M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful gun. Nice and simple, just the way i like it. :)

Thanks for the comment.

Seconded!  One little niggle is that the OD on the scope looks to be too light but thats completely negligable :)  Good job :)  Done anything internally to it?

The OD scope was done with Krylon OD camo spray paint. If we're talking about the accuracy of the OD shade for this M14, then TM's rendition of the OD color is too dark. Even the military issued OD ground sheet is lighter than the M14's OD stock.

Internally, an Action 4oo fps spring is in and a 9.6V 2000mah NiMH medium battery pack is used. I must say I'm very impressed with the gun's accuracy and smooth function. I had a TM AK once and the motor was very whinny despite all the possible adjustments done to the motor height screw. The TM M14 is very quite and smooth.

I got a problem here. I have 8 of the G&P 160 round magazines and they are only holding between 60-110. I've tried silicon oil and leaving them loaded for 2 nights. I was wondering what anyone else has done to fix this problem. Any input on sanding down the follower, triming the spring.

Thanks in advance

any help would be appreciated.

I'm actually thinking of putting my EO 552 on my M4 PTW and letting the EBR have the 511. Since I'm really digging the 552 so much. But FUmi, I think the scope looks best on your gun, IMHO.

The thing is, I don't like really like magnification for this... eotech is probably better performance wise... but i think I am keeping the scope as part of my EBR kit. It should be quite modular with those throw lever rings...

isn't the 511 a bit small for the EBR thou?

Actually I think you got me wrong... Mine's actually a 512... the 511 thing for for titleist since he was saying that he is going to switch the 552 with the 511...

I think my main problem with this look is that I like something in Khaki on the top....but I don't want to paint the eotech... maybe i should wait for the 553 or something...

but then I am probably taking a break from airsoft for a few years so it's probably not a good idea to spend anymore on it...and i need to pay for a new laptop, etc.... <_<

is there any khaki accessories that I can get to put it on the top? to use inconjunction with the eotech...

Edited by FUmiYAsu

No that was more directed towards Titleist :) I'm a proud owner of a 511 myself.

I have seen these camo covers for EOTechs that are made out of BDU material but they are a bit ghetto. The hood has a pretty resilient finish on it. I sprayed one of my earlier EOTechs green and I was able to get most of the paint off before I sold it. Nevertheless, I would be absolutely sure before going there if I were you.

Show the gun with its scope on to your friends and let your enemies see it with the EOTech on ;)

Edited by SilentScope
No that was more directed towards Titleist :) I'm a proud owner of a 511 myself.

I have seen these camo covers for EOTechs that are made out of BDU material but they are a bit ghetto. The hood has a pretty resilient finish on it. I sprayed one of my earlier EOTechs green and I was able to get most of the paint off before I sold it. Nevertheless, I would be absolutely sure before going there if I were you. 

Show the gun with its scope on to your friends and let your enemies see it with the EOTech on ;)

alrit.. it's just tht you quoted my comment.. so I wasn't sure... :)

the other thing I don't like about paint the hood is that I loose all the "For Law enforcement and military use" wordings...

lol, uh oh so no love for the 511 on the EBR?

I'm considering swapping the two, but what do you guys think, what looks better on the ebr? 511 or 552?

Your call. Let me know.

Oh and for the record I'm 100 opposed to painting optics, for me at least that massively kills resale value. Which is the nice thing about owning real optics on airsoft, you don't do any real wear and tear so you can fence them if the need arises.