M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow that sick! Did you just use like the mesh stuff to do that because im planning on doing that tomorrow.

Thanks sir, yes i used the mesh netting used as packaging from a pair of kneepads. Also just finished painting my Aimpoint replica in khaki. Will try to post better pics when I get to borrow a better camera :-)

Thanks sir, yes i used the mesh netting used as packaging from a pair of kneepads. Also just finished painting my Aimpoint replica in khaki. Will try to post better pics when I get to borrow a better camera :-)

you know i was thinking of using mesh to point my soc as well (albeit it with different colors) and im glad you posted those pix, cuz now i know how awesome it looks! gj

I'm used to play with US Desert 3 collors camo, so I decided to paint my G&G SOC16 with that pattern.

I like a lot.

soc1.jpg

soc.jpg

Used paints:

Krylon brown, kacki

Tamya green sky

STUNTMAN

PS: Fluorescent red flash hider... it's our portuguese law!

Edited by STUNTMAN

VERY nice work on that 14 stuntman, but its not the best pattern for a weapon IMHO. I think a more "standard" paint job would actually conceal better, (Never mind that orange tip). Id say look at the painted weapons thread for some ideas.

I'm actually working on a Guide now, I should have it up in a few days.

Let me just say this- I'm not criticizing your work, I just think its not the best for concealment.

RR

Edited by Plymouth Roadrunner
VERY nice work on that 14 stuntman, but its not the best pattern for a weapon IMHO. I think a more "standard" paint job would actually conceal better, (Never mind that orange tip). Id say look at the painted weapons thread for some ideas.

I'm actually working on a Guide now, I should have it up in a few days.

Let me just say this- I'm not criticizing your work, I just think its not the best for concealment.

RR

Thanks a lot for the tip... I only made it to blend with my gear!

I'll wait for your guide... i'm learning to do it even better!

Thanks once more!

STUNTMAN

Anyone know if this rail set will fit on the Classic Army M14 match?:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1263

Sorry to ask in here, but I figured yall knew more about this than anyone else. Thanks.

BTW, nice rifles! Love the EBRs, its too bad that there are clone EBRs now, it seemed like before if you had an EBR, you were a god, now your just a regular clone card carrier.

After hefting an ECHO1/Kart EBR at a game the other day and just about disembowling myself, I think I'll stick with the G&P kitted EBR that I own. Holy God that thing was heavy, and ALL of the weight was forward of the mag well.

Edit: Sorry not to answer your question about the RAS, but it's better to remain silent and let others think you a fool, etc. etc.

Edited by Wupjak
Just took the plunge and bought a TM M14 ( a gun which I've wanted for soo long ) Just can't decide wether to give it a wood stock or go for the mk14 ebr look :rolleyes: Any thoughts :)

Plus I'll post pics as soon as :)

EBRs are overly heavy, unballanced and fugly. you dont need 4 rails. you might want one for a scope if you're going that route (in which case use a much nicer looking standard M14 scope mount), and possibly one for a bipod, but you could just barrel mount or attach a bipod stud thingy. a tac light or laser on an M14 would be utterly ridiculous. so with a couple of cheap add-ons you can have all the advantages of an EBR with the added bonus of better ballance and looking nicer. as for the adjustable stock, WHO GIVES A DAMN? it makes hardly any difference.

i'd say go for the purdy, vietnam era woodstocked version.

Aww my_plague, you conveniently forgot to include the well-documented facts that EBRs hate children, kittens and dogs of all kinds, too.

I have an EBR as well as a Scout length M14. I like them for different reasons. The Scout is WAY easier to carry around. The EBR is just so mean looking. I don't necessarily disagree with my_plague about the weight or balance, but I DO like the looks. I'm one of those who appreciates any version of the M14 as long as it's not festooned with christmas lights and fiberoptic spinning doo-dads.

EBRs are overly heavy, unballanced and fugly. you dont need 4 rails. you might want one for a scope if you're going that route (in which case use a much nicer looking standard M14 scope mount), and possibly one for a bipod, but you could just barrel mount or attach a bipod stud thingy. a tac light or laser on an M14 would be utterly ridiculous. so with a couple of cheap add-ons you can have all the advantages of an EBR with the added bonus of better ballance and looking nicer. as for the adjustable stock, WHO GIVES A DAMN? it makes hardly any difference.

i'd say go for the purdy, vietnam era woodstocked version.

All too true. No one ever uses an M14 in low light conditions. :rolleyes:

As far as the stock being adjustable, I'd imagine people with shorter arms care. So that they too can effectively shoulder and fire the rifle. Thus the movement to have adjustable stocks on both M16s, M249s, etc. in the US military, Law Enforcement, etc.

Edited by Agent Hunk
Decided to just go for the old skool look, gonna fit a nice scope and maybe a harris style bi-pod (just for looks ;) ) How would it fit onto the m14? Sorry if that's a stupid question :)

Thanks for the advice :D

Buy a Guarder Bipod Pin Adaptor for the TM M14. Found mine on ebay for cheap, works great on my CA M14 ;)

i love my EBR, its a versatile weapon once you get used to the weight. slap on a bipod and 1-4x scope and its a DMR weapon. slap on a CCO, shorten the LOP and its a formidable MOUT/CQB weapon.

i'd use the full length of the top rail for a scope + NVG

i'd use the side rails for flashlight and/or PEQ2

i'd use the bottom rail for a QD bipod

so please keep your EBR hate to yourself