M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments.

As for the paint job, it was a pain for me. It was going to be MARPAT but being as no place actually sells the brown I need in the brand I need, it just kinda became what it is. I printed out a MARPAT image onto sheets for overhead projectors. I took an exact-o knife and cut the color sections out, so I had 1 sheet for every color. Than I just based the gun, and over lapped 1 color at a time. I was able to lay about 3 sections than a break for drying, so the template didn't smudge. Took a couple of hours but after some patience it got done. I think the worst was just cutting the details out. Can't quite decide if I want to paint the TM yet, I kinda actually like the OD. If I did anything it would be a OD/Black shadow mix like the cheek rest.

The short mag was a learning experience though. If I can find the right tools I may make more. :D

Edited by Husker

its good no glossy heat shield like on other acm m14s. im currently painting it. right now its sorta a khaki color. couldnt find that green at michaels... D: o well it looks ok right now i like it alot better than wood. im just debating whether or not to start upgrading this or fix my m4 and mp5... either way all gonna cost me some money