

Sorry I don't know what you say but Star is re-releasing a version that does have full auto, is made of much higher quality materials, and doesn't suck.

And now for something not entirely different:

m14_tiger.jpg

Decided to get a little artistic with the paint scheme and applied some basic camouflage concepts. It's all freehand. I gave it a coat of finish so that it would last longer than an unfinished gun.

Colors: Krylon Camouflage Khaki, Olive Drab, and Brown.

As is typical, it looks better IRL than in this pic. I'll try getting some pics of it in natural light... when the snow melts... if I've not converted it into an EBR.