M14 Picture Thread

Scoped14.jpg

Added a Leaper's scope and Weaver rings. A GI birch wood stock is on the work bench for modification, I started drilling this morning. I'm also looking at adding a cheekpiece from eHobby as well as a sling - these damn scopes make the gun a heck of a lot heavier, and the wood won't make it any lighter.

I wanted an M1 scope replica, but the only place in the US that has them for a good price uses Google Checkout, and I didn't want to register my card info on yet ANOTHER site.

Current internal upgrade is just a Madbull tightbore and some reinforcement of the front section. Since someone will ask, this is the Kart M66b (the full metal one) sold as a TSD gun.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've finally caved in and ordered an M14. I PM'd a mate about resisting the temptation - and failing to hold out. This is what Rosco151 had to say to me....

'Fear not, you haven't failed, you have in fact made the greatest realisation of your airsofting life. By giving in to this temptation you are stronger.

The M14 is the physical embodiment of the airsoft god, no matter whether it's incarnation is of TM, CA or AGM clone.

This is your first step along the path of airsoft Zen. Forget the throngs of M4 owners, the multitude of G36 wielders. Even those who seem unworthy to carry the God-Rifle have some spark of greatness within.

Reach out and touch someone with the power of the divine, brother. Snipe their *albatross* with the long-arm of Saint Shughart.'

I would be honoured to join the M14 Brotherhood :D

really, congrats on getting a M14. I'm also the owner of a M14, but I've noticed an alarming trend of the M14 becoming the new M4. Rail after rail, the M14 is beginning to look more like a M4 by the day, and I have a feeling that it'll only get worse...

really, congrats on getting a M14. I'm also the owner of a M14, but I've noticed an alarming trend of the M14 becoming the new M4. Rail after rail, the M14 is beginning to look more like a M4 by the day, and I have a feeling that it'll only get worse...

Eh, those kinds of people will all get EBRs eventualy. The purists(like me) will have wood stocks and plain rifles, and will all have better looking guns that those of the RIS whores. It's the way things work. In the end, it just means more M14s on the field :)

Oh, and here's a sort of blurry pic of my pure M14.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture014ta1.jpg

Edited by hsimoorb
You have very cool M14s guys!

I have seen a lot of chopped M14 socoms in this topic. Was it hard to do? Did you have to change to a new cylinder to fit the new barrel length?

Thanks!

Chopping easy to do if you have a few tools.

M14 Barrel Chop Pics

Based on the performance of my chopped M14, the difference in the barrel lengths is not significant enough to justify a new cylinder. Plus the new TM SOC16s have the exact same internals as the M14.

Edited by fishsquatch