M14 Picture Thread

And just for all you guys a video of the bolt in action!

Get a box of tissues ready!

Shoot it! Shoot it! Shoot it!

I saw a G&G M14 yesterday. It was out of commission, so I didn't get to shoot it, but I could slide the bolt on that one just like the TM (well, they are supposed to have the same design, aren't they?). And a funniest thing says on the bolt of the G&G M14 when you slide it back, you see the text "Capital of greedy island". None of us knows what that means. :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shoot it!  Shoot it!  Shoot it!

I saw a G&G M14 yesterday.  It was out of commission, so I didn't get to shoot it, but I could slide the bolt on that one just like the TM (well, they are supposed to have the same design, aren't they?).  And a funniest thing says on the bolt of the G&G M14 when you slide it back, you see the text "Capital of greedy island".  None of us knows what that means. :lol:

Capital of greedy Island is refereing to Taiwan and the capital Taipei, it's an inside joke and a slap in the face to Communist China that refere to Taiwan as the greedy Island. (You heard it hear first!)

Oh and don't worry the correct trades are on the Bolt!

Edited by FarEast
Very cool vid.

Arent the heatshields on the real steel m14 polymer based?  I didnt think they were metal.

I wouldn't know having never fired an M14 :D although I went through about 130 real steal guns at the Blackhole show.......including a FAMAS. I wish Arnie would hurry up and post the review and photos of the show.

Very cool vid.

Arent the heatshields on the real steel m14 polymer based?  I didnt think they were metal.

######[ guys Just had another look at the M14 .....well if the heatsheild is polymer you will all be very happy with the TM M14 as it is NOT metal...... just very high quility finishing. It was cold to the touch and as I was very excited bout all the other parts didn't really pay attention until you guys pointed that out.

Very cool vid.

No...heatshields are not metal (it would get rather hot if the were!). :)

Yes, the first set of 1959 Springfield M14's had wooden hand guards (black walnut). From my understanding, these are rather rare and I have never actually seen one in person.

My M1A handguard is Fulton and made of a composite material. In th early 60's, USGI M-14's had "slotted" handgurads. This is what I'm using for my E2 (pics on my site). It also appear to be made of a composite, fiber-glass, like material. Unlike the modern handguard, it's EXTREMELY fragile and started to chip at the corners.

Hope this helps! :)

OK, You must tell us what's special bout the V7 mech?

Alex "Col Sanders"

Ok the reason it is specail is due to the fact that the Hop-Up is upside down compared to other TM guns also the it is more compact than others while still using the EG700 which as you can see from the picture goes in at a funny angle.

Fareast, do you know when they are going to be releasing the scope mount?

are there any other accessories they're releasing imminently?

Jealousy is a terrible TERRIBLE thing  :rvbteam:

thanks

RobbyC

they said all the TM parts, scope mount, scope, High-Caps and low caps will be available on the 10th of this month.

Not really what a meant, probably didn't phrase that right, on the real M14 to my knowledge you can hold down a button to have the bolt handle remain locked open when loading, then to release it you give it a slight tug and it goes forward again. This would be useful when setting the hopup and whatnot.

Nah, OD looks much better imho!

But did the use it in Black Hawk Down? I don't think so :waggle:

I kid, I kid :P

Fareast, for reference, how tall are you?  I ask because I dont know if the m14 would be overwhelming for a person my size, though I imagine it would.

Also, shame on you for not getting the faux wood stock :waggle:  ;)

Sorry can't stand the wood finish.....just not my thing.

I'm 188cm if that is any help.