M14 Picture Thread

Just completed 'weathering' my TM M14 and w/ ACM Wood kit. :)

Before: As red as your mum's bedroom furniture... :P

M14B4.png

After: A hardened veteran of conflict ;)

M14Weathered1_med.png

M14Weathered4_med.png

VietnamGear3_med.png

M14Weathered3_med.png

Slainte!

-G

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guinness that is one nice M14, but what kind of heat shield do you have in the front? It doesn't look right with the dark aged looking wood.

Thanx Delta!

That is the TM black plastic handguard painted brown like the early M14's had :)

Actually the early M14s had black hand guards, they were then replaced by the brown fiberglass ones. The EARLY EARLY M14s had wood ones, but they were done away with because they would catch fire after 300 or so rounds were fired in quick succession.

I agree with kliskey thats the most amazing m14/m21 i've ever seen. :o

I do have one question though wood: Is it just me or are your fist two pics taken on the back of a pick-up parked on the side of a road? just wondering what people thought! :blink:

Actually the early M14s had black hand guards, they were then replaced by the brown fiberglass ones. The EARLY EARLY M14s had wood ones, but they were done away with because they would catch fire after 300 or so rounds were fired in quick succession.

"The very first hand guards for the U. S. M14 were made of walnut. These were very quickly changed to a slotted fiberglass model. The slotted fiberglass hand guards were found to be fragile and caused mirage over the barrel on rapid fire. So, a solid fiberglass hand guard became the standard. USGI solid hand guards were made in at least four color variations, coffee, brown, dark brown and black"

Looks like we both get to be right, I love it when that happens ;)

Source: http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/M14rhd_format_9aug.pdf

Edited by Guinness

Picture update:

DSC00569.jpg

What do you guys think?

The bipods will actually be black or OD but those ones are a mix of khaki and OD i believe. I may get a cheekpad aswell with some inert 7.62 ammo in the side. I would get a Kydex cheekrest if i could find one...

Just realised how big that picture is! :o

Edited by webbjay
Picture update:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/j...07/DSC00569.jpg

What do you guys think?

The bipods will actually be black or OD but those ones are a mix of khaki and OD i believe. I may get a cheekpad aswell with some inert 7.62 ammo in the side. I would get a Kydex cheekrest if i could find one...

Just realised how big that picture is!  :o

Hmm... I never thought a railed, non-EBR looked so nice... Good job! ^_^

Cheers guys. Its a Nitro.Vo RAS system. They have it over at WGC although i did not get it from there. It came with the gun through a swap. I was looking at the G&P sniper RAS but i could not really justify having 2 different RAS systems. After all, you can only fit one!

Does anybody know where I can get a Kydex cheek rest?

Cheers guys.