M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chilldrdude, how is the eye relief on that scope?

I've got a Bausch and Lomb 3-9x on one of my mini-14s - it's the scope pictured in my sig, actually - but I'm not sure I want to dismount it for this gun just to find out that the eye relief is too short to be able to use the cheekpiece at a reasonable length of pull. Thanks.

3 clicks out is where i run it. 4 clicks out if i'm not wearing any load bearing gear. Eye relief is spot on with my cheek at the forward edge of the cheek weld plate.

i believe exit pupil length is measured at 4.5" for my scope.

thanks for the compliments on the paint job.

i purchased the spray paint from Brownells. The brand is "Aervoe" Camouflage Paint. I used Sand, Earth Brown, and Olive Drab.

I feel that magnifications greater than 4x are probably overkill for airsoft. At 4X, i can track the entire flight path of the BB within my field of view at my "usual" engagment distance.

For those interested, i'm running M100 spring with TanioKoba twist barrel. I can PM you my chrono numbers if you wish. Although i lose some standoff distance when compared with dedicated bolt guns, I'm very pleased with the accuracy and i can still go full auto if SHTF. :P

Edited by chillindrdude
3 clicks out is where i run it.  4 clicks out if i'm not wearing any load bearing gear.  Eye relief is spot on with my cheek at the forward edge of the cheek weld plate.

i believe exit pupil length is measured at 4.5" for my scope.

thanks for the compliments on the paint job.

i purchased the spray paint from Brownells.  The brand is "Aervoe" Camouflage Paint.  I used Sand, Earth Brown, and Olive Drab.

I feel that magnifications greater than 4x are probably overkill for airsoft.  At 4X, i can track the entire flight path of the BB within my field of view at my "usual" engagment distance.

Neglected to mention it before, but that is a very well done paint job.

I swap optics back and forth between real steel and my airsoft stuff, so the 3-9 is closest for the work this gun will do (other glass I have at the moment are 6-24x and 20x fixed for varmints...may add a 4.5x14 Leupold soon, we'll see).

I like 3x or 4x for airsoft ranges. Allows for maintaining sight of your bb and the transition as you mount the rifle is smooth with lower magnification vs. a 6x or 10x setting. The higher ranges are unused for the most part.

My PTW wears an aimpoint 3x w/side flip mount and an EOTech that's just about perfect for what we do. That setup, however, wouldn't work (or look right, lol) on the EBR.

yep, sand base. 

the paint also wears very nicely.  after one game i have already have a nice worn in look to the gun.

yeah its great stuff, i want to get a couple cans of it to paint my stock, probably Sand and what color is that on top of the sand? Dark Earth?

Here is my M14 atm, only thing done is steel bushings and a 170% spring. Plans are to paint the stock and heatshield a nice camo combo, and get a scope mount.

tmm14we1.jpg

tmm143iw1.jpg

tmm142pg7.jpg

Edited by Milla

nice milla :)

my RAS hasn't come in yet, it's in customs atm, and i'm hoping to find it at my door in a few hours ( and a few pictures for ya'll when i get back from work), and hopefully not another letter with customs tripe like i got last thursday for my PDI fronsight, but that has been resolved so hopefully it will arrive here tomorrow aswell...

If only my M14 were here :( haven't even been able to try out the new flashhider i got for it, as it is still in the shop...

Edited by sturgis

What EBR kit is it you have chillindrdude?

And also, depending on kit I guess, how long innerbarrell did you go for?

Acording to the G&P manual, I should make the barrel 30mm shorter.

My fear is now that I should loose some of the extreme precision that comes with my TM rifle.

Compared to other rifles that uses the same FTK as I do, my rifle shoots longer and a hell of a lot straighter.

Hope you understand my kind of bad english... :flamed:

I wouldn't cut the innerbarrel, but get a socom innerbarrel instead. I have a 433mm one in mine and it fits fine, could be a cm or 1.5cm longer though. The EBR outerbarrel is exactly the same length as the socom one.

Edited by tomster

its the G&P "Shorty" BER kit i believe. I bought this gun used from a friend of mine. its got a custom cut, lapped TK rifled barrel. the barrel extends all the way to the tip of the vortex flashhider for maximal barrel length.

best 600 bucks i've ever spent :D

Edited by chillindrdude

I cut my stock barrel with a bog standard 50 year old pipe cutter. Not difficult at all. Then once you have cut the end off you can use the triangular extension on the end of the pipe cutter for rounding off any burrs on the inside of the barrel.

I have a prometheus barrel in it now which i had to cut down with a dremel as it was too hard for the pipe cutter. Still used the same extension for rounding the burrs off.

It's not difficult and aslong as you properly round the burrs off the inside (with what is essentially a triangular piece of metal) so it's nice and smooth you should lose any of the "extreme precision that comes with my TM rifle"

you can also get rid of the burs with a drill bit.

With a pipe cutter you HAVE to make sure you go slow too. you do not want to tighten it down too fast or you will warp it. Less than you would be able to see. Also with the deburring, with a bit or other device, cut in a little bit to make sure you clear any wrap of the metal.

hmm, i'm not sure... the MC doesn't look right to me on the M14...looks abit odd to me.

for those that got intrested in that CYMA RAS i linked to a few pages back, mine has come in today :bounce:

As i said in the newstopic about it, i was expecting a heavy lump of cast metal, but was quite surprised to find a lightweight piece of good looking metal :)

at first sight i thought this was a machined RAS rather then a castjob, however while taking pictures and looking over it abit more thouroughly i did spot some, what i think are, castdimples, but i can't say for sure...

M14RAS1.JPG

RAS comes with 2 black railcovers, screws to put it in place, and a strange piece of metal... DOES NOT come with the little rear RAS part that goes on the receiver to fit a scope, unless mine is missing from the kit :unsure:

looks hot though :D

M14RAS2.JPG

frontside close up

M14RAS3.JPG

rearside close up

M14RAS4.JPGtop side

DSC00618sm.JPG

inside of the RAS

Unfortunatly i don't have my M14 at home at the moment, so i can't try to fit it :( i did hold it to a spare stock i have lying around, and it sure looks very sexy indeed :wub:

No manual was included however, and i was wondering if someone with a KA/G&P/.. RAS can tell me what this little metal strip does? i'm hoping it didn't break off the insides of the frontside :unsure:

DSC00620sm.JPG

for 75$ shipped i'm well pleased by the apperent quality of it

Edited by sturgis
no cyma and clone parts here.... ;)

well, first thing that came to mind when looking at the box it came in was: hmm is this a King arms clone? and after seeing yours, it seems it is :)

i'm not bothered it isn't a "name brand", got enough "name brand" parts on my other guns, to conclude this RAS really is quite well made.

and yeah, i figured out what that metal strip is for. :)

Edited by sturgis

so my soc 16 is back from the shop after getting a lot of internal work done. I finally got to shoot it today and wow , the accuracy is just amazing on m14's, and i can only imagine how the range is with the full version.

i'll get pix up when im done getting all the parts I want