M14 Picture Thread

im going to go with the g&g walnut stock since it is made for airsoft. what type of modifications do you think would have to be made to fit it to the TM version? Also, by looking at the pics of the G&G walnut stock it looks very light in color opposed to the dark color of the real steel walnut stocks, but it oculd just be hte picture. does anyone know where to find more information on the G&G m14 walnut stock or where to find any pictures of it???

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im going to go with the g&g walnut stock since it is made for airsoft. what type of modifications do you think would have to be made to fit it to the TM version? Also, by looking at the pics of the G&G walnut stock it looks very light in color opposed to the dark color of the real steel walnut stocks, but it oculd just be hte picture. does anyone know where to find more information on the G&G m14 walnut stock or where to find any pictures of it???

Ugh, tripple post.

Honestly I'd avoid the G&G stock, you'll still have to do some milling of the stock. While the real stock is going to be among the harder options, I'd still recommend going that route because no offense to the asian market, but their selection of hardwood is downright terrible. Guarder makes good stuff, but even the wood that goes into their kits is okay. What you can find in some of the presentation grade stocks is going to be fantastic.

I just ordered my Heavy Walnut stock from http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/

post-9829-1126737378.jpg

post-9829-1126737448.jpg

post-9829-1126738684.jpg

"Just FYI, at this point I'm going to build a wood stock from a block of walnut that I purchased. The reason being is that real stock WILL NOT fit."

first u said a real stock wouldnt fit... then you said u were gona make your own stock out of a block of wood...now your saying that you just ordered a real stock to put on after u already said that a real stock wouldnt fit...what are you doing could you please make it clear to all of us! you said a real stock wouldnt work before why will it now work all of a sudden? How are you going to hollow out the space for the motor on the real stock? please fill us all in.

okay let me make it clearer. a standard USGI m14 stock is too thin in the neck of the rifle, the walls of the neck when hollowed out for the motor become inadequate in my opinion.

I was going to do the stock from scratch, however at the 11th hour I decided to go with a Heavy Walnut, which is a an oversized stock built extra thick in the neck of the gun for competition shooters, this should allow for me to safely bore out that area of the gun. I plan on doing this by building a jig and then using a drill press to remove the right amount of material at the right angle.

Again a standard M1A/M14 wood stock is too thin, if you use something like the Heavy Walnut or Big Red Birch stock the process becomes a whole lot safer. I'll know next weekend when I receive the stock. I'm just waiting for my stock to be sent. I'll document the process when I start it next weekend.

Hope that helps.

Beautiful, indeed.

Not only I like the wooden stock (how could I not) but also I find the metal finish - that opaque grey - be very realistic, more than my TM replica.

It's actually the metal finish I like the most, and the one that on most rifles, mimics some of the real steels most accurately.

I wonder if there is a way to refinish our own metal parts to look like that, although I reckon a professional studio might be needed in this case