M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The hick way to do that is to drill out a slightly larger diameter hole and let the ARMS screw thread the aluminum receiver. The PROPER wayt o do it is to get a real TAP and thread the receiver to the thread pattern/size of the screw.

I have 2x real ARMS mounts on my M14s and did this twice, great mounts though.

COPYCAT!!!!! lol

Nah. :P

As I told you prior, I wanted an open front sight instead of the closed ring type and the VFC flash hider and QD silencer but eh, I went for the cheaper option. The EOTechs kick *albatross* but I prefer the look (and weight) of my little reflex sight. :)

As for short EBR's, one of my reasons in doing the conversion (besides the fact that I find it to be the dead sexiest rifle ever) was to make the M14 shorter.

Edited by davedawg123
wow!! seems the growing trend is for short baarreled EBR's

Yeah no *beep*, I'm gonna have to start charging all you cheese *rickrolls*, each time you make a short barreled EBR. lol.

Kidding of course...

...except about the tax, cuz it's true. :D

It's the Titleist Tax.

Edited by Titleist

badass chopmod there!

titleist started a trend with the "shorty" ebr's...although they are still quite long.

as for the bolt hole for the mount, I just brought my tm m14 to my local home depot and test fitted it with metric sized bolts...j/k. I think 5mm is the size.

70435600-L.jpg

Yeah yeah, just get a patent for it why don't you.

From this day forth, the airsoft version of the chopmod shall be known as the...

Titleistmod. :)

tht wouldn't be exactly correct since the chopmod EBR is the name for the shorter/lighter version of the EBR stock which is different from the full size one that we all have regardless of barrel length. So basically we only have short barrel EBRs but not the chopmod... :)

unless you chop off about 2 inches at the front of your stock and drill additional holes into the stock... :rolleyes:

Edited by FUmiYAsu

Mixed news from the Update table:

The Good: Everythings in everything worked, err sorta (see below) i have yet to install the new hop up bucking, but i'm waiting to see how the upgraded spring and current hop will work together with my heavier bb's.

The Bad: I should have figured this but it would appear my Motor is over heating, my wires are getting warm, and my battery IS warm.

The Problem: Bad shimming, Stock TM Nylon bushings dont "flow" into the gearbox like the Guarder bearings did (I thought this was weird but I didnt want to "tap them in" as this might deform my gearbox shell, and we know what I've got then, a nice wall hanger)

The Solution: I'm out of town tomorrow, so Im gonna wait till Sunday to crack her open again and reshim the thing. Some heavier wireing may be in line as well as some new connectors. The 9.6v Battery is fine, the motor is fine, the gearbox wont turn over. I've moved the motor heigh adjustment screw prior to the overheating and I turned it a little bit more just in case. Bad shimming Is what I think the problem is. (Shoulda never trusted the back of the Guarder box =) ) The gears and piston were all greesed prior to gearbox closure so I'm hoping thats not the issue. Maybe some Metal Bushings would work better then bearings for my M1** spring.

Side Note: Anyone else think TM buggered up when they made the gearbox so hard to dissassemble? I'm following the dissassembly guide and man there is alot of things to do PRIOR to actually opening up the gearbox =\ I guess life isnt as easy as I'd like it to be :)

Edited for My stupidity sakes :)

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

A few pics of my recently tarted up TM M14 (OD fibre stock). I've fitted a ProArms wooden stock (Mk2 version so the label on the box says), VFC steel stock liner screw heads and bipod stud and a G&P brown top heat cover which I put through the abrasive blaster at work to matt down the finish.

Vanilla set up with original M1/M14 web sling

TMM14.jpg

TMM141.jpg

"Pimped up" with King Arms scope mount, Guarder rubber armoured 3-9x40 Red/Green illuminated scope, King Arms spring eject Harris type bipod and repro M1907 leather sling.

TMM142.jpg

TMM143.jpg

I can safely say I am now a very happy bunny.

:D

Fitting the stock wasn't too bad, it took about 3/4 hour to an hour of careful work with a Dremel. There were a number of spots inside the stock that needed removal of material. The main one being the guide slots for the trigger guard assembly, the slots are placed a little too far back and thus needed enlarging forward slightly to allow the trigger guard to locate and lock correctly. Once the guard was fitting ok I also found that I needed to remove a little from around the trigger area as the trigger itself was rubbing on the stock interior and stay in the pulled position when released. The other main point for attention was the forward sling point, I removed some material from the inside of the stock to allow the two allen head screws to pass through sufficiently to correctly screw into the plate on the inside. I did find there was a bit of a gap between the action and the stock at the top right rear near to the left rear of the selector switch so I shaped a small piece of wood to fir and glued it in place, you can see it but it's but as noticable as the gap that it fills.

Um..i think instead of giving titleist the patent on short barreled m14's you guys should pay homage to springfield, troy, sage international, or smith enterprises...

Just a thought. As much as we airsofters would like to think of ourselves as number one in the e-peen innovations arena, we really arent even on the list.

Um..i think instead of giving titleist the patent on short barreled m14's you guys should pay homage to springfield, troy, sage international, or smith enterprises...

Just a thought.  As much as we airsofters would like to think of ourselves as number one in the e-peen innovations arena, we really arent even on the list.

Hey magz, shut up and give me my royalty check. :D