• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fine, ruin my day :)

Long live the M14 Brotherhood!!!

Actually after some research they aren't much of a team. More of a gear enthusiast group.

So I say you should still try and get an m14 enthusiast section.

No real reason why it wouldn't fly.

Also if someone claims against it due to people will want an m4 section. That is wrong..

M14's are completely special as most projects require custom work and are special :)

As opposed to just buying and bolting on m4 ###### :P

Edited by clmwrx
M14's are completely special as most projects require custom work and are special :)

As opposed to just buying and bolting on m4 ###### :P

With all due respect, the majority of the airsoft M14's seem to be "buying and bolting" on accessories? I think I've seen about 4 or 5 that were truely unique. What other customizations can be done?

The major problem I'm having is with the angle of the motor.

As in fitting real stocks

Also a random question.

Besides a scope what exactly would you put on an m14 with ras?

I think it's for looks; some people like the look of rails...nothing wrong with it. I agree with you a RAS on an airsoft M14 does not seem to serve much of a purpose? I understand it can strengthen the rifle, but I replaced the Marui hand guard and it made it sturdy enough (not that it was all that bad in the first place).

Fitting a real stock on an M4 is not difficult by any means, but I wouldn't call it a simple "buying and bolting" job. I think it takes about the same effort as carving out a stock (yes, I've done both :) )?

I put a real steel butt plate on. its heavy and the spring is much more firm in the shoulder rest so it doesn't pop out in the bush as easy.

Down side is the real one the clean kit hole is too small for a battery. For me this is ok. I have a custom battery in my wood stock and I always had to take the 2 screws out and remove the butt plate anyhow to change batteries.

And I have a huge battery that last months anyhow.

We are a team.  You know we have team games.

Also patches and alot of us know each other. ;)

Edit: I've seen m14s with PEQs attached to RAS rails.

Are there patches? Why don't I have one...? :D

As for team forum, i've been suggesting it for ages... It would be a bit like Ar15.com where they have the M1a section... and if it is happening.. I would volunteer to be a mod.. :P

LeMongelo: Does my "custom" flashhider count as custom?

CIMG1114.jpg

I am actually quite amazed tht there still isn't a M1a scout flashhider in the market... this was supposed to be a temporary thing before I can buy one...

PS: I know it's not quite 100% accurate to the springfield one as the real one have holes on the top. But there are probably some other M1a flashhiders tht looks like mine...

Edited by FUmiYAsu

FUmiYAsu, Clmwrx, and I kinda started the whole thing by just putting it in all our M14 messages maybe us three could moderate the forum? This thread is for the M14 Brotherhood, its not a M4 thread in the teams section, its for the members of the Brotherhood. Not all owners of an M14 want to be in the brotherhood, and therefore dont have to come to our forums. I'm just trying to keep the picture thread a place for pictures, not discussion :) That and anyone who wants to buy one can come straight to our forum and ask us directly, rather then polluting any other forums with their questions.

My M14 Handguard is a real fiberglass one and i must say it makes my gun feel 1000000x better then with the original. Very nice and Sturdy! :)

EDIT: I know this sounds cruel and unusual but what has been stated above is quite true! Sorry if I offend anyone :)

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Actually... if we were to start a new section... would we have enough posts to fill it? We can have the picture thread, a few more about different accessories and maybe a few more about new real steel m14 stuff.. but tht's pretty much it...

whats the fps on an m14 with a m120 spring with some other upgrades like steel bushing, spring guide, tightbore, etc?

is m110 a better spring if Im trying to stay under, but close to 400 fps?

thanks.

Actually, I can answer that exact question just because i have those things in MY m14 (along with pom piston head). with an m120 spring, mine clocked around 410 - 415 fps while keeping the stock gears from stripping or causing any damage for a while. an m110 spring would hypothetically give you 360 - 375 fps, depending on the workmanship and how the rest of the internals are set and lubed. refer to this site for theoretical FPS for PDI systema springs: http://www.airsoft-guide.com/default.asp?view=33&ad=1

hope this helps!