M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a couple pics of my pride and joy :)

i love my G&G M14... it fires as nice as my M4 (was TM... basically EVERY part replaced with systema or gaurder its a DREAM) and thats with only an M120, the gearbox is so nice sounding and it fires with an amazing ROF and incredible accuracy... i <3 my G&G M14

post-1333-1125113040_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1125113062_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1125113084_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1125113104_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1125113145_thumb.jpg

Edited by M4guy624
  • 2 weeks later...

Because I'm sure we're all tired of seeing my M14 project:

Received my Fulton Armory M14 handguard, installs easy enough, also received my wood stock. This two tone color pattern may be your thing, it may not, but here it is:

DSC00051.JPG

DSC00052.JPG

And here's the wood stock, this is gonna be a real pain in the *albatross* to make fit, I know I can do it, how long is the question:

DSC00046.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

Here's some cheap photoshoppery, but if I can pull it off this gun will look spectacular:

stockcomp8zd.jpg

hey awesome gun it looks soooooooo good. how much heavier do you think it is now with the real wood stock? where did you buy the wood stock from? how much? was it hard to put on the gun? thanks a lot for the help!

Well, I don't have it installed, if you read the post I say it's a photoshop composite. I'd say with the wood stock it'll only be marginally heavier, we'll see. As for fitting it, I'll document the process over the next week or so, it could be straightforward, or it could be impossible. The hole for the motor is particularly tricky.

As for where i got it, there are a billion parts out for the M1A/M14 on the net, I just went online and found a dealer with a walnut USGI stock. You should make sure to get one with a rear notch cut out for the selector switch, otherwise you'll have to cut that out yourself. I have since removed that brown handguard, as I've replaced it with a USGI fiberglass one that will look much better.

I dont really know where to put this, so Ill put it here:

I just received my Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel (509mm/M16 length) and it requires a slight modification to fit the M14;

The Prometheus barrel is about 4-5mms longer at the rear of the barrel, and the slots where the hopup clamps onto the barrel are thus put 4-5mms farther up than the stock barrel. If you plan on installing a barrel not meant for the TM M14, youll have to notch out some slots on the side of the barrel. Not very difficult if you know what your doing.

For those unsure of what Im rambling about, heres a picture:

m14barreldiagram1.jpg

(sorry, didnt think to get a picture of the new barrel before I installed it)

Just a heads up..

I dont really know where to put this, so Ill put it here:

I just received my Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel (509mm/M16 length) and it requires a slight modification to fit the M14;

The Prometheus barrel is about 4-5mms longer at the rear of the barrel, and the slots where the hopup clamps onto the barrel are thus put 4-5mms farther up than the stock barrel. If you plan on installing a barrel not meant for the TM M14, youll have to notch out some slots on the side of the barrel. Not very difficult if you know what your doing. 

For those unsure of what Im rambling about, heres a picture:

(sorry, didnt think to get a picture of the new barrel before I installed it)

Just a heads up..

Yea, I did that and it worked. The only thing is the Prometheus barrel 's diameter is smaller than the inner diameter of the outer barrel, so if you just put it in it will wobble inside and accuracy is horrible. You will need to wrap some tape around as spacers which solves the problem completely. I also wrapped around some electric tape at the front of the hopup chamber to make the conenction with the barrel more solid..(even thou I have cut the notches to fit which should work by itself)

hey when you say that there are thousands of websites put there selling parts for the M1A/M14 do you mean airsoft websites or real steel websites? is it compatible to use real steel parts on the TM M14 airsoft gun? also, as for the wood stock would that also HAVE TO BE and airsoft m14 stock or would the real steel m14 stock work? does the real steel have a place for the battery in the back, and does it install the same way as the airsoft version? thanks. any other tips lemme know!

The websites are real steel website. You may not be able to have the parts shipped to your area or state depending on the law in your area. COmpatibility with real steel may or may not be an issue. Depends on how closly the manufacture copied the weapon. Real steel stocks will fit but with major modification. You will need to drill out a space for the motor, battery wires, and battery. I hope this helps.

Just FYI, at this point I'm going to build a wood stock from a block of walnut that I purchased. The reason being is that real stock WILL NOT fit. The main problem is that the neck of the stock is about 1/4th of an inch too thin, so even if you get the motor to fit the amount of wood around that area becomes dangerously thin. I'll upload some pics that show what I'm talking about. Real handguards will fit, just to make that clear, I'm also modifying a real operating rod as that looks like it will fit as well. But just to make it clear, if you're not prepared to make a stock from scratch you'll have to wait till companies like Guarder, CAW, or Carrot, offer composite or wood stocks, hopefully they may do that in 6 months or less.

there are many different makes of real steel M14 stocks. The best candidate for conversion to an airsoft stock would be a "big red birch". Birch because it's stronger than walnut, "big red" are M14 stocks that have a beefier grip area than standard M14 stocks.

A guy I know who did his (Blastyman on that AirsoftPlayers.com thread) based it on a Big Red Birch stock. Time will tell how it holds up.

Of relevance is that G&G are planning to sell a Walnut wood stock for the G&G M14 for $100. Would seem to be much easier, albeit more expensive, to convert a G&G wood stock to a TM M14 .. than the patient effort to convert a real M14 stock over.

Of course choosing a TM specific wood stock would be the easiest, but my assumption is that the Guarder wood kit for an M14 will be lovely .. and cost more than the gun.

egg

Edited by eggman

I do what I can, BOW DOWN!

eggman, do you know a good way of getting in contact with blastyman, to ask him some questions about how he did his conversion?

I have decided to purchase a Heavy Walnut stock, this is the walnut equivalent of the Big Red Birch stock. So we'll see how it goes. As I mentioned, if you look purely at the standard USGI stock the neck is just dangerously too thin to all for the motor. So the oversized stock should be a WHOLE lot safer to bore down into with a drill press.

im going to go with the g&g walnut stock since it is made for airsoft. what type of modifications do you think would have to be made to fit it to the TM version? Also, by looking at the pics of the G&G walnut stock it looks very light in color opposed to the dark color of the real steel walnut stocks, but it oculd just be hte picture. does anyone know where to find more information on the G&G m14 walnut stock or where to find any pictures of it???