M14 Picture Thread

Just upgraded my M14 with an M100 spring, metal bushings and an aluminum bearing piston head. The gun now shoots 103m/s (Roughly 339fps), with a max deviation of only 0,9m/s (3fps)! I will test it on Sunday and see how it performs. Should be very accurate.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just upgraded my M14 with an M100 spring, metal bushings and an aluminum bearing piston head. The gun now shoots 103m/s (Roughly 339fps), with a max deviation of only 0,9m/s (3fps)! I will test it on Sunday and see how it performs. Should be very accurate.

Sweet :D What brand of internal upgrades did you use? Also test your ROF so we can see the hell that comes from the end of that gun :) I'm looking to soon upgrade my TM M14 (might not be for another month but I'm certainly looking to beef it up! :D)

just out of curiousity was your compression a little off because with mine an m100 put me about 30 fps above what you described.

UrPeaceKeeper, I don't have a way to masure ROF yet, sorry :( However, it's quite high since I'm running a 9,6V 1700mAh bat. I used King Arms bushings and a Systema piston head.

hendrix, I checked the compression when I put the gun together and it was fine. The spring is quite old though, so it's probably that.

Edited by Carbine
UrPeaceKeeper, I don't have a way to masure ROF yet, sorry :( However, it's quite high since I'm running a 9,6V 1700mAh bat. I used King Arms bushings and a Systema piston head.

hendrix, I checked the compression when I put the gun together and it was fine. The spring is quite old though, so it's probably that.

Ahh should be pretty good then. I guess I'm a little spoiled, our group has a Chrono that has both ROF and FPS on it :)

As soon as I get money I plan to open my bad boy up and get some newer internals thrown in it new spring to get me some distance with .23's. The gun one day may becoming a single only Sniper but that will come when some more money comes in :)

Just outa curiosity has anyone tried 6mm bearings in their v7 gearbox?

The stock bushings are 6mm so you will have no trouble, other than the usual Marui gear axles being too thick, fitting 6mm bearings in there.

Do bear in mind that you will need to sand down the Marui gear axles about 0,01mm (preferably on a lathe) to make them fit the bearings properly. If you just hammer them in, you will risk damaging the bearing and it will be next to impossible to remove from the gear.

The stock bushings are 6mm so you will have no trouble, other than the usual Marui gear axles being too thick, fitting 6mm bearings in there.

Do bear in mind that you will need to sand down the Marui gear axles about 0,01mm (preferably on a lathe) to make them fit the bearings properly. If you just hammer them in, you will risk damaging the bearing and it will be next to impossible to remove from the gear.

I'm thinking an entire gearbox remake, Guarder makes v7 gears would these fit normally in the hole? or would I have to lathe em down as well? THe internal make over would be:

Bushings

Shimming (as would be needed)

Gears

Hop up Rubber

Piston

Piston Head

Spring (This concerns me,I dont want it to push over US limits)

Spring Guide

Basically the entire gearbox short of the gearbox itself :) I'm sure I'm missing alot of stuff that is needed. Fill in on what else i'd probably need.

In Other News: The M14 Brotherhood might be getting our own team forum if R22 will allow us to have one. That will keep this thread clearer of questions and more full of pictures :)

Not to *beep* in anybody's corn flakes, but making an M14 forum here on arnies is stupid, but makes sense since us americans need to make a stink about everything. Look, I don't see the M14 as any more special then the M4, MP5, or SIG series. I think it's just 'TRYING' to be different for no other reason. It's not like it's a limited edition gun or it's very expensive.

I can understand the need for a PTW user group, there are only about 100 recreational PTW owners in the world, however the M14 isn't that special. Sorry to be the rainy black cloud, but you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Would a 9.6v battery be too much for a stock M14? I ask because I have a 9.6v crane battery lying around and was thinking about using that with the EBR kit if it will fit. Gotta save money somewhere. :)

And as for the "there should be a separate M14 forum", I think this thread does a good enough job of answering most people's M14 questions. :)

Edited by davedawg123
Would a 9.6v battery be too much for a stock M14? I ask because I have a 9.6v crane battery lying around and was thinking about using that with the EBR kit if it will fit. Gotta save money somewhere. :)

And as for the "there should be a separate M14 forum", I think this thread does a good enough job of answering most people's M14 questions. :)

Yeah I realize that this thread does that but for a picture thread it isnt doing its job very well :P The thread isnt necessarily for just the M14, its for The M14 Brotherhood. Since not all owners of M14's are in the Brotherhood its more of a recreational forum area where we can talk M14 w/out cluttering up this picture thread. It would be open to the public but at least the threads would clutter up that area rather than this picture thread.

