RECENT-EBR.jpg

+-----------------------------------+

TM M14 Olive Drab mounted in G&P EBR Mod 0 Kit (S) - Black

Classic Arm RIS Fore Girp

G&P Red Dot Scope

Magpul 7.62 - Olive Drab X 8

TM M14 Std Mags X 8

Currently it is stock - Shooting about 310 FPS - I am going to get used to the feel of the Beast before I approach the upgrade path.

Likely Upgrades

Tighter Barrel

Power Upgrades if I go down the Semi-Auto only DMR Route

Red Dot -> Mil Dot Scope if going DMR

RISGrip -> Verispod Grip thing - Does anyone know a good place to source one of these..?

Frag. Out.

paralax is where when you move your head the crosshairs move with it. with a paralax free scope cross hairs stay at zero no matter where your head is placed.

ive been reading through this thread - as im on the verge of getting an m14 my self!

when i came across this

- im not being argumentative or rude but i dont think your comment really makes sense! - the cross hairs of any scope do not move at all they stay where you put them unles they are knocked about or something.

please explain what you mean as i am confused.

paralax is the distance at which your scope is focused!

most cheaper scopes are focused at 35 - 100yards. - most scopes intended for full bore use are set at 100 yrds as this is often the distance used for a zero.

there are some airgun scopes (ags in particular) which focus their scopes at 35 yrds as this is teh typical airgun hunting range (also ideal for airsoft)

my own air rifle is scoped with a nikko stirling 4-12X42 scope which has a parralax adjuster - this means that i can focus it to almost any range

ie - if i have it adjusted to 35 yards - then look at something 300yrds aways - it is out of focus - yet if i adjust the paralax to infinite then it is in focus!

anyone got any more pics of an m14 with a scope and silencer as these look sweet

cheers

regards amsniper

ive been reading through this thread - as im on the verge of getting an m14 my self!

when i came across this

- im not being argumentative or rude but i dont think your comment really makes sense! - the cross hairs of any scope do not move at all they stay where you put them unles they are knocked about or something.

most cheaper scopes are focused at 35 - 100yards. - most scopes intended for full bore use are set at 100 yrds as this is often the distance used for a zero.

there are some airgun scopes (ags in particular) which focus their scopes at 35 yrds as this is teh typical airgun hunting range (also ideal for airsoft)

my own air rifle is scoped with a nikko stirling 4-12X42 scope which has a parralax adjuster - this means that i can focus it to almost any range

ie - if i have it adjusted to 35 yards - then look at something 300yrds aways - it is out of focus - yet if i adjust the paralax to infinite then it is in focus!

anyone got any more pics of an m14 with a scope and silencer as these look sweet

cheers

regards amsniper

hey just watch this video. http://www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s/49 the one named aimpoints in action. It will explain what parallax free means.

when i came across this

cheers

regards amsniper

"Parallax, or more accurately motion parallax (Greek: παραλλαγή (parallagé) = alteration) is the change of angular position of two stationary points relative to each other as seen by an observer, caused by the motion of an observer. Simply put, it is the apparent shift of an object against a background caused by a change in observer position."

Its like on a cheap red dot scope where if you move the red dot isn't on teh zero you put it at. Aim your finger at an object about 15 yards away now move your head to the left or right while not moving and staring at your finger, notice how its not pointed at teh same object? Thats parallax.

Got bored yesterday afternoon, so I tossed some random colors onto my m14 for fun. i was going to use flat black, but I put quite a bit on and couldn't see where I had painted! it blended in that well! It looked like it was still OD, but slightly less gloss. So I pickup up the rattle can of "Dark sea grey" and did some quick passes. I like it, suprised it turned out so well.

Picture005-1.jpg

P1000306.jpg

Edited by Fencepost
those poor M14s!  EBRs look like an M14 thats had everything good about it torn apart and rebuilt by a 4 year old using mechano and sticklebricks

lol, totally agree :D

really dislike the looks of the EBR  :(

Same, pure m14 do look so much better, saying that i am a fan of the od m14 :S

I'll take the function of the EBR over the form of the M14, every day of the week.

So will members of the US Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and SOCOM.