M14 Picture Thread

anybody have any experience using 3 point slings?  i just found my old one and it's a pain to use for some reason.

Dunno if anyone has suggested it but I use a single point sling on my Socom, tried several 3 point slings and none of em worked very well as the gun ended up round your angles if you wanted enough movement when shouldering the gun :rolleyes:

I got this one Single Point Sling although I think I also used a bit from another sling though :blink:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd just like to say a BIG Thank you to everyone whos posted pic's so far. You have caused me to get even further in debt by fueling my desire for a M14 with your lovley pictures.....

I shall post some piccys ASAP (can't wait until Sunday now!)

Sorry another non Picture question here..... But it is M14 related.

Do the G&P Midcaps work ok & are they Metal. Justr asking as I pick up my M14 on sunday & want to know before I go out & buy some midcaps for it

cheers

chris

Sorry another non Picture question here..... But it is M14 related.

Do the G&P Midcaps work ok & are they Metal.  Justr asking as I pick up my M14 on sunday & want to know before I go out & buy some midcaps for it

cheers

chris

G&P's have issues.

I'd recommend getting some Deepfire 70 rounders, they are metal, feed really good, and are only like $7.00

i get this guilty feeling for liking the ebr. soo sexy.....

I finally got my M14, i'll write up a review this weekend after some battle testing but I havent had the gun for more then 13 minutes and CA's flaws are showing already. I have MAJOR complaints about the heatshield which seriously feels worse then the TM one in regards to stability, i can almost fold the CA one in half. The other complaint is it takes forever to get the inards away from the stock, you have to disassemble the gas block to get it apart. In the process of doing this i have already snapped the thin POS plastic selector arm and Now i'm stuck in semi and I can switch to full auto but to get it back i have to shoot a bunch while aiming at the ground to get semi back. I plan on upgrading it as soon as I can rely on my M4 more but daaang I was hoping not to have seen the dreaded TM selector arm rod... My last final greif is the butt end is made of a metal shoulder rest and back plate but plastic door that is in the wrong place and feels week. I plan on seeing if the metal from a real one will mount to the back because its driving me nuts and i'm not picky...

Everything else is really nice. Redwolf managed to get customs to make me pay extra to get it... fortunately all trades still intact :)

EDIT: G&G Midcaps work in CA M14's!

Last Edit I promises :) Picture!

Picture1CAm14.jpg

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
Welcome back to the brotherhood. :)

What kind of scope do you have on there? My cheapo scope managed to get some water in it, so I am in need of a new one.

It's a $60 Leapers scope that I bought a long time ago off of shortyUSA. 4x32 and it works fairly nicely I just wish the crosshair was illuminated but thats ok :) I've submerged the scope in water to remove sand and dirt from the moving parts on it and its still water tight :)

I finally got my M14, i'll write up a review this weekend after some battle testing but I havent had the gun for more then 13 minutes and CA's flaws are showing already.  I have MAJOR complaints about the heatshield which seriously feels worse then the TM one in regards to stability, i can almost fold the CA one in half.  The other complaint is it takes forever to get the inards away from the stock, you have to disassemble the gas block to get it apart.  In the process of doing this i have already snapped the thin POS plastic selector arm and Now i'm stuck in semi and I can switch to full auto but to get it back i have to shoot a bunch while aiming at the ground to get semi back.  I plan on upgrading it as soon as I can rely on my M4 more but daaang I was hoping not to have seen the dreaded TM selector arm rod...  My last final greif is the butt end is made of a metal shoulder rest and back plate but plastic door that is in the wrong place and feels week.  I plan on seeing if the metal from a real one will mount to the back because its driving me nuts and i'm not picky...

O_o

That seems like a lot went wrong considering its a CA. I hope they're not having serious QC issues with this gun. Thanks actually, because my friend is trying to decide between TM and CA and that post might convert him to TM for good.

Beautiful gun, regardless.