M14 Picture Thread

I am taking a pic tonight with scope, bipod and supressor, I'll add it later.

If this isn't strictly an M14 let me know and I won't post again. I find SOPMODS are l.ike Marmite, you either love 'em or hate 'em.

Yes another owner of a SOPMOD.Did you finally fix all the problems.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice gun leemovie.

. . . Before the upgrades, I felt that a scope is nothing more than a decoration.

I find the scope adds a lot to the precision of my shots. I can keep the groupings down to around 6" or so at 50' with the stock TM M14 and scope. With the open sights the grouping was noticably larger. Higher magnifications are not necessary, but scopes definitely help accuracy IMO.

Edited by fishsquatch

For those wanting to install a Harris bipod on their M14, here are some pics of the mount install (I hope this is the right place to post these pics). Thanks to Titleist for his link to the proper Harris bipod adaptor:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=706053

After removing the trigger gaurd and pulling off the stock, it becomes pretty obvious how the mount the adaptor. Mountsplus got the $10.50 mount to me very quickly.

S_P3270008.JPG

I ground down one side of the washer-nut so it would mount flush and not rotate.

S_P3270009.JPG

Here's the adapter mounted.

S_P3270011.JPG

Attaching the harris-style bipod is simply a matter of rotating a knob that tightens the bipod to the mount.

OMG what a amazing gun to skirmish (The fire selector was weird at first but i got used to it) Very accurate but with a full auto for sticky situations. I only had a standard mag and a speed loader, so semi was in use allot. Even though it was very effective as just a sharp shooter there were times when full auto was called for (shooting through bushes). So im looking to get a hi-cap and was wondering is the 'Hero Arms' (only $22on WGC) one any good.

Thanks

Evert 72

dont buy a hero arms hi-cap, they are ok at first, but they begin having feeding problems after a while, silaconeing helps a little but not enough, its really not worth it and i guaranty you will end up regretting it and buying a marui hi cap later

Edited by mr. pudin'
Oh how i want an M14....i hate all of you  :(

Dont Hate us because you cant get one, Hate us because we rub it in that you cant get one! :D JK Bro! Get a job, and join the Brotherhood!

Pictures inbound from this weekends OP and i must say that I have to disprove the Noticiablly larger groupings with iron sights, i had the opposite effect. With my RDS i was only getting 2 or 3 kills in 8 hrs, this time i got closer to 7-8 in 8 hrs (being my 7th or 8th official game thats pretty good) and at longer ranges!

I'm very impressed with my stock M14 and plan on getting some decent upgrades with what little cash I hopefully will be getting. (Anyone want to buy a decently sized mostly unpained Warhammer 40k Space Wolves army? PM Me :D)

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
And why would you want an EOTech? :P Real aimpoints cost a fraction of an EOTech :P

Uh, yeah...what's the color of the sky in your world?

Real Aimpoints + Mounts cost as much if not more than an EOtech which doesn't need an external mount.

An Aimpoint Comp M series compared to an EOtech 5xx series are not lopsided in price. Like I said, factor in a good mount for an aimpoint, then tell me that they're a fraction of the price.

Uh oh....what if someone decided to make EOTECH replicas.

We had a discussion about this months ago, search for it. Long story short, the EOTech is a holographic sight, not a reddot, so you could replicate the external look, but the operation...that'd be seriously hard.

Ah well, for what you get the EOTech is a bargain even at twice the price.