Yeah I realize that this thread does that but for a picture thread it isnt doing its job very well :P  The thread isnt necessarily for just the M14, its for The M14 Brotherhood.  Since not all owners of M14's are in the Brotherhood its more of a recreational forum area where we can talk M14 w/out cluttering up this picture thread.  It would be open to the public but at least the threads would clutter up that area rather than this picture thread.

Not to be a jerk, but you want to have your cake and eat it too, and that's not gonna happen, buddy.

Look at any other thread, you want thsi to JUST be a picture thread, well there's no Marui P226 discussion thread, why don't we demand that while were at it too :rolleyes:

People aren't just going to post pics in a thread, they're going to discuss them, go off on tangents, etc, it's normal for a forum, if you're bummed people aren't posting enough pictures well sorry dude...don't know what to say. Again I think a seperate forum is beyond stupid, it's a waste of space and frankly, there's nothing about the M14 that's unique. You want to make it into a brotherhood like it's somehow special, it's a gun for *beep*'s sake. As the saying goes, quit making a mountain out of a molehill.

freg, thx for the reply actually I meant this with heatshields:

http://www.airsoft-war4.com/photos//200312020699.jpg

its not the brand but the length Im unsure about, which length would you suggest? I know keyzer has some similar to those: http://www.airsoft-war4.com/photos//200505284919.jpg

but he doesnt respond to my pm, maybe his inbox is full...

( http://www.depot53.com/178/News%20Releases/SOPMOD%20lg.jpg here you can see the actual m14 sopmod rail length)

Edited by Purity
UrPeaceKeeper, yeah, the Guarder gears will fit bearing bushings just fine.

Awesome, thats good to know, I might be reconsidering, I just read a guys article on upgrade recomendations for any gun, and since i"m not sure if i want to go higher then an M100 I think the metal oiless bushings will be the better option. =)

Titlist The message was sent to R22 this past weekend. Its up to him to decide if he wants it to be or not. My impression is that although the M14 Brotherhood isnt exactly a team such as the 462nd (Local group) it is still a team of people with a common intrest. We did have several M14 brotherhood members present at one skirmish (although I never got a chance to talk to any of them... sry!) I dont see us as just a bunch of forum louts either. If someone wants to start their own p226 group call it whatever it may be, and have a forum, whats to stay they cant?

The M14 is unique, its not like other Mauri guns, its better, the new hop up is amazing, the new gearbox is a pain in the butt to upgrade but amazingly designed. I dont mean to sound rude, but just because the rest of us dont have the arsenal you do, doesnt mean we are just another face in the crowd or a social outcast. We are a unique group of individuals who have formed a group to show our intrest in our particular gun, and our knowledge of that particular gun.

I understand that people post pictures, people comment and ask questions, but there are alot of conversations that arnt a result of anything in particular. Stuff that could be answered outside of this thread. Even arguments like these could be moved off, which is why i'm not going to continue this after this post.

Its all to time now and R22's judgement on weather or not it becomes a reality. DESPITE your nay-saying.

The P90 also had a revolutionary design. Evolution is revolution. New things are mostly better.

Check out the M249 thread. Pretty damn long, and no one ever asked about a separate forum dedicated to the M249, which is as revolutionary as the M14.

If newbie’s manage to post generic questions about AEG's in the tactical gear section, what makes you think they will suddenly be smart enough to ask a M14 question in the M14 section and not the General Discussion?

A separate forum is also splitting sometimes valuable resources. You can only search one forum at a time, so you could either search just the General Discussion forum, or the whole damn forum which is filled with the magical keyword "M14".

How many M4/M16 owners are there? I can say with full confidence that many more than the M14. Any requests for a dedicated forum for this flooded with accessories fine firearm with endless possibilities? Nope.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Okay first off, I'm a pretty level headed person, I don't rub in my purchases or brow beat people because they don't spend as much as me. So your little jab at my and my arsenal was totally uncalled for.

The M14 is not unique, it's got a better hopup, okay, but it's the same concept as any other marui gun. There's nothing special about it, it's not even that hard to track one down nowadays. You want to show your interest? well then post in threads like these, but once we start this 'me too' forum mentality people will demand Mp5 forums and M4 forums. Mike made a great point, there are a massive number of M4 owners and I don't see them making a brotherhood of M4 users.

Again, don't assume that because I own a lot of guns that I don't think your opinion is faceless, I just think it's stupid. So opinion acknowledged. Considered. Ignored.

This forum is already buggy, tied up with senseless threads like "show us your flashhiders" threads, I don't see why the M14 needs it's own forum, when countless other guns have done perfectly fine with the few threads they have. That's why I think it's a silly idea.

I hear cheese goes pretty good with whine

Edited by Titleist