M14 Picture Thread

Those half *albatross* EBR's look like *beep*... That's a nice M14 you have there currently fishsquatch, I'm not sure which I like the most... Old school M14 or the modern DMR... Hmmm!

My goal is to have the flexibility to swap from the DMR set-up to the old school M14 in a matter of minutes. Once the DMR wiring is sorted out, it should be pretty straight forward to swap the motor and body.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is an old picture. He doesn't even own a silencer, it is mine and was only on to cover that horrible orange plastic flashider it ships with. It now has the proper marui metal flashider and sight tower. It has been through a few other paintjobs too... Now it is back to black, although he will probably paint the thing again...

Forgive me for posting a "What am best gun" question, but after searching I've heard so many good things about all makes of the m14 from cyma, TM, G&G, and Classic army. What is the general consensus on the best performing stock m14? I’m looking for accuracy and reliability.

TOKYO MARUI M14's....FOREVER

there done and done

lol. i really don't suggest you post that here. let's all watch the fighting ensue...

i obviously have a +1 for TM

Forgive me for posting a "What am best gun" question, but after searching I've heard so many good things about all makes of the m14 from cyma, TM, G&G, and Classic army. What is the general consensus on the best performing stock m14? I’m looking for accuracy and reliability.

TM, or CA, Or G&G, pick your poison, each performs very well stock in its own respective right.

For me, the best performance I've seen out of a stock M14 (That is CA, TM, G&G non Vet, AGM, Kart, G&G Vet, Echo1) is definetly a CA. There are several reasons why I think that, compared to MY let me underline bold and italicize that, MY TM M14 that I previously had, the CA had better range, higher FPS, higher ROF, and again in MY oppinion was the most solid. Now let me breif you on my experience with Generation 1 TM M14's (as if they are really generationalized, but the first batch the US recieved) Mine self destructed after about 6 months of use in what I would consider normal use, not too rough, but some what rough. Literally the metal body decided that the Operating Rod would no longer stay in the track, the peice under the operating rod snapped in half, the Hop up adjustment wheel broke, the threads on the scope mount hole stripped out because the scope mount I was using had a better screw material (The proper size too before anyone points and goes, HEY!), I lost the stripper clip holder (fell off in a game) and the Bolt cover snapped the tooth off that keeps the left side in the track.

NOW, internally I could not fault the gun, it was running fine until i took it apart (being my first AEG) Once I got it running smoothly I had already sold it since It ran stock for about 5 months and during its 6th I sold it in frustration to a friend who bought the AGM M14 as his first airsoft gun (I couldnt let that happen).

My CA is crazy good. I've spent probably close to $800 on her (shipping included!) and here is what I've got

Systema Magnum

Guarder Pinion Gear

Systema Torque Up Gears

Prometheus Hard Piston

Area1000 Pistonhead w/out thrust bearing

Prometheus V3 Bearing SpringGuide

Prometheus Shims (:P)

Madbull 6.03mm x 509mm Tightbore

Stock Hop up Rubber

Big Out H Hop Up and custom hop up mod (Makes for more positive adjustment on the dial)

Guarder M*** Spring

5x G&G M14 78round Standards

Scope mount (affectionetly stolen from my TM, because it works :P)

Slew of Scopes

Rock Mount Harris Bipod (Spring Eject)

This gun shoots 530-540fps (havent truely chronoed but I can tell just by the range i'm getting) on an 8.4v 3500 mAh battery I get 15 RPS (If I leave it in FA, which I dont truely have!) and about 280feet of accurate range. 280 feet and I can hit a man sized target 8 out of 10 times.

Now thats not to say you cant achieve the same out of another gun but I personally would not rely on the TM gearbox to hold an M150 spring for terribly long before it failed. Heck somepeople have reported in semi normal weather their gearbox cracking stock (probably an extreme case but enough so for me)

Then again some People have had TERRIBLE trouble with the CA and G&G M14's, most of which have been sorted out by now. Again I just bought the first generation of the gun :P

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
My brand new AGM M14

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4613/dsc01924gc9.jpg

As you can see, I have to camoed up for lego land.

Just ignore the AK

Personally, I think it looks quite snazzy :P

Well, I guess the upside is that at least you can still airsoft. May not have quite as much fun factor as before, but at least it's there.

I'm just curious to see how much violent crime will go away with the VCR bill. This has been tried before...it didn't work.