M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question of the Week for Mauri M14 Owners! Has anyone tried using the real operating rod from a Real M14 in their Mauri? It looks like its the same part =) See Me I unfortunately dont have a real M14 to fiddle around with but if anyone does have a real one maybe this is something you should look at and see :D

At this point... I'd kill for a wood stock for my TM M14... My AK just flat out spoiled me... the plastic feels... like S..T...

Anyone have a spare wood stock they'll mod for me :D.

Well, I'll at least be able to tell you in a few weeks (school is getting in the way of airsoft again) how to mod a USGI surplus Walnut M14 stock to fit TM internals. Oh and plus a surplus fiberglass handguard. I put most of the externals together (bolt counts as internal mechanism) and holy *beep* does it looking teh sechs.

Some more ebr goodness

ebr4.jpg

ebr3.jpg

ebr2.jpg

ebr1.jpg

a eotech 512 is on the way.. and the single point sling is just for looks really... althou it seems to work surprisngly well...

I dunno why but photobucket keeps resizing two of the pics... i can't be bothered to upload it again... :lol:

If you are using XP, you can download and use a free Powertoy to resize images. Even if you resize the image to about 1024x768, the program will decrease the size of your images by a significant amount. Photobucket has a image upload size limit, above which the images get shrunk down, like in your case.

As for the EBR's, in order to get a shorter M14, am I correct in assuming that all I'd need is the following?

- First Factory Outer Barrel Shorty for Marui M14 Series/ PDI Real Outer Barrel 390 for M14

- Prometheus 6.03mm EG Barrel for M14 Short ( 420mm )

- First Factory Socom Type Front Sight Set for Marui M14 Series/ PDI S.E. Front Sight for M14 (plus a flash hider)

And would my original front sight work with either of the above outer barrels?

I have read through this entire thread and looked around Arnies and have not seen a real good concise answer to this question.

The TM M14 has the new version 7 gearbox, and I have looked around and not seen any kind of upgrade kit for it, or many parts that are listed as Version 7 parts. If I wanted to upgrade the internal to my gearbox does anyone have a list of compatible gearbox version parts or just a linked list of parts needed.

Example what spring guide would I use, a version 2 or 3

What Piston head, or cylinder and cylinder head.

What about gearsets, do you buy them individually or is there a set that works well, and bushings (I think these are just 6mm right)

Anyway I am looking at getting a TM M14 and upgrading it for use as a DMR on our field. I don't need to out range snipers, but Aug's, and the like..

Thanks

Mike

I have read through this entire thread and looked around Arnies and have not seen a real good concise answer to this question.

The TM M14 has the new version 7 gearbox, and I have looked around and not seen any kind of upgrade kit for it, or many parts that are listed as Version 7 parts.  If I wanted to upgrade the internal to my gearbox does anyone have a list of compatible gearbox version parts or just a linked list of parts needed.

Example what spring guide would I use, a version 2 or 3

What Piston head, or cylinder and cylinder head.

What about gearsets, do you buy them individually or is there a set that works well, and bushings (I think these are just 6mm right)

Anyway I am looking at getting a TM M14 and upgrading it for use as a DMR on our field.  I don't need to out range snipers, but Aug's, and the like..

Thanks

Mike

Guarder makes V7 gearbox parts, in particular reinforced gears, cylinders, spring guides, etc... i'd suggest checking their site or some merchant sites for them. I've heard no complaints so far about the guarder stuff, but then again I dont know anyone locally who's upgraded their M14 :)

If you are using XP, you can download and use a free Powertoy to resize images. Even if you resize the image to about 1024x768, the program will decrease the size of your images by a significant amount. Photobucket has a image upload size limit, above which the images get shrunk down, like in your case.

As for the EBR's, in order to get a shorter M14, am I correct in assuming that all I'd need is the following?

- First Factory Outer Barrel Shorty for Marui M14 Series/ PDI Real Outer Barrel 390 for M14

- Prometheus 6.03mm EG Barrel for M14 Short ( 420mm )

- First Factory Socom Type Front Sight Set for Marui M14 Series/ PDI S.E. Front Sight for M14 (plus a flash hider)

And would my original front sight work with either of the above outer barrels?

Dave, I used a PDI short barrel, Prometheus 390mm inner barrel, PDI crazy horse flashhider, and VFC vortex, the front sight of yours WILL work with the barrels you listed.

Dave, I used a PDI short barrel, Prometheus 390mm inner barrel, PDI crazy horse flashhider, and VFC vortex, the front sight of yours WILL work with the barrels you listed.

I thought you used a Prometheus 420mm inner barrel and PDI 390mm outer barrel? I didn't see any Prometheus 390mm inner barrels that last time I checked.

I got tht powertoy... I use it sometimes... but the thing is, the other two pics were alrit for some reason... and they are in 1024x768...

Mikeydog

Go to WGC and type ver.7 in the search box. That'll give you version 7 gears, tappet plate, anti-reversal latch and spring guide.

Now type ver. 7 (yes, ver._7) and get 2 cylinder heads.

Then search "m14". You'll find 2 cylinders and ver.7 nozzle along with some inner and outer barrels, mount bases, magazines etc. Just ignore G&G parts.

Piston, piston head and bushings are common ones.