M14 Picture Thread

here is mine

as you can see its a usgi stock thats been modified to take the tm m14 internals.

of course I had to make some modifications on the internals aswell

Most on the motor cradle and the locking mechanism to get it to fit.

Takes alot of work but the result are stunning.

DSCN0364.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

Edited by skandarn
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, i can say that i'm from sweden, and i haven't got my M14 quite yet. Its somewhere between HK, and Sweden =/. It was sent on DEC 30th 2005, so i guess i might get it this week, if i'm lucky =).

Callahan , lemme know which scope you got, i cant really decide which one of those three i'm gonna get as well. :geek:

Edited by Tiskaite
here is mine

as you can see its a usgi stock thats been modified to take the tm m14 internals.

of course I had to make some modifications on the internals aswell

Most on the motor cradle and the locking mechanism to get it to fit.

Takes alot of work but the result are stunning.

DSCN0364.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

I'll be quite honest, I like your gun alot but i have one major complaint... Why the PEQ? RIS/RAS Rails on an M14 ruins the beauty of an amazingly stunning gun :)

Some Eyecandy from the Peace Keeper Shop:

Camera's lie about the colors... they are indeed a ultra flat OD Light Green and brown....

106-0690_IMG.jpg

My ever famous camera shot from the upper reciever :) Its such a wierd shot that i love it :)

106-0691_IMG.jpg

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
looking quite good there i have been trying to get an aimpoint for my m14

The Gaurder version that I have is nice but it seems to me like the colors are off just enough to tweak my eye in the light... the same goes with the scope mount... I'll have to take pictures with the flash off and get a more natural picture of it, or take it outside sometime (although its friggen FREEZING). My 'rents wont let me spray a flat black over the scope mount and the scope for fear of "ruining it" Kinda disappointing because the aimpoint has a bit of a blueish tint to it :(

Lots of nice M14's in here! :D

Just to be a little bit different i got an M14 SOPMOD (as i like the modern tactical look of it and the RAS). I'm also probably gonna get an original TM or G&G one as well for the more retro look :)

star3_2.jpg

and with silencer on (i think i need a slightly longer silencer on it really, but thats all i have at the mo)

star7_2.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to take off the heatshield on the front of the m14?  I'm trying to put a ras on but I dont have the manual because I bought it used.

By Heatshield you mean barrel cover right? If So:

1. Take internals out of stock

2. Get a flat head screw driver out

3. Near the action on the gun there is a metal cross bar over the top of the cover, put the screw driver under this part and pry (Becarefull not to ruin other parts of your gun by doing this...)

4. It has two sides so repeat on the otherside (left and right)

5. Take all scopes off the gun

6. Lift out torwards the rear of the gun.

has anyone else had problems with the fake wood finish chipping of the m14?

I never had an issue with paint chippage, on anything for that fact. The only time my paint stripped was when i sanded the finish off and spray painted it :)

I know this might be a bit off-topic, but I couldn't find a better thread for it and I don't want to open a new one for my questions - so I would be glad If someone could help me out here.

I am just filling my shopping-basket at WGC with a TM M14 and some accessoires and I was wondering if anyone of you TM M14 owners has already collected some tuning-experience. I know (when it comes to gbv.7-specific tuning parts) there are just cylinder heads, spring guides and anti reversal latches released yet, but I would require my M14 to fire just a little bit over the forum limit (not too much though). Of course I am going to install the Prometheus barrel, but I don't know which spring to choose. This might be a strange question, but is the power output (related to the spring) the same as of other TM aegs? Meaning, if I upgrade my M14 with an Mxxx spring, will the result be the same as it would be when upgrading a gbv.2/3 aeg with an Mxxx? I just couldn't find any information about that (though it might be a quite unecessary question anyway, but I better stay on the safe side).

Thanks in adv.

I know this might be a bit off-topic, but I couldn't find a better thread for it and I don't want to open a new one for my questions - so I would be glad If someone could help me out here.

I am just filling my shopping-basket at WGC with a TM M14 and some accessoires and I was wondering if anyone of you TM M14 owners has already collected some tuning-experience. I know (when it comes to gbv.7-specific tuning parts) there are just cylinder heads, spring guides and anti reversal latches released yet, but I would require my M14 to fire just a little bit over the forum limit (not too much though). Of course I am going to install the Prometheus barrel, but I don't know which spring to choose. This might be a strange question, but is the power output (related to the spring) the same as of other TM aegs? Meaning, if I upgrade my M14 with an Mxxx spring, will the result be the same as it would be when upgrading a gbv.2/3 aeg with an Mxxx? I just couldn't find any information about that (though it might be a quite unecessary question anyway, but I better stay on the safe side).

Thanks in adv.

I dont know how many parts are out yet to upgrade internals for the TM M14 but i know there are several parts for stuff if it were to break such as the rod that the nob for the hop is on (i know because mine broke) I'd be worried to upgrade it since there are very few parts for it since its a new gun. the v7 gearbox dosent except standard sized gears so you'd be hard pressed to find upgrades...

My Thoughts... and Gratz on the M14 :)

Dont forget:

Long live the M14 Brotherhood!

I dont know how many parts are out yet to upgrade internals for the TM M14 but i know there are several parts for stuff if it were to break such as the rod that the nob for the hop is on (i know because mine broke)  I'd be worried to upgrade it since there are very few parts for it since its a new gun.  the v7 gearbox dosent except standard sized gears so you'd be hard pressed to find upgrades...

My Thoughts... and Gratz on the M14 :)

Dont forget:

Long live the M14 Brotherhood!

If your going just past the forum limits the stock gears are fine.  Even the piston is supposedly fine. but I put an upgraded piston in mine to be safe.  :-)

Your help is appreciated, but I have to say, I think you got my question wrong. I know which parts are released and I know that the stock gears could take a stronger spring, but my question was, if the springs cause the same power output results as in other gearbox versions. Of course I'm aware that it would be strange if Tokyo Marui decided to change such an aspect in their new gearbox version 7, but I'm just asking to be on the safe side, as mentioned above. So, to cut a long story short, my question was: Would a spring, generating (lets say) 328 fps in a gearbox version 2/3 generate about the same fps in the new gearbox version 7?

Thank you in adv.