M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How thin are the stock walls now that you've dug it all out?

Isn't going to snap anytime soon is it?

Just wondering as 3rd party airsoft stocks aren't going to be as sturdy as real steel modified ones, so they may be very weak.

How thin are the stock walls now that you've dug it all out?

Isn't going to snap anytime soon is it?

Just wondering as 3rd party airsoft stocks aren't going to be as sturdy as real steel modified ones, so they may be very weak.

Its solid. Walls are somewhere around 3/16's or 1/4 thick still.

The Stock still feels as strong now as it did when solid.

I am not worried about it breaking at all quite honestly.

Time was about 5 hours

Cost 25 bucks canadian for the stock at gun shop.

Its solid.  Walls are somewhere around 3/16's or 1/4 thick still.

The Stock still feels as strong now as it did when solid.

I am not worried about it breaking at all quite honestly.

Time was about 5 hours

Cost 25 bucks canadian for the stock at gun shop.

Nice to hear it.

Very nice price for the stock too... i think we'll be looking at $200+ for airsoft made ones.

Try 300-450 for good ones, I'm sure the Guarder ones will be super bank.

The problem with wood furniture from airsoft companies is the selection typically from Asian lumber yards tends to be kinda "eh" grade.

So the USGI oversized stocks are going to definately be better if you take your time to mill them out.

HA.

I supposed someone with a screen name like yours would pop up and ask me about this.

Well, It's a secret.

NOT :P

It's a Systema scope. And I'm loving it. Variable zooming, focus and illuminated. Lovely.

And it's almost as long as the rifle itself :D

Edited by Solo
Any of you M14 owners install the Prometheus 6.03 tighbore yet?  I'm wondering how much tighter your groups are, and how much it affects FPS.  Getting an M14 next week, but wondering if I should have one installed.

I did, didnt add a whole lot to FPS. Groupings were increased minimally, range increased by about 10-15%. Tightbore barrels are only really effective with FPS upgrades if you ask me. Ive just been to lazy to upgrade it any farther.

well just an update, I split the 150 dollar stock, whoopee.

So I ask you, fellow airsofters, what would be a good camo pattern to paint my stock?

Please give me a suggestion, I'm kinda thinking of something like:

http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/a...om/Dsc01442.jpg

But a bit darker.

How bad is the crack? If you were to use some wood glue, and then clamp it up as it dries, it could be like new again.

If you are going to camouflage it, then would stay away from the more complicated patterns, they end up making the replica look more artificial in my opinion. Especially with the M14, it's such a simple rifle to begin with. I would go with what the guys whose lives depend on it do:

http://img206.echo.cx/img206/2820/278thregcombtm1stid8jv.jpg

see how natural that looks? Just pick two colors that are close together and let the overspray from the can do all the blending work.

Edited by SilentScope

Yeah it is too bad, trust me, for 150 a pop it's kindling now.

At least I tried, and i know that a wood stock will come out soon enough, so we'll see.

Oh trust me, I aint painting a 900+ dollar scope. Not on your life.

So yeah I'm just going to paint the stock and handguard, easily swappable. I'm actually going to do the same paint scheme that you showed me, Silent Scope, nice and simple. When I get it done I'll be sure to send a pic.

generally yeah, I was going for the browner look of the picture you showed me.

But it's a bit darker, which works better in this area of California. Just need to get it setup for a few days to fully dry. But it feels good, the texture feels good in the hands.

When it's fully dry I'll install the BHI cheek rest.