M14 Picture Thread

Oh and just for your information that's not an ARMS mount. Not even close, looks sorta like the ARMS but that's some generic no-name mount.

in case anyone is interested in the ARMS mount, please be aware that they do not share the same thread pattern, you will have to drill and tap the receiver to fit the new ARMS mount.

Just be aware before you purchase a 100+ dollar mount.

Edited by Titleist
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sgtHanzo - That M14 (the standard one) is beautiful :wub:

Just a question to all... Is the wood stock on the TM M14 really that bad? Would it be better just to get the olive version and some real wood furniture? how hard are the wood kits to fit?

Thanks in advance

A gun I made for a friend today

Randy Shugart M14

EDIT OUT PICS

Thats a nice lookin gun, although I have to agree with titlist on this, the one used in the BHD movie was much darker, or hte lighting made it look a lot lighter! Regardless, I'm very jealous of your amazing painting skizzels :) I have a game this weekend, hopefully I can get some pictures of me in my almost complete kit =)

About the Harris Bipod question: What do you need? Well if you have a TM Nothing, just the bipod, it should mount directly to the hole infront of the front sling mount and it should stay there... if you have a G&G then I'm not entirely sure if you can. There is a size difference on the G&G from the real steel so RS Harris' might not work, I dont own a G&G to test it, but I bet you probably can.

I know the TM M14's come with a 14mm threaded barrel end under the flash hider (which is removable to reveal that 14mm threaded barrel) I would also assume the G&G has something similar. What can you mount? Any 14mm threaded silencer.

What always got me, is what would happen if you added an M203 to an M14, I know its blasphemous, but if you could get one to mount on a under RIS/RAS and attach it to the barrel stuff, that'd look strange, the G3 looks teh sehks with an M203 :)

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

If you know Different´s website about our loved M14, there is in Commercial M14 photo gallery picture of M14 SOPMOD with M203. It doesn´t look so strange although I like the most the classical GI wooden type.

P1010074.jpg

I did not like the look of SOPMOD but once I have seen a photo of someone´s (I think Oikoik´s) and was hit. I would like to buy this modification and start a collection of M14s:)))

Edited by vietnammarine

Just got my M14 today, and so far it seems very nice! I dryfired it twice and then it was off to installing my ProArms wood stock and G&P heatshield. I'll post pics tomorrow.

The ProArms stock was quite a pain in the *albatross* to install. Took quite a bit of adjusting to fit with a file, a Dremel and a hobby knife. However, it was well worth it since it looks infinitely better than the stock plastic wood imitation stock!

Chronoed the gun at 94,8m/s with 0,2g BBs. The muzzle velocity was extremely stable, so I can't wait to see how this thing shoots outdoors tomorrow!

Edited by Carbine

I'm headed out to a game today and I plan on getting a mug shot of me with my M14 so be watching here for some new pics from UrPeaceKeeper :) Probably new chrono results as well :)

Carbine, thats a nice rifle! Although you could have gotten a real steal heatshield for about the same price and it would be authentic :) Gratz on a beautifull rifle :)

gallery_7641_671_92615.jpg

TM M14 with advantage fabric tape and KING ARMS V2 scope rail. The scope is a 1.5-5X20 Whitetail classic night view compact. The sniper bra at the top has 2 X70 mags in it and a G&P 160 is in the gun = 300 shots.

gallery_7641_671_85609.jpg

View through the amazing wide angle scope on 1.5 mag (yep that is the front post you can see).

Good Spotter rifle ;)

URPeacekeeper, I'm thinking of getting a real composite stock to go along with the wood one anyway, so maybe then I'll get a real heatshield as well.

I want a real buttplate and shoulder rest for the wood stock too, since the Marui piece is too tall and looks funny over lapping the stock like that at the bottom.

have fun fitting a battery through a real butt plate, it's way smaller a door than the marui one. lol, I laugh out loud that the pro arms stock wasn't built to copy the rear of the marui in dimensions, but I guess that's why it's the cheapest option for stocks for the M14, ;-)

Yeah, it is strange how the stock is of a different Profile than the butt plate. Oh well, it's still 100x nicer than the fake Marui plastic wood :)

As for the butt plate, I'm thinking of just putting the battery in the stock and screwing the butt plate on. I can always reach the connectors throught the little door.

URPeacekeeper, I'm thinking of getting a real composite stock to go along with the wood one anyway, so maybe then I'll get a real heatshield as well.

I want a real buttplate and shoulder rest for the wood stock too, since the Marui piece is too tall and looks funny over lapping the stock like that at the bottom.

I've already lectured on this in detail, you'll need a dremel, with a flexible head, one metric butt load of sanding heads, some elbow greese, and about 6 gallons worth of bondo and fiberglass repair kit stuff. I still have my synthetic stock but the grip is too thin and has enough pressure behind it to squeeze the motor pretty damn hard. If you can find a synthetic stock with a wider grip you'd be able ot pull it off with minor bondoing.

My father and I broke several parts of my gun including the hop up screw and my fire selector (which i've repaired w/ super glue and a short metal rod)

I wish you luck on that affair :)

As for my pictures, I never said anything about posting pictures ^_^ (We left the camera in the car and forgot to take pictures... DOH ><)

UrPeaceKeeper, I'm actually only going to use the real butt plate and shoulder rest, not the complete stock. Preferably also the front sling attachment. Maybe if I find a synthetic stock for real cheap I'll give it a go though :)

Guys, since this is now the "official" ultimate M14 thread I thought I'd ask here..

Ever since I've taken the stock off my TM M14 to install a bipod adapter, the trigger guard has been loose, there's some play in it, the rear part of the trigger guard just moves up and about 3-4 mm. It would come off with the safety assembly with very little force, enough to get me concerned about it falling off during playing.

Anyone experienced something similar after taking theirs apart? Anyone has a solution? Thanks a lot I appreciate your help.