M14 Picture Thread

Was it really necessary to quote all those pictures/ <_<

They ARE very nice pictures :) It doesnt hurt to see them again :D

I do believe he painted it himself, but I'll let him answer it :)

On a more positive note, I've finally decided to upgrade my gun to a more american standard for AEG's Parts will be here later this week :) I hope i dont mess anything up 0.o Disassembly guide is bookmarked! /Pray!

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They really are quite nice pictures.

I didn't mind seeing them again. :) Good luck on the upgrading UrPeaceKepper. Except to be stressed out because of the gearbox, lol. I have yet to open a gearbox and not have to worry about something or other.

Still trying to conjure up some money and find a good place to buy an M14 myself, lol.

Edited by Badly Browned

whats the advantage to putting the ris on the m14? what would be practical that you would mount to it? i just was thinking about that, and i like it, but i cant really think of anything good on it, its not like you can mount the bipod onto it, unless of course you had a m60 style one that would fold from above

Tac-Light and AN/PEQ - clicky - I know it's not a proper RIS :) , but you get the idea. There's also one with an EOTECH mounted forward like on a SOC - clicky - smart :) . The pic of the sniper with the smiley painted on his lens cover is on there too somewhere - his scope is mounted to a RIS with both scope mounts forward (found it!).

Tac-Light and AN/PEQ - clicky - I know it's not a proper RIS :) , but you get the idea. There's also one with an EOTECH mounted forward like on a SOC - clicky - smart :) . The pic of the sniper with the smiley painted on his lens cover is on there too somewhere - his scope is mounted to a RIS with both scope mounts forward (found it!).

On a full length M14 it would serve no purpose for many reasons:

1.) Flashlights are close in usage unless you have the Sun Spot Flashlight, and we all know how a 44.5 inch long gun fairs in CQB

2.) EOTECH Mounts arnt hard to comeby to mount it forward w/out all the RIS/RAS, redwolf has them, they sit just foward of the Bolt and require a new upperhand guard (Ohh shucks) and this configuration on a full M14 looks ridiculous

3.) A Bipod? Are you Serious? Harris Bipods attach directly to the M14 w/out RIS/RAS so why would you want any other one? (Ohh kay, I can see the E2 Bipods but anything else is just obsurd)

4.) Well, being as the RIS/RAS doesnt go on the bottom, no M203 or Gren launcher (Might look cool :P)

5.) PEQ/Lasers are very cool, but their use on a full length rifle is pretty limited, mainly because lasers are fairly hard to see in woodland, and the gun is simply too long to be effective in CQB

Now, on something like the SOC 16, I can see about 193874109837 reasons why it would be usefull. But i'm not a fan of the snub nose brother of my M14 :)

Here is my Upgrade Package (And by package I mean self picked) ((Caution, lots of Guarder Products ahead))

GD-PT-GE0204 Guarder Steel Gear Set for TM AEG Ver.7

GD-PT-GE0307 Guarder Cylinder for Marui M14

GD-PT-GE0403 Guarder Polycarbonate Ventilation Piston Head

GD-PT-GE0404 Guarder Polycarbonate Piston for TM AEG Series

GD-PT-GE0417 Guarder Steel Cylinder Head for Ver. 7 Gearbox

GD-PT-GE0501 Guarder Steel Bearing with Double Oil Channel for All Marui

GD-PT-GE0508 Guarder Ball Bearings Spring Guide for Ver.7 Gearbox ( M14 )

GD-PT-GE0607 Guarder Enhanced Tappet for Marui Ver.7 Gear Box

GD-PT-GE0702 Guarder Improved Hop Bucking ( 70 )

GD-PT-GE0706 Guarder Shim Set ( For MARUI AEG Series )

GP-TL-GREASE G&P Grease Set for Airsoft Gun

SYS-ZA-06-04 Systema Irregular-Pitch Spring M1** Oil Temper for all AEGs ( Exclude PSG-1 )

I would have the Guarder Reinforced Polycarb Piston but WGC was outa stock (my back up, the G&P Polyacetal was also outa stock) so I'm hoping this one will last long enough for me to afford to buy a reinforced piston. Although prospects are looking like probably not. Also I had trouble finding Metal Bushings, so Bearings will have to make due for now. Several of the guys at my field have Bearings in their M1** guns and they dont have issues. 9.6v Battery on the way to power all this!

My main concern is for it to still be shooting WAAY over US limits and I'd be forced then to get a Harris Bipod and use it as a sniper rifle.

I second that.  Guarder springs are the best I have used.

Well, its a wee late now, but for future refrence, awesome. The Systema Spring is rated at our field limit, (some number [200] multiplied by 2) so if it cools down from there thats 100% fine by me, I'd rather be shooting under the limit then over or at the limit. If by "hot" you mean it suxors then I guess I'm SOL for now. A weaker spring might be easier on the non reinforced piston :D

Bearings are upgraded bushings just so u know. Your BETTER off with bearings.

You clearly don't know what the logic is so i shall inform u.

6mm= high speed

7mm= high power m135 and up

8mm= BEASTLY

Bushings=too cheap to buy a nice upgrade or live in the UK and dont need the good stuff for high powered guns.

TM pistons are the *beep*. It should run fine with an M135. I'm guessing you are only running a M120 though. Will run for a good 15,000 rounds with that.

Well, its a wee late now, but for future refrence, awesome.  The Systema Spring is rated at our field limit, (some number [200] multiplied by 2) so if it cools down from there thats 100% fine by me, I'd rather be shooting under the limit then over or at the limit.  If by "hot" you mean it suxors then I guess I'm SOL for now.  A weaker spring might be easier on the non reinforced piston :D

We were referring to the quality of the spring, not the power.

6mm= high speed

8mm= BEASTLY

Bushings=too cheap to buy a nice upgrade or live in the UK and dont need the good stuff for high powered guns.

TM pistons are the *beep*. It should run fine with an M135. I'm guessing you are only running a M120 though. Will run for a good 15,000 rounds with that.

"Bearings" are usually only bushings that use ball bearings to get higher speeds. These generally break much faster than standard metal bushings. In fact, most people consider bearing bushings worse than standard bushings. Myself included. Why? I had a set fall apart inside a gearbox. Bearing bushings also require much finer shimming in comparison to standard bushings.

6mm= high speed

8mm= BEASTLY

why would 6mm give you a higher RPM over 7mm. and with an m120 a TM piston will run much longer than 15,000 rounds.

bushings work much more sturdier in high power upgrades to.

On a full length M14 it would serve no purpose for many reasons:

<snip>

Sorry, I was just showing what troops had mounted on theirs in real life :) - I know it's probably useless for airsoft, but when has that stopped anyone :D .

Nice set of upgrades btw :) .

We were referring to the quality of the spring, not the power.

I see, could you elaborate on what exactly is going to happen to it??? does it lose power quickly? snap in half? spontaneously combust?

Unfortunately, I'm even more confused, I understand the risks of bearings, and I wanted metal bushings, but they will be fine with the M120? The piston chosen will work in it, but how long will it last with my spring?

I guess it being 3:30 AM doesnt help either!

Systema springs are made from inferior metal.

They will "settle" faster than any other spring for more fps loss than any other spring.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not seeing this as a problem unless it settles off a signifigant amount (say 35fps...) If it is then I guess I'll have to order another spring from somewhere else :D