M14 Picture Thread

ah, I just find the EO sits high enough on the receiver with mount that rising it even higher is weird to me. Which is why I want that EBR, that adjustable cheek piece is nice considering the setup.

oh and btw, this is the look I'm going after, obviously different mount, that's a SEI mount and a gray lower, but it gives you the idea and also shows how the XT panels come into play:

EBR_Sample.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Milla my issue with the SOPMOD isn't the SOPMOD, but rather that the only SOPMOD you can get is that piece of ###### STAR model. I've never seen anything come from Star that wasn't junk.

The EBR and SOPMOD are both great, I just love the EBR that LITTLE bit more.

I have a star sopmod & im actually very pleased with it, extreme rof (1000rpm & upwards), menacing sound (like a chainsaw) & badass looks. The only thing that was a bit worrying was that 2 of the extra mags where put together completely wrong, but i allready rebuilt them like they should!

Milla my issue with the SOPMOD isn't the SOPMOD, but rather that the only SOPMOD you can get is that piece of ###### STAR model. I've never seen anything come from Star that wasn't junk.

The EBR and SOPMOD are both great, I just love the EBR that LITTLE bit more.

Hey there nothing wrong with the Star version.

I'm gonna post this here rather then in general:

All M14 Brotherhood Members who are attending Operation Broken Allegience this weekend in Iowa, we need to get together and get some photo's taken of our 1337 h4x0r guns and gear. I'll be there friday night, just look for the group with a bald guy cookin or shout out "Whiskey! Whiskey! Where are you!" and I'll respond. (I'm known as Whiskey in the local groups) Hopefully we'll be able to get some decent photo's. (I suppose you could look for the fool wearing the black delta helmet too :P)

Full M14 > Then all others!

This upcoming EBR will be my second Marui-based M14. I already have a full/traditional M14 with the walnut stock and Leupold. However I'm not one of those "ZOMG you raped the M14" cheese *rickrolls* who wine all the time, the EBR is a fantastic upgrade to a weapon platform that is finally getting the recognition it deserved. With that in mind it looks great to me, and trust me when I say I'm chomping at the bit to get my stock from DEN.

Can't say CA is a winner when it comes to internals. But yeah the VLTOR stock is nice. But the EBR is the best modernized setup IMHO.

All comes down to personal preference. I went with the M2A stock as the Sage system was a bit too heavy (also a McMillian was a bit cheaper...although harder to install). My opinion, the M2A is the better modern system for the money. I guess it also depends on if you need the rails...being a civilian I know I'm never going to need a torch or IR while shooting. For airsoft, I think any system would work fine as long as the internals are good. :)

Edited by LeMongelo
Its not that hard and besides not everyone can afford a 850.00 gun.

That's funny considering that it's like a 700 dollar gun, the STAR SOPMOD. I just think it's sloppy that they couldn't include a semi auto function, if I wanted half assed M14s I'd buy a Tim Chan M14, sorry, it certainly looks nice. But it just seems like one of those, "Oops we did our best, sorry" kind of things, and for 700 bucks that just doesn't sit well with me. Being that crappy CYMA and other knock off AEGs can do semi, I just don't see the reason for the ommision. And you shouldn't have to tap the trigger to get SEMI on a gun like that, it should be there in the first place.

All comes down to personal preference. I went with the M2A stock as the Sage system was a bit too heavy (also a McMillian was a bit cheaper...although harder to install). My opinion, the M2A is the better modern system for the money. I guess it also depends on if you need the rails...being a civilian I know I'm never going to need a torch or IR while shooting. For airsoft, I think any system would work fine as long as the internals are good.  :)

I agree that the SAGE is definitly on the heavy side. As you said it's preference, the McMillian systems are great. I have an M3A stock on my real Springfield M1A and it's the best stock I've ever used on a real gun, hands down. Never tried the M2A, but I'd like to eventually.

Do I need the rails on the SAGE? nope, but they're damn nice, and I like having the option, better to have them and not need 'em than to need 'em and not have 'em.

Actually its not a 700.00 gun more like a 580.00 brand new and besides its more realistic on apperance as the real M14 EBRs don't have a selector switch.

Titleist what kind of M1A do you have?

Edited by HKG36

Okay I thought they were at least 650 dollars.

However EBRs are stocks are not necessarily complete guns, and they all have selector switch cut outs. So that arguement doesn't really hold water, they're sold with cutouts to allow for both setups (M1A or M14). So it IS realistic. My friend in ohio has one of these stocks on his Norinco M1A and it has that cutout.

As for what M1A I have, I have a pre-ban Springfield M1A National Match. Paid an arm and a leg for it about a year ago. Only rifle I own currently.